Tuning For tuning and related discussions

tuning opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuning opinions

hey everyone, So ive just been thinking about a few things lately when it comes to getting a legit tune on my car. canned tune from ZZP isnt terrible but i still feel is if its not quite "there" i guess i could say.

My questions here and just looking for some opnions is would you guys think that buying HP tuners and finding someone on here would be the best route or taking the car to get a dyno tune? Dyno tune would cost me 600 bucks at Race Proven Motorsports where as HP tuners pro costs about what 600-650 or so?

seems like HP might be a better bet seeing as if i decide to tweak things or mod differently then i can have someone tune for it again but if i go with a dyno tune it may be more difficult if i ever decide to tweak anything down the road.

so, this is my current debate...lets see what people have to say.

side question....anyone on the east coast area ever worked with race proven motorsports before? i know they specialize in GM cars but never talked with anyone that took a cobalt there.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would get HP tuners. If you plan on always tweaking your car it would be worth it in the long run. You can always re sell the hp tuner if their is not a need for it anymore. You get some money back instead of being out of $600

Also getting tunes from people on here is the best route. They have fine tune the lsj and no the ins and out.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:19 PM

Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by Slow06
hey everyone, So ive just been thinking about a few things lately when it comes to getting a legit tune on my car. canned tune from ZZP isnt terrible but i still feel is if its not quite "there" i guess i could say.

My questions here and just looking for some opnions is would you guys think that buying HP tuners and finding someone on here would be the best route or taking the car to get a dyno tune? Dyno tune would cost me 600 bucks at Race Proven Motorsports where as HP tuners pro costs about what 600-650 or so?

seems like HP might be a better bet seeing as if i decide to tweak things or mod differently then i can have someone tune for it again but if i go with a dyno tune it may be more difficult if i ever decide to tweak anything down the road.

so, this is my current debate...lets see what people have to say.

side question....anyone on the east coast area ever worked with race proven motorsports before? i know they specialize in GM cars but never talked with anyone that took a cobalt there.
I've got some parts from RPM they specialize in Syclone and Typhones so 4.3L V6 stuff. If you need anything for a 262 V6 they are the place to go but LSJ? possibly I'd ask them it isn't their normal car they work on