Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just moved to Texarkana from Dallas. I now have a 2007 Cobalt ss
Mark Stockfisch
972-743-3587
Texarkana
Old 01-01-2008, 02:19 PM
RBC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I will be living in Wynne Arkansas for a few months. So don't know if there is anybody close or not. Its about 30min west of Memphis TN. I check this site every day, so if there is anything going on you can just pm me.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:14 PM

Possible Memphis Meet!

Alright here's the ideas I've come up with. We can shoot for a Meet on Saturday March 1st during the day. I will attempt to get us some parking availability nearby the pyramid. (which is a great photo op, and easy to find for those coming in to town). Saturday is generally a better day to do this meet taking into account EVERYBODY. Plus that means that once we finish our meet, Beale street is walking distance away for some after-meet co-mingling
OR
We can hold the Meet on 3/14/08. Which is a Friday evening. And that way once we finish our meet, (gasp) it's the first night of Midnight Madness at Memphis Motorsports Park (weather permitting) So any newborn rivalries can be settled later that night.
For those of you that don't know. Midnight Madness is open night for ANY car on the drag strip. $20 to race as much as you want, $10 to spectate. 10pm-2am. Helmets are required for 13sc cars. There are ALWAYS some heavy hitters there, so don't be surprised if you find yourself next to a older fastback Mustang running 9's. And there are a godawful number of bikes running 8's and 9's.
(Just a note. The midnight Madness is notorious for being cancelled for weather[anything more than a slight mist will shut it down] or for any other damn reason they feel like it. So That's not a guarantee.
OR
if we have enough interest in this meet (100+), We will push it off until sometime this summer. I will try and finagle Memphis to let us use a parking lot on the pyramid grounds. And we can open the meet up to let patients and families at St. Jude Children's research hospital come crawl all over your nice shiny rides. If we go this route, I will also open the meet up to ANY interested car forum or group. (I volunteer at the hospital, and they love any new ideas of activities for the kids.) I will also invite our supporting vendors and local business to sponsor the event. Pass out products, stickers, business cards, whatev. IF we have enough interest in this and people here are willing to help pull this together. Otherwise let's just stick with a cobalt only meet, and kick it on Beale afterwards.

You guys let me know. I've also posted this up in the OTHER Tennessee thread, and the Arkansas thread. (couldn't find a recent Mississippi one)

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/south-east-59/anybody-tn-14289/

If we get enough chatter about it, Please let me make the "official" Memphis meet thread, so I can easily keep tabs on the information flowing in and out of it.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:20 PM

what about us memphis people im close to ark.

im interested in memphis meet

Last edited by CobaltDude06; 01-09-2008 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-09-2008, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltDude06
what about us memphis people im close to ark.

im interested in memphis meet
you don't have to respond in all three threads.
This will be a Memphis meet. You're already here.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:21 PM
RBC

Originally Posted by monkeiboy
Alright here's the ideas I've come up with. We can shoot for a Meet on Saturday March 1st during the day. I will attempt to get us some parking availability nearby the pyramid. (which is a great photo op, and easy to find for those coming in to town). Saturday is generally a better day to do this meet taking into account EVERYBODY. Plus that means that once we finish our meet, Beale street is walking distance away for some after-meet co-mingling
OR
We can hold the Meet on 3/14/08. Which is a Friday evening. And that way once we finish our meet, (gasp) it's the first night of Midnight Madness at Memphis Motorsports Park (weather permitting) So any newborn rivalries can be settled later that night.
For those of you that don't know. Midnight Madness is open night for ANY car on the drag strip. $20 to race as much as you want, $10 to spectate. 10pm-2am. Helmets are required for 13sc cars. There are ALWAYS some heavy hitters there, so don't be surprised if you find yourself next to a older fastback Mustang running 9's. And there are a godawful number of bikes running 8's and 9's.
(Just a note. The midnight Madness is notorious for being cancelled for weather[anything more than a slight mist will shut it down] or for any other damn reason they feel like it. So That's not a guarantee.
OR
if we have enough interest in this meet (100+), We will push it off until sometime this summer. I will try and finagle Memphis to let us use a parking lot on the pyramid grounds. And we can open the meet up to let patients and families at St. Jude Children's research hospital come crawl all over your nice shiny rides. If we go this route, I will also open the meet up to ANY interested car forum or group. (I volunteer at the hospital, and they love any new ideas of activities for the kids.) I will also invite our supporting vendors and local business to sponsor the event. Pass out products, stickers, business cards, whatev. IF we have enough interest in this and people here are willing to help pull this together. Otherwise let's just stick with a cobalt only meet, and kick it on Beale afterwards.

You guys let me know. I've also posted this up in the OTHER Tennessee thread, and the Arkansas thread. (couldn't find a recent Mississippi one)

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14289

If we get enough chatter about it, Please let me make the "official" Memphis meet thread, so I can easily keep tabs on the information flowing in and out of it.

