Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, and VA

Ideas for Va Beach and Tidewater region Cobalts

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ideas for Va Beach and Tidewater region Cobalts

I have been thinking about starting either a club or team (as in racing) or both for the Virginia Beach/Tidewater area since I've seen quite a few 'balts and no support for this area. Mostly this is out of starvation of contact with others who are as fanatic or at least half as fanatic about cars and mostly because I think it would be fun to have a group meet every sunday (or every other, whatever) and have lunch, relax, shoot pool etc, etc.
I am also proposing that we, en masse, attend the local autocross meets every first sunday of the month and have a good time there as well. Admission is free and it's $20 to enter the autocross competition (helmet required). Fun runs (non-timed, can have a passenger) are somewhere around $3-5 a piece, and even less when bought in bulk (5 runs - $10 or something like that). Registration is before 10:3am i think.
Not to mention the races held at Langley Speedway every wensday night from 5:30pm on. $15 dollars for pit admission (racing requires helmet and ID 18+) and $8 for the stands. They also have half-day track rentals for clubs, private groups, etc.
Thoughts? Comments? Am I just crazy?
Old 09-21-2006, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by panblackrose
I have been thinking about starting either a club or team (as in racing) or both for the Virginia Beach/Tidewater area since I've seen quite a few 'balts and no support for this area. Mostly this is out of starvation of contact with others who are as fanatic or at least half as fanatic about cars and mostly because I think it would be fun to have a group meet every sunday (or every other, whatever) and have lunch, relax, shoot pool etc, etc.
I am also proposing that we, en masse, attend the local autocross meets every first sunday of the month and have a good time there as well. Admission is free and it's $20 to enter the autocross competition (helmet required). Fun runs (non-timed, can have a passenger) are somewhere around $3-5 a piece, and even less when bought in bulk (5 runs - $10 or something like that). Registration is before 10:3am i think.
Not to mention the races held at Langley Speedway every wensday night from 5:30pm on. $15 dollars for pit admission (racing requires helmet and ID 18+) and $8 for the stands. They also have half-day track rentals for clubs, private groups, etc.
Thoughts? Comments? Am I just crazy?
Sounds like a good idea.....Im interested. Let me know what I can do to help you out getting this thing together. I know a couple other people will be interested as well.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:10 PM

The only thing that can really be done right now is just mention it to other Tidewater 'balts. Otherwise let the thread take shape and see who actually cares. By the way, nice... Bell-air is it? I'm not too keen on knowing the older, not so well known muscle cars, but it's pretty and I like the color scheme.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:51 PM

The only thing that can really be done right now is just mention it to other Tidewater 'balts. Otherwise let the thread take shape and see who actually cares. By the way, nice... Bell-air is it? I'm not too keen on knowing the older, not so well known muscle cars, but it's pretty and I like the color scheme.
Hmmm any progress on this thing??? Guess not.....I created a group on myspace thinking it might be easier that way but havent had any luck with that either. SO what now???? Im thinking of printing out some flyers and just going around placing them under peoples wiper blades....but then I thought "Thats a little extreme. It shouldnt be this hard!" Oh and yes. Its a '57 Chevy 4dr. Bel-air. Well if anyone wants to meet up with me Im normally at the classic cruisers show out on 17 on Sat nights (Harley Davidson). Our cars are too new to enter....but its a place where a lot of people get together....and its a great time to look at some classics and get some tips from the old timers (considering most of their cars are spitting out double the horses that ours do!!!!!). Plus if we get enough balts out there we would probably get some recognition...ya know???? Had a couple people check mine out last weekend...and I was parked next to a 2006 vette.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:55 PM

Nice. I was near Jenro's Sat. night round 8-ish and passed a pretty nice car meet with stangs and a few vettes. I drove around, asked a few questions, admired the new Roush mustang I figured I'd join the myspace group considering I have one, so what the hell? It's infectious.... MYSPACE RUINED MY LIFE Gonna go this saturday afternoon to Jenro's?
Old 10-01-2006, 07:34 PM

Usally All the Balts and Redlines meet around 3:00 - 3:30. This past Sat. we have A lot of redlines and two balts you guys should come out. If u want to get in contact with me just PM me and i belive rredontheheadd i am already your friend on myspace
Old 10-01-2006, 09:17 PM

this is the 1st time i ve seen this thread. is it tidewider cobalts or hampton road cobalts? or tidewide vs hampton roads
Old 10-01-2006, 09:28 PM

We MUST include the REDLINES so how about like HR ECOTEC or 7Cities ECOTECS ?
Old 10-01-2006, 09:35 PM

