War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

The Everybody Wants to Race Us Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 10:24 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Everybody Wants to Race Us Thread

Considering all the times that I run into challengers and fly by artists.

I figured I would start a thread where everyone can post their daily encounters with new cars, ricers, tuners, and even the occasional soccer mom.

In my several years owning the car, I have more of these than I can keep track of..

So im sure you all will have some daily battles as well.

Everyone always wants to race us, I have had guys in their 60's and in their 20's alike come up and challenge me.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:37 AM

A few of my encounters

(Accidentally sent thread before done. Oh well, im not going to edit it. So ill contribute the first post)

Eclipse v6 260hp vs LE5 in its current state
On my way back from zzp for my tune this guy in his 60's came up past me and did a fly by. I hate when people do the typical fly by. So I caught up to him doing near 100. I pulled up next to him and put it in third at about 70 after he slowed down.
I saw his car lurch so I went, we were dead even until I shifted at 95 to 4th. He then was steadily pulling ahead. What ended it was there was traffic in my lane. At the point where I hit the brake he had me by about 1.5 cars. He seemed pretty happy he barley beat a naturally aspirated I4 by a little more than a car and a half. Was a good way to break in the tune.

Same day as this some guy in a ram 3500 came up right on my ass while I was going 80 he swerved to the other lane to pass me and coal me. So I down shifted to third, not really much else to say. His truck may have 750lb ft of torque and 400ish hp by its heavy. I wasn't about to get coaled..
There are a lot more.. Im sure you guys have many as well. Post up!
Old 12-08-2015, 10:44 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Nice thread...

Over the weekend, I was out testing my new zzp ignition coils in the mexican country side, and a Saab turbo must have seen me go WOT. Next thing I noticed was the car riding up on me when I was already back to cruising speed. I took a better glance at the car in my mirror, saw the ghey blue driving lights, and remembered it was the same Saab I put a bus length or two on during a little highway run in back in the summer time. Decided to drive the speed limit the rest of the way until he veered off to another road.

Nothing is more annoying than a tailgater trying to get you to race. I'm not out to race you, because I pulled onto a highway quickly, or you saw me out running some tests on a baron country road.

Last edited by Staged07SS; 12-08-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:58 AM

Yesterday on my way up to go for a cross country MTB ride in Michigan. A dodge dart really wanted to race me. It was the gt 2.4, I am familiar with these cars and they are not quick from the factory. But it seems everyone who buys them thinks they are race cars because the are called "darts"..

So he goes to do a ricer fly by but I wasn't having it. I down shifted to third and he had a rolling start since he was doing a 85mph fly by.
So as I get to top of 3rd(95) I was already pulling on him. I went very high in fourth until traffic was in the way.

I left him 4+ car lengths behind judging by the mirror. So he continues to ride my ass, where we repeated this cycle two more times where as he gave up. I let him just go by me proving him wrong in what he was think would be the outcome. Those cars are $25,000

Also yesterday on my way back. There was this old riced out volkswagon. He merged on and kept going a little faster and then a little faster. So it was obvious what he wanted.

So I go to pull up next to him and he mashes the gas. I was still in fifth and was pulling on him lol. I was getting a good laugh out of this so I stayed with him to see if it could even break 100. So when we caught traffic he actually thought he was victorious hah. So I pulled up next to him at 75, banged down two gears and took off. Then he pulled out to follow and realized I was trolling him on the first run lmao. I hope he realized I was in fifth. his exhaust was raunchy and loud.

I swear my least favorite thing about my car is that everybody always wants to race..
I have so many more of these. But ill hold for now.

Post up your daily battles here! It could work out to be a fun thread the read in the future!
Old 12-08-2015, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Staged07SS
Nice thread...

Over the weekend, I was out testing my new zzp ignition coils in the mexican country side, and a Saab turbo must have seen me go WOT. Next thing I noticed was the car riding up on me when I was already back to cruising speed. I took a better glance at the car in my mirror, saw the ghey blue driving lights, and remembered it was the same Saab I put a bus length or two on during a little highway run in back in the summer time. Decided to drive the speed limit the rest of the way until he veered off to another road.

Nothing is more annoying than a tailgater trying to get you to race. I'm not out to race you, because I pulled onto a highway quickly, or you saw me out running some tests on a baron country road.
I swear everyone wants to race us.
It does get very annoying.. I just cant take them thinking how they are better when there are some ridiculously fast cobalts out there. That they have no idea about. "Mexican country side" I should have mentioned that as well . Thanks for contributing
Old 12-08-2015, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
I honestly do not get challenged nearly as much as i'd like! If anything, when the time comes that I am not going the opposite direction of a modded looking car, I will kinda pull up along side and see if they wanna play, which is never far as im concerned. lol

think it's cause people think I got an SS/TC with the wheels and think i have 380whp i got a hustle that isn't working well for myself haha.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:34 AM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
I had a srt8 charger doing rice flyby on me I would always end up catching up to him tho. To much traffic to do anything about it plus he was going thru lanes like no one's business
Old 12-08-2015, 12:00 PM

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
I mean I saw my friend in his evo and I pulled up next to him and he wanted to race. I beat him by 1.5 lengths and called it at 120 it was midnight on an open road. I stopped by his house afterwards and he told me my car runs good. He appreciated it so that was cool coming from an evo owner.

