Tuning For tuning and related discussions

2 step and NLS

Old 11-12-2014, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 step and NLS

Anybody do the n2mb wot box. And what are your thoughts or complaints about it. I've got one waiting for install. Just want to know what I'm looking forward to.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
it's an awesome little unit. i have it on my lsj. the install is a pita, luckily i had a professional help me out otherwise i don't think i would have been able to do it. whatever you do, use wire lume, tape and solidly splice and heatshrink all connections!

that said, the NLS and 2-step is adjustable and work great. A supercharged car 2stepping will turn everyones heads at the dragstrip lmao. I stopped NLSing because the way i drive, i get on the clutch while i'm getting off the gas (when just driving hard) and therefore i'f i'm not planning to NLS it will make the car buck, so i just keep that off unless i'm at the track.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:03 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by david_xe
Anybody do the n2mb wot box. And what are your thoughts or complaints about it. I've got one waiting for install. Just want to know what I'm looking forward to.
The n2mb wot box gives me 6psi to launch with around 5k which is all I think I will ever need. It's not like anti-lag where the firing order is changed and builds crazy boost. It just cuts ignition signal enough to create the load afaik. I think it's a neat unit and is reconfigurable with a laptop. I haven't tried the NLS yet, I mainly wanted it for launching. Great upgrade for the LSJ too.

IMO The best way to wire up the wot box to the ignition cut is to wire it under the specific ignition fuse on each side. It took me quite a while to find this specific fuse. I had to remove all the fuses to get an accurate continuity reading. Then wire an inline fuse on that circuit because you will be removing the ignition fuse from fuse box. This way you can completely eliminate the wot box from the circuit without hacking into the harness again. To disable the wot box ignition cut signal, all you would have to do is remove the inline fuse and plug in the fuse back into fuse box location to eliminate the wot box connection to the ignition.