Tuning For tuning and related discussions

LNF E69 ECU Documentation

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LNF E69 ECU Documentation

Humor me for a minute, does anyone have any documentation pertaining to the Bosch E69 ECU used in the LNFs? I'd like to take a crack at building an XML file so we can tune with Tactrix.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
your question is extremely vague, what are you looking for? the flashable HEX file? The assembly code? the C code? I am really interested in what you mean about the XML file and what this Tactrix is you speak of.
Short answer, no i can't help you, but you could probably find the stock tune HPTuner file somewhere.

Could you elaborate on what you think you can do with excel... with regards to an OBD2, torque model based, Bosch controller?
Old 04-29-2015, 04:11 PM
South Central *********

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
tactrix cable... isn't that what trifecta uses?
Old 04-29-2015, 04:22 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Originally Posted by JapEatr
tactrix cable... isn't that what trifecta uses?
Pretty sure it is.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The only way to get documentation of Bosch E69 ECU is at Chevrolet, They will help you from there.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:57 PM
South Central *********

not so much....
Old 04-29-2015, 05:11 PM

I googled that device, now i get it...

yeah......
What you're considering doing is theoretically achievable.
The fact that you're asking for that "documentation"... here... and from the way you ask for it, makes me believe that you do not own the skill set necessary to backwards engineer this.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by ForceFedDork
I googled that device, now i get it...

yeah......
What you're considering doing is theoretically achievable.
The fact that you're asking for that "documentation"... here... and from the way you ask for it, makes me believe that you do not own the skill set necessary to backwards engineer this.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.
I'm an engineer, but not of the computer persuasion. However, I certainly am up for learning, and the best place to start would be some documentation on the device I will be coding for. Thank you for your negative feedback though.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:26 AM

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
With being an engineer I feel like you can easily learn how to do it! Best of luck to you!
Old 04-30-2015, 12:56 AM
South Central *********

Check out hptuners forums
Old 04-30-2015, 09:02 AM

I am an engineer as well, electrical engineer. During my undergrad i was interested in coding, embedded systems particularly, so pretty much exactly what an ECM does. I have a bunch of evaluation modules, lost track of the number of compilers on my laptop, etc. I am also familiar with CAN, OBD2 diagnostics, how flashing a car works (vaguely), etc. I also have HPTuners, tuned my car, and poked around to see if i can figure out how HPTuners works.
What you are aiming to do, is what every engineer that is also a car enthusiast has tried to do already. option 1, the people that figured it out are keeping quiet, or 2: it is very difficult to figure out unless someone at GM/Bosch leaks you the necessary files or 3: (what i realized) for the time it takes to try and backwards engineer this stuff, it is cheaper to buy HPTuners and do what you are trying to do to begin with, tune the car.
You could get your panties in a bunch about my negative feedback, but what you missed is that i gave you your best starting point. Find the stock factory tune (your best bet is to find the HPTuners version of it), open up the tune in some text editor that can open it right, and you'll see HEX data that gets flashed in the controller (along with some header stuff that you'll have to figure out what's code and what's setup stuff).

Again, and don't get your panties in a bunch here, I actually mean it: "Good luck, let us know how it goes"

Last edited by ForceFedDork; 04-30-2015 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by ForceFedDork
I am an engineer as well, electrical engineer. During my undergrad i was interested in coding, embedded systems particularly, so pretty much exactly what an ECM does. I have a bunch of evaluation modules, lost track of the number of compilers on my laptop, etc. I am also familiar with CAN, OBD2 diagnostics, how flashing a car works (vaguely), etc. I also have HPTuners, tuned my car, and poked around to see if i can figure out how HPTuners works.
What you are aiming to do, is what every engineer that is also a car enthusiast has tried to do already. option 1, the people that figured it out are keeping quiet, or 2: it is very difficult to figure out unless someone at GM/Bosch leaks you the necessary files or 3: (what i realized) for the time it takes to try and backwards engineer this stuff, it is cheaper to buy HPTuners and do what you are trying to do to begin with, tune the car.
You could get your panties in a bunch about my negative feedback, but what you missed is that i gave you your best starting point. Find the stock factory tune (your best bet is to find the HPTuners version of it), open up the tune in some text editor that can open it right, and you'll see HEX data that gets flashed in the controller (along with some header stuff that you'll have to figure out what's code and what's setup stuff).

Again, and don't get your panties in a bunch here, I actually mean it: "Good luck, let us know how it goes"
Sorry but your post sounded awfully sarcastic. I know it will be a long shot but it will be a good learning opportunity for me.
Old 10-02-2021, 07:59 PM

Any updates on this?