South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 02:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Home Depot - Fairfield6405 Flintridge Drive, Fairfield, Alabama 35064 starts @ 9:00 p.m. cruise @10:00 to 10:30. then what ever happens in mexico stays in mexico lol.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:22 AM

YOU MAY BE A TRUE ALABAMAIAN IF....
1. You can properly pronounce Andalusia, Boaz,
Centreville, Eufaula, Fyffe, Montevallo, Opelika,
Sardis, Sylacauga, Talladega, Tallassee,
Tuscaloosa, Tuscumbia, Wedowee, or Wetumpka
2. You think people who complain about the heat in
their states are sissies.
3. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go out
in the yard and look for a funnel cloud.
4. You know that the true value of a parking space
is not
determined by the distance to the door, but by the
availability of shade.
5. Stores don't have bags or shopping carts, they
have sacks and buggys.
6. You've seen people wear bib overalls at funerals.
7. You think everyone from a bigger city has an
accent.
8. You measure distance in minutes.
9. You go to the lake because you think it is like
going to the ocean.
10. You listen to the weather forecast before
picking out an outfit.
11. You know cowpies are not made of beef.
12. Someone you know has used a football schedule
to plan their wedding date.
13. You have known someone who has a belt buckle
bigger than your fist.
14. You aren't surprised to find movie rental,
ammunition, and bait all in the same store.
15. A Mercedes Benz isn't a status symbol. A Chevy
Silverado Extended Bed Crew Cab is.
16. You know everything goes better with Ranch
Dressing.
17. You learned how to shoot a gun before you
learned how to multiply.
18. You actually get these jokes and are "fixin' " to
send them to your friends.
19. You have used your heater and air-conditioner
on the same day.
Finally:
You are 100% Alabamaian if you have ever had this
conversation:
20. "Wanna coke?" "Yeah." "What kind?" "RC"
Old 10-13-2013, 04:12 PM

Im from boaz..black 05
Old 01-02-2014, 12:51 PM

Hey Bama guys, another member and I are looking to do a seat swap and we're going to do it in Montgomery. Any ideas on a good place to meet up to do the swap?
Old 02-09-2014, 03:45 PM

Not really but if you need help I have a **** ton of tools including electric impacts.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:51 AM

If anyone local is interested in an '08 LNF ECU and some factory 18" LNF black powdercoated rims, PM me. Need to get rid of this stuff.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:59 PM

How many of you alabama folks still got slowbalts?

Last edited by thahof; 07-23-2015 at 03:04 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-24-2015, 09:24 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
i do. i never really caught on to this thread though.

i think fb is killing forums. ill never convert though. lol

Last edited by southal cobalt; 07-24-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by southal cobalt
i do. i never really caught on to this thread though.

i think fb is killing forums. ill never convert though. lol
Sweet man yeah I never knew about a fb page. Im just looking for people to hang out/work on cars that know more about the lsj than I do. yall do any car meets? We have one every Saturday called cars and coffee. We also have asphalt hero meets in which we drag/have shows or cruises. ever heard of them?
Old 07-25-2015, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by thahof
Sweet man yeah I never knew about a fb page. Im just looking for people to hang out/work on cars that know more about the lsj than I do. yall do any car meets? We have one every Saturday called cars and coffee. We also have asphalt hero meets in which we drag/have shows or cruises. ever heard of them?
No I haven't. And to be honest, I may go to about a meet every 2 years or so. I usually have too much going on. But I know of a meet in mobile that they do on Fridays and Saturdays. It's in the academy parking lot off of airport blvd. it's usually late though, like 10-1030. I'm typically in bed by then.

When I first got my cobalt back in 08, I would go to a meet out in Pensacola at the bay front. If your interested in that, I can give the actual address where they meet up on saturdays at 9 or so.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:58 PM

No I haven't. And to be honest, I may go to about a meet every 2 years or so. I usually have too much going on. But I know of a meet in mobile that they do on Fridays and Saturdays. It's in the academy parking lot off of airport blvd. it's usually late though, like 10-1030. I'm typically in bed by then.

When I first got my cobalt back in 08, I would go to a meet out in Pensacola at the bay front. If your interested in that, I can give the actual address where they meet up on saturdays at 9 or so.
Honestly that would be waayyy to far for me to drive haha as im in Birmingham. Mobile isn't too bad but that late it is haha
Old 07-25-2015, 05:21 PM

i hear ya man. pensacola is really only an hour from mobile, but i wouldnt make the drive to make it to either for a meet from bham. theyre usually pretty dull and cobalts get little respect down here even still.

there isnt much that goes on in mobile unfortunately. i dont know any cobalt ss owners that are really into their cars down here. i guess im a bit of a rairity for actually liking my car enough to want to keep it for 8+ years.

but yeah, if you ever need any help with your lsj, give me a shout. ive done all the work for my car in the last few years from stage kits to replacing clutches. i tune mine with hpt too, but dont have any experience with anything other than stage kits at this point. pretty soon ill be installing a ported head which im hoping will really be a nice power increase
Old 07-26-2015, 03:57 PM

i hear ya man. pensacola is really only an hour from mobile, but i wouldnt make the drive to make it to either for a meet from bham. theyre usually pretty dull and cobalts get little respect down here even still.

there isnt much that goes on in mobile unfortunately. i dont know any cobalt ss owners that are really into their cars down here. i guess im a bit of a rairity for actually liking my car enough to want to keep it for 8+ years.

