Pictures & Videos Your pictures, photoshops, and videos.

So a lot of you have been wondering where my LT went..(no 56k)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down So a lot of you have been wondering where my LT went..(no 56k)

It was gone on 22nd August of 2007, and I'll never ever forget that day.

it was around 1:55AM, I was driving home from Mcdonalds. I had my sunroof opened and was enjoying my drive home. I was approaching this intersection (3 blocks away from home) that was heavily under construction. The light turned green from red when I was about 8 car lengths away so I was happy and thought I was almost home.

Due to construction, there were fences and banners on my right side all the way till the intersection. When I was entering the intersection, at the corner of my eye I saw a car charged at me from my right. I didnt even have time to process the phrase "oh crap!" in my head and i was t-boned and thrown into the oncoming lane (almost hit the sidewalk but stopped by construction cones). Air bags, hazards, horn all turned on and smoke was everywhere. The impact force was so hard that I opened that door, got out and couldnt stand up at all. I crawled to the sidewalk and called 911. The car that hit me was a civic.

luckily i only got scratches from window pieces, no broken bones. I felt really lucky. Later on I gave my statements to the police. I remember I was driving around 55km/h (i even looked before entering the intersection) and also I had a green light. Although they never told me how fast the civic was going when it hit me but I know it wasnt slow at all. Since for one my sunroof was opened so before the impact i heard very loud wind rush from the civic, secondly I didnt hear any braking (it happened so fast), and thirdly the street that the civic was on was slopping downwards. Anyway, although I was relatively unharmed, I was very shaken up at that moment (my body just cant stop shaking).

The driver of the civic was a 31 year old woman. A few days later I got a call from the insurance company saying that the civic driver's statement and my statement don't match (it means she claimed that i ran the red light!). I was very frustrated but no matter how hard I tried i couldnt prove that she ran the red light due to lack of witness at 2 in the morning. So as a result, the claim became 50/50 at fault so my insurance will skyrocket because of this lady running the light and not admitting to it .....

life really sucks sometimes but there's nothing i can do about it...

anyway here are some pictures:

(dont worry, thats cola on the seats not blood =P)

Notice the dash was torn apart

The pictures dont really show, but it looks unbelievably dented in real life...

The gap from the driver's side shows how the body was bent

It sucks that sometimes these things happen even though it's not your fault at all.

I now truly understand why my dad told me driving safe doesn't mean accident free, but still, drive safe out there everyone!

LONG STORY SHORT: Lady run the red light and t-boned me at 2am, there was no witness and she lied and said she had the green. the outcome was 50/50 at fault...

Last edited by PenguinPIE; 06-19-2008 at 03:39 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:05 AM

my god dude, but all the wreck pics ive seen and only scratches and bruises i hear about make me feel safe in my car. Glad your ok and have the white one now.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:08 AM

dude thats fucked up.. i cant believe how someone could do that and not take responsiblity for it after somethin so horrible when they know its their fault.. i would try takin it to court or somethin.. theres just no way i would want that lady to get away with it.. but good luck with everything

and that new white one looks tight

Last edited by blk ss/sc 1; 03-01-2008 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-01-2008, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by 06BrandonSS
my god dude, but all the wreck pics ive seen and only scratches and bruises i hear about make me feel safe in my car. Glad your ok and have the white one now.
thanks, lucky there was no passenger tho

Originally Posted by blk ss/sc 1
dude thats fucked up.. i cant believe how someone could do that and not take responsiblity for it after somethin so horrible when they know its their fault.. i would try takin it to court or somethin.. theres just no way i would want that lady to get away with it.. but good luck with everything

and that new white one looks tight
thanks man. my lawyer told me its not worth going to the court coz it will cost a lot more in the end (also there were no evidence at all, no witness, no camera)...

Last edited by PenguinPIE; 03-01-2008 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-01-2008, 02:13 AM

Man! Good to see you are ok! I can't stand liars! Makes me want to hunt her down and cut out her tounge! Seriously, those type of people really **** me off.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:14 AM

It Will Not Be Forgotten
Old 03-01-2008, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by 06' SS2SS
Man! Good to see you are ok! I can't stand liars! Makes me want to hunt her down and cut out her tounge! Seriously, those type of people really **** me off.
x2! one of my biggest pet peeves
Old 03-01-2008, 02:26 AM

yea i couldnt believe it too! i thought people wouldnt dare to lie about something this big, esp for a 31 year old...
Old 03-01-2008, 09:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PenguinPIE
The driver of the civic was a 31 year old woman. A few days later I got a call from the insurance company saying that the civic driver's statement and my statement don't match (it means she claimed that i ran the red light!). I was very frustrated but no matter how hard I tried i couldnt prove that she ran the red light due to lack of witness at 2 in the morning. So as a result, the claim became 50/50 at fault so my insurance will skyrocket because of this lady running the light and not admitting to it .....

