Tuning For tuning and related discussions

Bad ZZP PCM, ZZP refusing to refund or fix

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 09:03 AM

Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts
ZZP hasn't disappointed me enough to lose my business, I have several mechanical parts from them. In general I appreciate all the Ecotec focused businesses investing into these small GM platforms. Now something about ZZP tuning that has me worried is someone over there may not be triple checking their work because this is what I saw inside a ZZP tune when helping someone with running issues:

Old 03-04-2017, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This whole situation has very little to do with the tune itself. Yes it was off, and it was clearly off.

This is more about the customer service. As you can see when I explain my issues the tuner claims it's my tune and I need their tune. Once I tell them I have their tune, he wipes his hands clean and blames the car.... which is ironic because one email before that it was that I had a bad tune.

This thread would of never never happened if any real solution was offered. Instead I was told there was nothing they can do because it's an issue with the car. I actually HAD to post this thread to even get any remote amount of customer service (from Steve, as you can see). Before this thread I kept getting, no refunds, it's your car not us.

Now, wouldn't it be smart that if I had someone with an HPTUNER to datalog the car I would do that, but even furthermore just end up tuning my own car?

None of this is free, I'm paying a friend of a friend 100 with that tuner. It's not fun to be coming out of pocket for an issue that you would of never had if you didn't buy the ZZP pcm. Like I said, the car ran perfect before just had a light for the header is all.

I know canned tunes well, I know they're not perfect, but one should not be throwing codes and not running correctly.

Either way,I am on my own tune now with no issues and I'm enjoying the car. Sucks that ZZP is losing over 1800$ in sales over the next 2 months alone over customer service, the cheapest thing they offer.

And your right, I have no idea why their still doing this either if no one is double checking their tunes. Seems like a really common issue.

On that bombshell, I see you all at the track.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Flow
This whole situation has very little to do with the tune itself. Yes it was off, and it was clearly off.

This is more about the customer service. As you can see when I explain my issues the tuner claims it's my tune and I need their tune. Once I tell them I have their tune, he wipes his hands clean and blames the car.... which is ironic because one email before that it was that I had a bad tune.

This thread would of never never happened if any real solution was offered. Instead I was told there was nothing they can do because it's an issue with the car. I actually HAD to post this thread to even get any remote amount of customer service (from Steve, as you can see). Before this thread I kept getting, no refunds, it's your car not us.

Now, wouldn't it be smart that if I had someone with an HPTUNER to datalog the car I would do that, but even furthermore just end up tuning my own car?

None of this is free, I'm paying a friend of a friend 100 with that tuner. It's not fun to be coming out of pocket for an issue that you would of never had if you didn't buy the ZZP pcm. Like I said, the car ran perfect before just had a light for the header is all.

I know canned tunes well, I know they're not perfect, but one should not be throwing codes and not running correctly.

Either way,I am on my own tune now with no issues and I'm enjoying the car. Sucks that ZZP is losing over 1800$ in sales over the next 2 months alone over customer service, the cheapest thing they offer.

And your right, I have no idea why their still doing this either if no one is double checking their tunes. Seems like a really common issue.

On that bombshell, I see you all at the track.
No I agree man.

On one hand I can understand they're probably inundated daily with questions upon umpteenth million questions a day. Top that with paid or paying customers who have issues with something and trying to help them out, while at the same time not just giving in... meaning sending out new parts, etc... Let's face it, they're a small business. I have no clue what ZZP brings in financially quarterly, or yearly, but they're a small business nonetheless. So... from that point of view, completely and 100% understand...

On the other hand, I'm right there with you. There needs to be a priority list, which, shouldn't be determined by someone having to come on here and put them on blast just to get some ownership in the issue! No Bueno! It's like come on man, first you tell me its black and now you're sayin its white.

Just to stop beatin a dead horse on all of this, I am glad that Steve did actually take his time to come on here (which unfortunately it took you to do this to get the proper response from them) and help you out. Any other place would've pissed all over you and laughed. So I'm pretty solid customer with them. And, ive made some pretty dumb mistakes that they've been patient with me on. So what I'm saying is don't rule them out completely, their heart is in the right place but their head is some place else.

Get out on the track man and start postin some numbers up on a new thread!