General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Detroit Auto Show COBALT SS

Old 01-15-2005, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Detroit Auto Show COBALT SS

Hey guys and gals went up to the auto show today and they had about 5 cobalts on display 2 sedans once coupe (LS) and two SS models s/c. We got to sit in one......damn is all I can say, can't wait for it to hit the streets one thing i noticed though is that there is no armrest center console in the SS only in the regular coupe and sedans it had it. who knows the lady said it could have it once GM makes up their mind. also the one SS model had the rerco (spelling) seats in it they felt kind of cheap and makes the rest of the car look funny since the back seats are the leather. Didnt see any heated seat buttons and the pedals where the normal black.

Everything else in the car looked great nothing felt cheap other than those rearco seats, well good luck and hopefully all you get a chance to go see it in person up in detroit or any other auto show!!!

I'll post pics once i get them on my computer

Old 01-15-2005, 08:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mcz34man
Hey guys and gals went up to the auto show today and they had about 5 cobalts on display 2 sedans once coupe (LS) and two SS models s/c. We got to sit in one......damn is all I can say, can't wait for it to hit the streets one thing i noticed though is that there is no armrest center console in the SS only in the regular coupe and sedans it had it. who knows the lady said it could have it once GM makes up their mind. also the one SS model had the rerco (spelling) seats in it they felt kind of cheap and makes the rest of the car look funny since the back seats are the leather. Didnt see any heated seat buttons and the pedals where the normal black.

Everything else in the car looked great nothing felt cheap other than those rearco seats, well good luck and hopefully all you get a chance to go see it in person up in detroit or any other auto show!!!

I'll post pics once i get them on my computer
Cheap recaros?
thats kinda an oxymoron, lol

shhhh, dont tell the Ion RL guys they have the same seats.....
Old 01-16-2005, 04:20 AM

u mean fugly or cheesy
Old 01-16-2005, 08:58 AM

both!!
Old 01-16-2005, 03:12 PM

they were comfortable though

were you able to locate the trunk release? cause i wasnt, and i couldnt find a passthrough lever on the drivers side
Old 01-16-2005, 05:43 PM

the trunk release is inside the little storage compartment to the left of the column, on the lower dash panel...
Old 01-16-2005, 08:03 PM
mtm

i sat in the one with recaro seats and i agree that they arnt as good as leather but they are comfortable.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:08 PM

then cant tehy just give us the lsd as a stand-alone option? I really dont like the recaros
P.S. I think it should be fedral law that all fwd cars meeting or exceeding 200 hp come standard with an lsd.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:35 PM
mtm

i was talking to the guy at the show and he said the recaro seats might be a dealership option. but the leather is standard
Old 01-16-2005, 09:52 PM

awaiting impatiantly for pictures, and yes LSD without recaros are the way to go, we should all call and bug GM about it
Old 01-17-2005, 09:42 AM

Exclamation

i'm trying to put the pictures on imageshack but they are to big and wont load, any other suggestions?
Old 01-17-2005, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by mcz34man
i'm trying to put the pictures on imageshack but they are to big and wont load, any other suggestions?
Try resizing them.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:18 PM

Want to post my pics

Hi all,
I was just at the show yesterday and took a lot of picutres of both Cobalt SS' at the show. However I haven't been able to figure out how to post them. Please help.

Also at the show I chatted with a plant manager who works at the Cobalt plant here in Ohio. He said that soon after the Cobalt comes out there WILL be tuner upgrades for the cars consisting of cat back, ground effects, and much more. He mentioned the different levels of upgrades (package 1,2,3). He said they start the SS in February and currently he said they produce one coup out of every ten sedans; which I thought was kinda interesting.
If you go to the show, look for the people dressed in blue at the GM Experience. They are the plant workers who, most of the time, know what they're talking about.

Tom
Old 01-17-2005, 06:59 PM

Level 1,2, and 3 huh. Maybe level 3 will be or close to the 270 ???? You know providing these packages as an addon by the dealer would be stupid, why pay for something and then rip it out? I would much rather have it installed at the plant so it would be cheaper to do. Anyway you look at it I cant wait. give me the level 3 with a side of horse power
Old 01-17-2005, 11:01 PM
Site Founder

You took really good pics. Good job!
Old 01-17-2005, 11:30 PM

Great Pics, no one has supplied close ups yet, thanks
Old 01-18-2005, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by 06RedSS
Hi all,
I was just at the show yesterday and took a lot of picutres of both Cobalt SS' at the show. However I haven't been able to figure out how to post them. Please help.