I kind of was hoping to start this thread as an Ion/Cobalt Tidewater (which includes Hampton roads ) team kinda thing. as for 7cities ecotec, you got that from that scion that drives around with the 7cities scion window vinyls Hmmm, I don't know about the name. I was hoping for something interesting and intimidating, ya know? especially if any of us are going to go to meets or races. How about think of a few choices and bring em with you for this saturday, eh? Unless people are bored enough on tuesday to do a mini meet : I tried to make it last saturday (a week ago) but I was there around 1-2 with my girl eating. I saw a silver Balt there this past saturday night round 8:30-ish when I rolled through that Mustang meet. Well, off to work. I'll be back before 12. Hopefully.... I hate wedding receptions.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:45 PM

I kind of was hoping to start this thread as an Ion/Cobalt Tidewater (which includes Hampton roads ) team kinda thing. as for 7cities ecotec, you got that from that scion that drives around with the 7cities scion window vinyls Hmmm, I don't know about the name. I was hoping for something interesting and intimidating, ya know? especially if any of us are going to go to meets or races. How about think of a few choices and bring em with you for this saturday, eh? Unless people are bored enough on tuesday to do a mini meet : I tried to make it last saturday (a week ago) but I was there around 1-2 with my girl eating. I saw a silver Balt there this past saturday night round 8:30-ish when I rolled through that Mustang meet. Well, off to work. I'll be back before 12. Hopefully.... I hate wedding receptions.

hmmmmmmmmm What about the "Care Bears" ....... No thats taken

Old 10-01-2006, 10:01 PM

Im interested, and for a name ... it can be decided in a meet.
Assault Craft Unit 4 has autoX once a month, in the Little Creek Amphib Base.
I dont really know how much it is, but I can find out.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:48 AM

Actually I was thinking the "Super Fluffy Tell-i-Tubby Gang" but care bears is fine...

As for auto-x yeah, they have one sponsored by the Sports Car club of America out at the old pungo air field every first sunday of the month. I know it's 20 bucks to enter in a round which consists of 4 runs. Then they have "fun runs" aka free runs that come at 3 bucks for one or some sort of discount for more. You can actually have someone in the car with you on those. But please find out about the base thing, I would definitely like to know when, where, and how much.

By the way, sighted a blue balt (looked like an SS/NA) at the light while I was makin a left onto N. Hampton Blvd round 11:30-ish on my way back to Norfolk, considering I had to go around my ass to get to my elbow because of the construction at night. I could see two people but that was it. Made me miss my car since it looked exactly like it. I hate driving big ass vans..... f&*^in econoliners...
Old 10-02-2006, 01:50 AM

Nightrider, do you know how to use HPTuners? I'm curious cuz I really want to get it, but I want advice on how to use it, considering I'm still learning about the computer tuning.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:00 AM

I know how to navigate the program but as far as tuning i am really new to it. The reason i bought it was when i get my car tuned by someone else if my car was acting funny i could always "flash" it back to a known safe config. But if u wanted to check it out sometime id be more then happy to show it to you.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:34 AM

Actually I was thinking the "Super Fluffy Tell-i-Tubby Gang" but care bears is fine...

As for auto-x yeah, they have one sponsored by the Sports Car club of America out at the old pungo air field every first sunday of the month. I know it's 20 bucks to enter in a round which consists of 4 runs. Then they have "fun runs" aka free runs that come at 3 bucks for one or some sort of discount for more. You can actually have someone in the car with you on those. But please find out about the base thing, I would definitely like to know when, where, and how much.

By the way, sighted a blue balt (looked like an SS/NA) at the light while I was makin a left onto N. Hampton Blvd round 11:30-ish on my way back to Norfolk, considering I had to go around my ass to get to my elbow because of the construction at night. I could see two people but that was it. Made me miss my car since it looked exactly like it. I hate driving big ass vans..... f&*^in econoliners...
When did you see that Blue balt??? was it on friday nite? Cause I was out that way. Trying to make my way to the interstate! Also I know that Warwick High out here in NN is having a show here pretty soon. Im still working on the details. Small time and everything but we could be featured in the broshures (sp?). Get some attention. For a name I was thinking badnewsbalts....but dont want the other 6 cities to feel left out...hehe. Also I contacted a guy with cobalt-addiction about sponsorship if we do get a group together and he said he would be more than willing to help us out but that their sponsorships are full for the year. he said that as long as we advertise for them though he would hook us up. Still want a full blown sponsorship though.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:29 AM

1. Nightrider, that would be great to get an intro to the program before I buy it.
2. Girl, you are f***in awesome! Then this saturday we can choose a name, and once we have that we can get the gorup together, maybe do a group buy for some vinyls with the name. That show sounds like fun, and the sponsorship would be killer as hell. Looks like things are goin really well. I had a few ideas that I was playing around with:

