War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

The Everybody Wants to Race Us Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 04:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unfortunately for me, since owning my 09' SS sedan for about a year, not many people have tried to race me, probably because it looks like a base model with SS badges added... there's only been 3 real occasions that I've "raced". One time was a buddy of mine recently bought a 2013 civic si. He immediately put a CAI, cat back and tuned it after buying it. Of course I offered him a go whenever he wanted to. One night after we had a going away for a different buddy, we decided to test our cars. He also had his wife in the car. At the time, I had my KN intake, and ZZP catted DP but no tune. We start driving and we roll from about ~40, I believe I was in 2nd and go passed a light and as soon as we got to the intersection we took off! He started falling behind right from the get go, I look over at him ans his face was priceless as a chevy cobalt just smoked him. We line up again, and again, doesn't even come close. Later the next day he came up to me "you won't get me once I get my turbo put in!". I'm still waiting for him to get that turbo. Since this race I have gotten the ZZP canned tune.

2nd story takes place one day when I'm coming back from the DMV after my registration was all dicked up. Im driving casually as I see this newer model acura TLX (I figured it to be a 2013 model after googling) rushing throughout traffic, snaking through. I figured I'd have some fun and I decide to downshift and play cat and mouse with him. We get to a nice straight away with no traffic in front for a little bit and we line up, he rolls his window down and sticks out 3 fingers and proceeds to countdown. Im 3rd because I can't grip in 2nd anymore and he takes off half a second early (how do you **** that up when you're the one counting?) Gaining about half to a car length on me. Once the turbo kicked in, it didn't even seem fair, I begin to gain on him and I slow down. We do this 2 more times, and each time he sees my taillights. Felt pretty good. He turns off at the next light and we give eachother a thumbs up.

The third and last story is a relatively quick one "sprint" to getting into a single lane road after turning onto the road. Myself and a newer Camaro.
LT. Both of us are stopped in a left turning lane. The road we are turning onto goes from 2 lanes to 1 relatively quickly so it's very common to see people try to jump ahead of other people and this is exactly that. Im on the outside, this guy and his wife on the inside. Once the light turns green we both turn, but I was gonna go average speed. Once we get straight I hear his exhaust start to get louder.. "he's trying to get in front of me.. nope not today!" So I gun it, spinning tires in 2nd around 4k rpm and I'm gaining on him. I look over and I see his wife laughing at him, I'm assuming cause he just got beat by a little cobalt. The lane opens to 2 again and we get to another light a little bit later down the road and he doesn't even look at me. Anyways hoped to you guys liked my stories.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Being a 4 door, I don't get a whole lot other than the usual Civic and such, but I have had a couple of good ones. Had a D-bag in a 6.1L SRT Charger with some loud exhaust that got pulled all the way through 2nd when he tried to cut me off. He wasn't too pleased about that.

Had a Bugeye WRX that was worked over and gutted(speed holes cut in the back bumper and everything, lol) that was pretty quick. From a 60-70 roll he got the jump on me by about 1-1.5 cars, then I'd pass him by at around 120The look on his face when he got passed by a yellow 4 door Cobalt was pretty good.

Also put a bus or two on my friends 2.0T Kia Optima that he claimed was "pretty quick" and would at least keep up with me.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:44 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Pretty near every morning I have an rx8 and a puke green 5.0 try to race me in my daily base model. I won't pull and then the guy in the 5.0 will laugh and hammer on it.

Keep it the **** up I'll take the race car out in the salt and smack u both.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Canadia
Keep it the **** up I'll take the race car out in the salt and smack u both.
I agree, you should record it too and post the videos
Old 12-10-2015, 08:19 AM

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
Some guy in a 350hp Genesis tried racing me and I put at least a bus on him. Guess he didnt realize how heavy his car was compared to mine, this was only on stage one when I put a hurtin on him. He came into my work and challenged me to another race claiming he has 40 more hp and a new lightweight flywheel and new synchros in his transmission.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:46 AM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
A few months back, I had a focus st reving and chirping his tires at me he kept at it for a good 2 miles. So after that we lined up at a light, while waiting I decided to go for it we couldn't communicate since a truck was in the middle of us, once the light turned green we both went for it, i had traction issues and still managed to put 2 cars on him by the end of second gear poor guy never had a chance.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
My car vs hoda civic

This was a race I had a while back I would always see this guy out driving. Two other times we had messed around from a roll. But the second time he took me to his house where he had accumulated many ricers. He was the fastest in his group supposedly.

He said he had ordered a special JDM transmission from a JDM civic all the way from japan.