Sounds good to me. I am good with anything on Saturday, and anything after 5:30 on Fridays.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:28 PM

Just as an update. The Memphis meet is still in the works. I have spent the better part of this morning on the phone with first the Tennessee Bureau of Recreation and Tourism, who transferred me to the Memphis Chamber of Commerce, who transferred me to the city Council, who transferred me to the Mayor's Office, who transferred me to the Cook Convention Center, who finally told me they can't answer me just yet.

From all this I've determined that the pyramid is literally the largest game of "Hot potato" in existence. No one wants to claim enough ownership of it to tell me either yes or no.

But my last phone call was a resounding "maybe". Unfortunately as us local Memphians know, since the Pyramid was officially shut down, Bass Pro Shops has been bidding to reserve the ginormous empty building to set up shop in, and Memphis is resolutely holding out for something better. So until the issue is decided, No one can get permission to use any of the massive empty parking lots for any event.
On a side note, the private parking lots that used to border the pyramid have all been shut down, fenced in, and put up for sale. So those are out too.

I'm working on it guys. If I don't hear an answer soon, I'll see about getting some space on Mud Island, or possibly using a nearby Local Park. But we probably aren't going to make a March Meet happen with such short notice, so I'm shooting for April or May.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:36 PM

centerville opens this weekend 12-5 be there!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 12:37 PM

I would be down for something like this but I have no way of knowing if I will be off on that saturday until a few weeks before it comes around.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:49 PM

you know im there stu. oh and on a side note my mustang beat a sti with catback exhaust last night. im tempted to run the stang instead of the balt.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by black06ss
you know im there stu. oh and on a side note my mustang beat a sti with catback exhaust last night. im tempted to run the stang instead of the balt.
well you know ill drive either one haha. was it from a dig or a roll bro?
Old 02-05-2008, 07:44 PM
RBC

Originally Posted by monkeiboy
Just as an update. The Memphis meet is still in the works. I have spent the better part of this morning on the phone with first the Tennessee Bureau of Recreation and Tourism, who transferred me to the Memphis Chamber of Commerce, who transferred me to the city Council, who transferred me to the Mayor's Office, who transferred me to the Cook Convention Center, who finally told me they can't answer me just yet.

From all this I've determined that the pyramid is literally the largest game of "Hot potato" in existence. No one wants to claim enough ownership of it to tell me either yes or no.

But my last phone call was a resounding "maybe". Unfortunately as us local Memphians know, since the Pyramid was officially shut down, Bass Pro Shops has been bidding to reserve the ginormous empty building to set up shop in, and Memphis is resolutely holding out for something better. So until the issue is decided, No one can get permission to use any of the massive empty parking lots for any event.
On a side note, the private parking lots that used to border the pyramid have all been shut down, fenced in, and put up for sale. So those are out too.

I'm working on it guys. If I don't hear an answer soon, I'll see about getting some space on Mud Island, or possibly using a nearby Local Park. But we probably aren't going to make a March Meet happen with such short notice, so I'm shooting for April or May.
I hope something turns up. It looks like I will still be here in Wynne, AR so I will go. No matter where or when we should all go to Rendezvous Barbecue in Memphis. It is big and the ribs are some of the best I have ever had!
Old 02-06-2008, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
well you know ill drive either one haha. was it from a dig or a roll bro?
a dig bro he needs to work on his launch but by the 1/4 mark i had him by about a car or so.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by black06ss
a dig bro he needs to work on his launch but by the 1/4 mark i had him by about a car or so.
oh yeah, they are "easy" to launch, but if you are a ******* you can completely kill a launch in one
Old 02-08-2008, 04:58 PM

you can send me pm but im like everyone else aint puttin my number on here......didnt think there was anyone even on here from the best damn state ever
Old 02-08-2008, 05:02 PM

^^^ AR the best state ever????
Old 02-08-2008, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
^^^ AR the best state ever????
woooo....I can't even JOKE about how that's true.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:38 PM

i can say that im in ohio for school this state sux ready to come back
Old 02-08-2008, 05:40 PM

where at in Ar are you?
Old 02-08-2008, 05:55 PM

mayflower...little damn town
Old 02-08-2008, 06:04 PM

im in conway man! you are on my way to the liquor store haha
Old 02-08-2008, 06:44 PM

hell yea im 5 minutes from there
Old 02-08-2008, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by southernbalt
hell yea im 5 minutes from there
what kinda balt do you have
Old 02-08-2008, 07:16 PM

its ss s/c....victory red....what is yours?
Old 02-08-2008, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by southernbalt
its ss s/c....victory red....what is yours?
black ss/sc. when will you be back in ar

Quick Reply: Arkansas phone roster