I instigated a race with a red turbo cobalt that I found in my area. We were pretty even until we hit 4th and I pulled a little bit, but he took the hit in the beginning, it was cool, he was tuned but had less mods. Haven't ran into him since then.

I have a guy in a GTI from school asking me to run it. He's waiting to lose pretty much lol.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:06 PM
Platinum Member

Hahaha nice i have a girl at work with a civic si trying to run me but we all know what's going to happen
Old 12-08-2015, 12:25 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Snail_SS
Hahaha nice i have a girl at work with a civic si trying to run me but we all know what's going to happen
Silly girl.... lol
Old 12-08-2015, 01:07 PM
Platinum Member

Lol that's what I said every time she sees me she's like let's race
Old 12-08-2015, 01:13 PM

I also had a new WRX trying to race me but every time he was trying to run I would just downshift and put train lengths on him. Before I did the last one on him he tailgated me so that's when I just went lol he never caught up. I'm sure he was butt hurt his subie lost to just a cobalt.
Old 12-08-2015, 01:24 PM

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Nice stories! I don't get the chance for much of these stories anymore since my work commute shrunk from around 20 miles one way to a silly 14 mile round trip

I'll share a few of my favs from a while ago when I was still basically stock with just header, downpipe and catback. I was heading to work and came to a light not paying attention to the car in the other lane till I pulled up next to him and saw he had a modded rsx, so knowing what was gonna happen as soon as the light turned green we both floored it, he pulled me about half a car, was a good run.

Also ran my friends Grand Prix when I had the same mods, we did a 40-120 roll and I got him by about a car the first time, after that we did a 60-120 and we were pretty much even, never knew them boats were that quick!

I also tried a srt-8 jeep, he ate me alive

Since I've had my tvs I've haven't ran across anyone
Old 12-08-2015, 01:47 PM
Slobodan Milošević

Received 215 Likes on 175 Posts
I used to get people trying to race me all the time when my car was bolt ons/na. Now that my car is decently quick, I dont see any cars around
Old 12-08-2015, 02:07 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 07blackg5
I used to get people trying to race me all the time when my car was bolt ons/na. Now that my car is decently quick, I dont see any cars around
I usually only have ricers & redic slow cars try and mess with me.

Very rarely do I ever get a real challenge.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:27 PM
Slobodan Milošević

now that I know I can pull on a ~120mph trap car, Im looking forward to running into people on the freeway. But it didn't happen this year haha
Old 12-08-2015, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
I live in Canada and I to do all my racing in Mexico lol I almost never get anyone who wants any, the odd civic or truck. 300c, or some other easily beat car. For the most part if someone is tooling around at a light or something and u rev it while ur driving slow so they hear the zfr spool, they stay a good 5 cars behind u suddenly and don't make any sudden movements. Anything worth racing either never does or to much traffic or they in town and that I try hard to stay away from.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:16 PM
Slobodan Milošević

I wish I had some zfr lnfs around. I'm curious if/how well i could hang
Old 12-08-2015, 04:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Let's just say I had more people try to race me when I had my base cobalt with a big hole in the exhaust right after the cat then I do now owning an lnf. And the base was 100% stock. Just painted the plastic hubcaps black and debadge. Lol
Old 12-08-2015, 07:43 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Finally got around to racing my buddy's fully bolted and tuned 16' STi. Actually pulled him harder than I did when he had his bolted and tuned 13'WRX.

Love me some E blend
Old 12-08-2015, 10:44 PM

A supposed "425tq twin turbo bmw" got pulled by me tonight. He tried multiple times thinking he might've had a bad start, pulled him 2.5-3 cars every time.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:46 PM
Slobodan Milošević

135 or 335?

I pulled on my buddies downpipe/tune 135 pretty good from a roll
Old 12-09-2015, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by 07blackg5
135 or 335?

I pulled on my buddies downpipe/tune 135 pretty good from a roll
Old 12-10-2015, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys are lucky, the only two races I care to talk about were a year apart from each other. Even those were a pain to get them to take the bait.

A couple of months ago I got into it with a 5th gen Camaro ss from a 40ish roll, it had at least an exhaust. As soon as we went he shot out to my front bumper, and I thought oh boy what did I get myself into. By the time I was in forth his front bumper was to my tail lights and beyond. He even did a flyby after it was all said and done....... ricers
Old 12-10-2015, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also when the perfect stretch of highway is in my grasps, a challenger always passes me going the other direction. One day I'll get the big three on my kill list

Quick Reply: The Everybody Wants to Race Us Thread