Why just an ecotec group? I have a few friends runnin some nice cars who would want to join. One is an Eagle Talon running around 250hp on stock boost, and the other is a new Honda Civic Ex. I drove that car the day he got it to teach him manual. Not bad, for a honda. Took it to 117... his eyes about popped out of his head
A few names:
- 7 City Demons (i figured why not try and include the others )
- Ecotec Terrors
- Bad News 'Balts I thought was pretty interesting

Would a liscence plate saying CVCEATR be a little too much, or should I stick with changing it to PNTHRRR (because I also want a panther vinyl creeping down the side)

There are several upcoming auto shows after january that I wanted to try and get into, like the NOPI and HIN shows in NC (closest in distance).
- NOPI should be early next june/july, it's in Rockingham
- HIN is in Charlotte sometime in May.
- Can't find anything on other, closer auto shows.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:30 AM

I saw the blue balt last night. i was working late in Norfolk on friday night.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:43 AM

Thumbs up Updated!!!!!!

1. Nightrider, that would be great to get an intro to the program before I buy it.
2. Girl, you are f***in awesome! Then this saturday we can choose a name, and once we have that we can get the gorup together, maybe do a group buy for some vinyls with the name. That show sounds like fun, and the sponsorship would be killer as hell. Looks like things are goin really well. I had a few ideas that I was playing around with:

Why just an ecotec group? I have a few friends runnin some nice cars who would want to join. One is an Eagle Talon running around 250hp on stock boost, and the other is a new Honda Civic Ex. I drove that car the day he got it to teach him manual. Not bad, for a honda. Took it to 117... his eyes about popped out of his head
A few names:
- 7 City Demons (i figured why not try and include the others )
- Ecotec Terrors
- Bad News 'Balts I thought was pretty interesting

Would a liscence plate saying CVCEATR be a little too much, or should I stick with changing it to PNTHRRR (because I also want a panther vinyl creeping down the side)

There are several upcoming auto shows after january that I wanted to try and get into, like the NOPI and HIN shows in NC (closest in distance).
- NOPI should be early next june/july, it's in Rockingham
- HIN is in Charlotte sometime in May.
- Can't find anything on other, closer auto shows.
The car show at Warwick High School in Newport News is on Nov. 5th. Thats a Sunday. Registration is at 9. The show is from 11-4. Its a $25 entry fee. You can look up info on this show at www.warwickraiderband.com. Its for a good cause...hehe..and it will be fun. If we can donate $50 we can get advertising on the back of shirts....was thinking about getting in touch with the c/a guy again to see if we can use their logo. Also we need to think of a name ASAP so we can place it on the reg. forms!!!! If you are interested in going let me konw. We def need to get together to talk this thing out.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:07 PM

Like I said in the other thread, hit me up if it's urgent to decide a name. 757-650-2839. that goes for anybody willing to join with the group. I want to keep a list of definite members so we know who to contact for car shows and race nights n such. Even if they don't race, it's still fun and shows we have team rep. which is especially good if we want to try and get sponsored. If we have serious people, this might actually go someplace since I have always wanted to go professional racing and contests with a car.

edit: I like that high school show idea. It would be for a good cause too. Had a friend or two who went there.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:18 PM

Im down bitches lol
Old 10-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Doc

having fun yet..??

anyway, I've been busy as hell lately at work. That with trying to pack my stuff up to move. I don't see half of what goes on here anymore.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:58 PM

We'll be having plenty of fun this saturday! cobalt gang bang, all we need is a crane to put one on top of the other and all sorts of other.... positions..... wait.. i mean.. um... never! I meant do lunch
Old 10-03-2006, 09:04 PM

Nightrider, do you know how to use HPTuners? I'm curious cuz I really want to get it, but I want advice on how to use it, considering I'm still learning about the computer tuning.
you need to talk to Doc. like i ve said before. he's the man when it comes to our cobalts-including hptuner's tuning
Old 10-03-2006, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Doc
having fun yet..??

anyway, I've been busy as hell lately at work. That with trying to pack my stuff up to move. I don't see half of what goes on here anymore.
hey doc, wheres kritter( chris ) at? i havent seen him at all on here. might have seen him on aol but thats briefly. he didnt get one of those girlfriends did?
Old 10-03-2006, 09:08 PM

i know, i've spoken to him about it. I need to get money first. I was fired monday night because of some stupid ass BS. now I want to get a job at some sort of auto place around here

Quick Reply: Ideas for Va Beach and Tidewater region Cobalts