Tuning For tuning and related discussions

Installing the FIC6

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 09:32 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Talking Installing the FIC6

Hay everyone I installed an FIC6 on to my 06 Chevy cobalt LS 2.2 L61 a few months ago and figured I should post what I learned

First you will need a pin out of the L61’s computer I found this one on the ecotec forums

http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/sh....2L-ECU-Pinout

And here is how I have it connected

Ok first we will start with the 56 pin connector (the smaller one)
The only wire you will need from this connector is the power for the fic, so connect the power wire for the fic to the wire at pin number 28 wire colors PK/BK circuit number 1139 you will want to tap this wire

For the 73 pin connector (the larger one) I had the wires connected as follows
1) For injector number 1 look for pin number 10 wire color is TN circuit number 1744 you will want to cut this wire the wire coming from the ecu will go to the blue FIC wire labeled INJ 1 IN and the wire going to the number 1 injector will be connected to the blue FIC wire labeled INJ 1 OUT

2) For injector number 3 look for pin number 11 wire color is PK/BK circuit number 1746 you will want to cut this wire the wire coming from the ecu will go to the blue FIC wire labeled INJ 3 IN and the wire going to the number 3 injector will be connected to the blue FIC wire labeled INJ 3 OUT

3) For injector number 4 look for pin number 12 wire color is L-BU/BK circuit number 844 you will want to cut this wire the wire coming from the ecu will go to the blue FIC wire labeled INJ 4 IN and the wire going to the number 4 injector will be connected to the blue FIC wire labeled INJ 4 OUT

4) For injector number 2 look for pin number 13 wire color is L-GN/BK circuit number 1745 you will want to cut this wire the wire coming from the ecu will go to the blue FIC wire labeled INJ 2 IN and the wire going to the number 2 injector will be connected to the blue FIC wire labeled INJ 2 OUT
BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO MIX UP (INJ # IN) WITH (INJ # OUT)

5) Next up you need to tap the TPS for the fic you only need to tap this wire, pin number 36 wire color PU circuit number 486 this will connect to a White wire from the FIC labeled TPS+ Remember to only tap this wire

6) Next is the first oxygen sensor pin number 41 wire color PU/WH circuit number 3110 since our cars have narrow band sensors we need to install a resistor before the fic wire tap, the resistor is a 1/4W 1k ohm resistor a pack of 5 is $1 at radio shack. Cut the wire Sauder in the resistor to the sensor side of the cut Sauder the PINK fic wire labeled O21+ and the ecu wire to the other end of the resistor.

7) Next is the second oxygen sensor pin number 43 wire color PU/WH circuit number 1668 since our cars have narrow band sensors we need to install a resistor before the fic wire tap, the resistor is a 1/4W 1k ohm resistor a pack of 5 is $1 at radio shack. Cut the wire Sauder in the resistor to the sensor side of the cut Sauder the PINK fic wire labeled O22+ and the ecu wire to the other end of the resistor.

8) There is no point in using the MAF wire since the FIC6 cant process a frequency based signal so you can skip that

9) Next is the MAP sensor pin number 62 wire color is L-GN circuit number is 432 cut this wire, the ecu side connects to the Gray fic wire labeled ANALOG A OUT and the sensor side connects to the Gray fic wire labeled ANALOG A IN you will need to adjust the input setting on the fic to the “offset” setting in order for it to work right

10) Next it the first crank wire pin number 66 color YE circuit number 573 cut this wire the ecu side connects the Green FIC wire labeled CRK MAGO+ and the sensor side connects the Green FIC wire labeled CRK MAGI+

11) Next is the second crank wire pin number 67 wire color PU circuit number 574 cut this wire the ecu side connects to the Green FIC wire labeled CRK MAGO- and the sensor side connects the Green FIC wire labeled CRK MAGI-

12) (WARNING if you start your car and get VIOLENT misfire between 4500-5500rpm under load (while driving) you are getting signal noise in your wire, the FIC inputs are sensitive enough that they will pick up noise and send an extra cam pulse to the ECU. The solution is to install a 2k ohm resistor with one side connected to Crank MAGI(+) and the other side connected to Crank MAGI(-) If you baught a pack of 1k resistors from radioshack you can use 2 of the remaining 3 resisrors connect them in series like this (Crank MAGI+)---0=0-----0=0---(Crank MAGI-) to create 2k resistance

13) Next is the CAM wire pin number 70 wire color BN/WH circuit number 633 cut this wire the ecu side connects to the Yellow FIC wire labeled CAM1 HALO+ the sensor side connects to the Yellow FIC wire labeled CAM1 HALI+

14) Next is the grounding I found a few ways that worked but I suggest taping into the ECU’S ground so your sharing the same reference signal as the engine the ground wire is the big Black wire you all have been staring at while wiring everything else its pin number 73 wire color is BK/WH circuit number 451 you will want to connect all 3 of the fic’s grounds to this wire Black Fic wires labeled “PWR GND” “SIG GND” “PWR GND”

What you do with the wires such as “Analog B” “Logger Trigger input” “MAF” and “12V switched” is up to you
Hope this helped feel free to tell me if I missed anything, Install the FIC at your own risk I am not responsible if you break something lol
Old 06-02-2010, 02:51 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
So what do you guys think?
Old 10-14-2016, 02:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bumping this back up to check on how it's been running? Looking into a different tuning option for the l61
The following users liked this post:
06cobalt2.2 (01-17-2022)