I now truly understand why my dad told me driving safe doesn't mean accident free, but still, drive safe out there everyone!
That SUCKS, especially that the piece of **** lied. May she have a lifetime of herpes and rot in hell. Nothing worse than someone who lies to hide their own mistakes, especially when they screw an innocent person over. Makes me want to drive with a video camera in my car at all times. Too bad they didn't have red light cameras, they may or may not have got her car, but they would have gotten her slamming into the side of you. Try and lie then, bitch. GRRRRRR.

Your dad's right. I know I'm a lot more aware when I drive now than I was when I was younger. Hell I've been driving at the wee hours of the morning and if there's no traffic, I'll slow to a crawl even at a green light just to make sure. Hell some stupid woman blew the light at my work on Tuesday and almost hit 5 or 6 high school kids crossing the street.

Ditto.

Originally Posted by PenguinPIE
yea i couldnt believe it too! i thought people wouldnt dare to lie about something this big, esp for a 31 year old...
There's no age limit on being scum. I got hit by a woman about the same age back in October and she did the same thing. We were sitting at a light stopped, her "foot slipped" and she slammed into the back of me, then tried to say that my car "drifted" into hers. Yes, I have a manual.....but that would be one hell of a feat to drift a manual BACKWARDS when you're on a DOWNHILL slope......
Old 03-01-2008, 10:29 AM

Try and contact the D.O.T. and see if they had any cameras near by or know the programming of the light. If you can pin point when you got hit with their records that could help. May be a long shot, but could work.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Stouffer
Try and contact the D.O.T. and see if they had any cameras near by or know the programming of the light. If you can pin point when you got hit with their records that could help. May be a long shot, but could work.
since it was under construction, the lights are running under the simplest setting, timer. me and my brother tried contacting the city for that but they said they had no record for the intersection. but thanks for ur input anyway
Old 03-01-2008, 03:51 PM

at least your alright dude
i remember after myaccedent i could NOT stop shaking
Old 03-01-2008, 03:51 PM

Received 168 Likes on 130 Posts
well suck that you got but its good for you to be ok.... whats going on with the car now?
Old 03-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Banned

I had the same car, I never got into an accident with it but it was good to know it held up it's own. I had a chick do the same thing but she got the ticket. Was on private propery (school) many years back, she was skipping thru empty parking spots and hit a sheet of ice while I was stationary waiting to turn and bam! she hit me. she said "she didn't see me". uh, you were skipping parking spots, hit ice and there was a ROW OF ******* TRAFFIC behind me, how the hell did you not see me?
Old 03-01-2008, 03:56 PM

bitch would be dead if that had happened to me she was probably drunk or something. I am so pissed off for you lol. that sucks really bad. I would have confronted her though.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:58 PM

Good to hear that your ok....sorry about the car!
Old 03-01-2008, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by pimpnwink
bitch would be dead if that had happened to me she was probably drunk or something. I am so pissed off for you lol. that sucks really bad. I would have confronted her though.
I would be the same way.... to me, the bitch tried to kill you, yes I know she probably didn't mean too, but .... running a redlight and T-boning someone, what else did they expect, I'd go crazy and probably get thrown in jail for what I'd do.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Banned

Non Black Interior = Yuck
Old 03-01-2008, 04:46 PM

i never forget that day either its my b/day
Old 03-01-2008, 04:50 PM

stupid bitch tried to pull that "i had red light" bullshit on me too luckily i had witness's from both sides of the street...although wouldn't have mattered b/c she had a stop sign ..even if i did have a red which i didn't..she woulda had to stop for the stop sign which she didn't..too bad it was so late at night man
Old 03-04-2008, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmys2007CobaltSS/C
i never forget that day either its my b/day
haha it was my friend's bday too and i was hanging out with him that day, he was like thank god ur alive or else i wont be celebrating my bday for the rest of my life...

oh i had a service appointment for it at 8:30am that day that i cant make too...

Originally Posted by eurochevy
stupid bitch tried to pull that "i had red light" bullshit on me too luckily i had witness's from both sides of the street...although wouldn't have mattered b/c she had a stop sign ..even if i did have a red which i didn't..she woulda had to stop for the stop sign which she didn't..too bad it was so late at night man
yea its wonderful how ppl would blame someone else for mistakes that they make on their own that could kill someone.... sigh

lucky it was a stop sign in ur situation man

Last edited by PenguinPIE; 03-04-2008 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-04-2008, 02:55 AM

Damn
Old 03-04-2008, 03:06 AM

im glad youre ok. that is messed up.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:24 AM

the same exact thing happened to my mom. the guy lied and said he had the green light. speed limit was 35 on the road he was on. he tore the front half of my mom's caravan off and sent her spinning the opposite direction that she was going. And sent her to the hospital. There were no witnesses because it happened at 10 at night in a somewhat uncivilized area. So it ended up being a no fault.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:01 AM

no fault means exactly what it says -- your mom was not at fault. did you mean at fault?

this no witness thing and people lying is exactly why i stop when i witness an accident. i do it because i would want somebody to do it for me.

Quick Reply: So a lot of you have been wondering where my LT went..(no 56k)