Also at the show I chatted with a plant manager who works at the Cobalt plant here in Ohio. He said that soon after the Cobalt comes out there WILL be tuner upgrades for the cars consisting of cat back, ground effects, and much more. He mentioned the different levels of upgrades (package 1,2,3). He said they start the SS in February and currently he said they produce one coup out of every ten sedans; which I thought was kinda interesting.
If you go to the show, look for the people dressed in blue at the GM Experience. They are the plant workers who, most of the time, know what they're talking about.

Tom
If you want to email them to me (keith at zefhix dot com), I'll host them for everyone...
Old 01-18-2005, 10:34 AM

Cobalt SS

We're not scheduled to get an SS until late (very late) February. There will be a tremendous amount of GM "aftermarket" accessories, and the good news is that if it's GM Certified it won't void your warranty. I'm not sure about "Stage 1, 2 & 3" but there will be just as much for it as would be the SRT or GLI. Typically speaking Stage #'s refer to Turbos, and that is a very distinct yet as of yet unreleased option for the Cobalt SS.

What is available in showrooms now (mechanically speaking) are the following:
16" Cast Chrome Wheels
Chrome Grille
Interior Trim Kits
Low Rise Spoiler
High Rise Spoiler (Same as SS)

and scheduled for next month:
18" Forged Polished Wheels
(and my personal fave) Ecotec (2.2) Supercharger

That's not bad considering most of these are for vehicle that have only been here for 30 days or less.

Villain

P.S. The Recaro seats were put in for the commercial, they didn't have the correct seats finished yet. If you looked at the red SS, it's the same exact vehicle that was in the commercials with the Corvette. As of last month it was the only red SS made so far.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by BlueVillain
We're not scheduled to get an SS until late (very late) February. There will be a tremendous amount of GM "aftermarket" accessories, and the good news is that if it's GM Certified it won't void your warranty. I'm not sure about "Stage 1, 2 & 3" but there will be just as much for it as would be the SRT or GLI. Typically speaking Stage #'s refer to Turbos, and that is a very distinct yet as of yet unreleased option for the Cobalt SS.

What is available in showrooms now (mechanically speaking) are the following:
16" Cast Chrome Wheels
Chrome Grille
Interior Trim Kits
Low Rise Spoiler
High Rise Spoiler (Same as SS)

and scheduled for next month:
18" Forged Polished Wheels
(and my personal fave) Ecotec (2.2) Supercharger

That's not bad considering most of these are for vehicle that have only been here for 30 days or less.

Villain

P.S. The Recaro seats were put in for the commercial, they didn't have the correct seats finished yet. If you looked at the red SS, it's the same exact vehicle that was in the commercials with the Corvette. As of last month it was the only red SS made so far.
villian, that ecotec s/c kit has been talked about for over a yr, are they actually releasing it this time, it was pushed back so many times cant count!
Old 01-18-2005, 11:51 AM
mtm

the guy at the show said six weeks for the s/c
Old 01-18-2005, 10:05 PM

sweet, can't wait to see them out and about on the streets.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:39 AM

They had 2 at the LA Auto show last week. One had the Recaro's, same as in my car, the other had these 2 tone leather seats... After sitting in both, I can only warn you now to get the Recaro's.. the leather ones are flat and uncomfortable, while the Recaro's have more cushion and curve up on the sides to hug your ass while you're going around tight curves

I've had mine since 9/1, and love the seats.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:23 AM

Alright went to the auto show on 1/16/2005 and here are 20 of the pics I took. These are the best lookin ones. Sorry abouth the half turned steering wheel. The idiot that parked the car did that. Enjoy!!!!
Tom

Old 01-21-2005, 03:41 AM
Premium Member

I'm starting to hate those wheels less.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:23 PM

i'm actually growing partial to those rims. i'm liking them more and more.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Detroit Auto Show COBALT SS