but yeah, if you ever need any help with your lsj, give me a shout. ive done all the work for my car in the last few years from stage kits to replacing clutches. i tune mine with hpt too, but dont have any experience with anything other than stage kits at this point. pretty soon ill be installing a ported head which im hoping will really be a nice power increase
Hell yeah man! soon as tax season gets here I'm going to be getting prob a stage 3 and will need help with the dp endplate and tuning! but yeah man besides my pass window and MAF problem I love the car. that is after I said id never buy a chevy lol : its been a decent car to me though
Old 07-27-2015, 10:17 AM

i hear that man. i havent done cooling mods on my car only because i could not justify the cost. been on a 2.8" pulley and stock cooling for 3 years now or so. the way i saw it was that i could easily spend 500 bucks on all of the cooling mods and sustain a bit of power in the summer, or i could spend a bit more and get a bit of cooling and more power out of a ported head all the time.

not trying to talk you out of cooling mods. they have their place, i just wanted the cheapest power i could make. the low end torque of a smaller pulley is worth it to me. that 3k rpm to 6k is usually where i run my car hard anyways
Old 07-29-2015, 09:22 AM

i hear that man. i havent done cooling mods on my car only because i could not justify the cost. been on a 2.8" pulley and stock cooling for 3 years now or so. the way i saw it was that i could easily spend 500 bucks on all of the cooling mods and sustain a bit of power in the summer, or i could spend a bit more and get a bit of cooling and more power out of a ported head all the time.

not trying to talk you out of cooling mods. they have their place, i just wanted the cheapest power i could make. the low end torque of a smaller pulley is worth it to me. that 3k rpm to 6k is usually where i run my car hard anyways

Yeah idk man I run my car decently hard every day. And reliably for three years? that's insane!
Old 07-29-2015, 10:07 AM

the cooling mods arent really a safety measure to me. before the cobalt came out, guys were running the same supercharger kit on the 2.2 and 2.4 cavalier with absolutely no cooling at all. not even the water to air that we come stock with. intake temps of over 200 degrees with no adverse affects other than a big drop in power. as long as you dont see any knock and air to fuel ratio is in check, its good to go. the cooling is really just to help keep the incoming air density high to maintain peak power.

the highest ive seen my iats is 165 degrees in the summer on pulls to 120 mph. at the end of the day, its all about what you want. i feel comfortable running my setup, because i did the tuning. id probably want to be as safe as possible if i let someone else tune it
Old 07-29-2015, 03:08 PM

How much would you charge for some diag? my coolent temp gets up to like maybe 220 on a really hot day and I know my a/f ratio is off but cant figure it out! its making me mad! I had to holes in my fuel lines and got those replaced.. so the big problem is out but the CEL keeps coming back after a trip or two if I clear codes. they are MAF codes but its a brand new MAF maybe a week or two old.. any suggestions??
Old 07-29-2015, 03:25 PM

the cooling mods arent really a safety measure to me. before the cobalt came out, guys were running the same supercharger kit on the 2.2 and 2.4 cavalier with absolutely no cooling at all. not even the water to air that we come stock with. intake temps of over 200 degrees with no adverse affects other than a big drop in power. as long as you dont see any knock and air to fuel ratio is in check, its good to go. the cooling is really just to help keep the incoming air density high to maintain peak power.

the highest ive seen my iats is 165 degrees in the summer on pulls to 120 mph. at the end of the day, its all about what you want. i feel comfortable running my setup, because i did the tuning. id probably want to be as safe as possible if i let someone else tune it
Codes are as follows... p0101 p0103 p1101 p0172
Old 07-29-2015, 03:38 PM

And boost gauge is at like -22 psi at idle or if I let off the throttle
Old 07-29-2015, 03:45 PM

who put the maf in? is there a possibility that it was put in upside down? the opening in the maf should face the ground. just a quick observation. i would definitely check the wiring and make sure it didnt get pinched somewhere. also make sure that your filter is correctly seated, and the intake is hooked up all the way around.

and the coolant temps are a bit high, but normal. keep in mind that the intake air temps and coolant temps are 2 totally different things. normal engine coolant temps are 170 - 190 degrees. hot days while idling may see 220. turn your ac on full blast and the fans will kick in and keep cool the engine coolant temps a bit. but 220 isnt a bid deal by any means

and i dont charge anything. just try to help out where i can
Old 07-30-2015, 08:39 AM

Ill check my wiring after work. But Ill def pay gas money, food and beer if you come here and if I come there, food and beer haha
Old 07-30-2015, 08:42 AM

and the coolant temps are a bit high, but normal. keep in mind that the intake air temps and coolant temps are 2 totally different things. normal engine coolant temps are 170 - 190 degrees. hot days while idling may see 220. turn your ac on full blast and the fans will kick in and keep cool the engine coolant temps a bit. but 220 isnt a bid deal by any means

and i dont charge anything. just try to help out where i can
And also it does go down after that. I haven't been able to check iat's, just coolant temp on the cluster haha
Old 07-30-2015, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by thahof
Ill check my wiring after work. But Ill def pay gas money, food and beer if you come here and if I come there, food and beer haha
i hear ya man. but unfortunately i just started a job a couple months ago, so i cant get time off yet. i do have weekends off though and will help where i can
Old 07-31-2015, 08:45 AM

Hey man I can get off next Saturday if im not already if youre down? and there is a car show that night too!
Old 07-31-2015, 10:27 AM

im gonna be busy next weekend. got some family coming into town. but if youre still having an issue, i should be free most weekends after that.

any update on the maf issue?

Quick Reply: Alabama