This thing was absolutely gutted, probably >1,800lbs (just guessing) it was a tiny hatch

Obnoxious straight pipe and drag radials.

My car was pretty much entirely stock with the header back zzp exhaust. Wasn't tuned so the exhaust wasn't helping much at the time. My cars 2,800-2,900lbs

I got bad wheel hop but I wasn't about to let out..
Old 12-11-2015, 12:30 AM

Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts
I think I may have the title on this site for the most people wanting to f*ck around with me on the road.

Every Civic ever.
Every schmuck in a truck ever. Especially with 120lbs wheels on the damn things.
Most Mustang owners. Also especially ones with 24s and stupid looking **** like that.
Everything Mopar. Even the minivans. But especially turbo Darts. 160hp, oh I'm so impressed.
Some guy in a Fiesta ST.

I guess it's the carbon trunk and custom built LED tails that gets people's blood going? All I know is that when these people shift at 5500rpm and I just keep going to 7100 I **** a lot of people off. Then I stop accelerating when I get to the speed limit and they race off to be pulled over for speeding.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:55 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Sadly driving a sedan i barely get noticed. However i have had a few people try to run me or bite when i instigated.

usually civics that get dusted.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Haven07
Nice stories! I don't get the chance for much of these stories anymore since my work commute shrunk from around 20 miles one way to a silly 14 mile round trip

I'll share a few of my favs from a while ago when I was still basically stock with just header, downpipe and catback. I was heading to work and came to a light not paying attention to the car in the other lane till I pulled up next to him and saw he had a modded rsx, so knowing what was gonna happen as soon as the light turned green we both floored it, he pulled me about half a car, was a good run.

Also ran my friends Grand Prix when I had the same mods, we did a 40-120 roll and I got him by about a car the first time, after that we did a 60-120 and we were pretty much even, never knew them boats were that quick!

I also tried a srt-8 jeep, he ate me alive

Since I've had my tvs I've haven't ran across anyone
I was messing with an SRT8 Jeep before on the highway. Pulled him by about 1.5 car lengths from around 60-90mph. He even got the hit. Dig would have been a different story. haha
Old 12-11-2015, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't get challenged as much as i'd like lol, i mean my car is pretty slow but I still like to have fun and redline my car for the hell of it!
Old 12-11-2015, 06:56 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I don't usually get any cars worth the time wanting to race. 2.2L Cobalts, Ford Focus, and Hyundai most of the time.

A little while ago I did have a guy in a SRT4 pull up next to me going down the highway. He started revving next to me. He had exhaust and a blow off valve but I don't know what else he had done. We slowed down and rolled down our windows and he said he wanted to race. I told him his car made a lot of noise and asked him if it was as fast as it sounds and he said "hell yeah". We ended up going from a 40 roll. I let him count off and he got a bit of a jump on me but I can tell you his car was not as fast as it sounded; by 120 I think I had about 4 bus lengths on him and let off. I tapped the brakes to let him know I was letting off and of course he did a ricer fly-by and kept on going.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:39 PM

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
I was messing with an SRT8 Jeep before on the highway. Pulled him by about 1.5 car lengths from around 60-90mph. He even got the hit. Dig would have been a different story. haha
Yea was a light to light race lol. It started because I I was flying down the road(a back woods type road with a lot less traffic) and I came up on him pretty quick and he was just chilling, and with me being me, I was downshifting looking for a way to pass but cars kept coming, so I just waited until the road opened up to 2 lanes on each side and caught him at a light. Those things can move from a stop!

We pretty much floored it and by the time I got traction he was long gone

However with the new mounts I just installed I think I would be willing to try him again if I see him around, my car hooks a lot more nicely now and with me having my tvs I'm on the hunt now
Old 12-11-2015, 11:19 PM
Slobodan Milošević

Received 215 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by rnjmur
I don't usually get any cars worth the time wanting to race. 2.2L Cobalts, Ford Focus, and Hyundai most of the time.

A little while ago I did have a guy in a SRT4 pull up next to me going down the highway. He started revving next to me. He had exhaust and a blow off valve but I don't know what else he had done. We slowed down and rolled down our windows and he said he wanted to race. I told him his car made a lot of noise and asked him if it was as fast as it sounds and he said "hell yeah". We ended up going from a 40 roll. I let him count off and he got a bit of a jump on me but I can tell you his car was not as fast as it sounded; by 120 I think I had about 4 bus lengths on him and let off. I tapped the brakes to let him know I was letting off and of course he did a ricer fly-by and kept on going.
Wanna race my 2.2 cobalt? lol
Old 12-12-2015, 12:38 PM
Platinum Member

^
Old 12-12-2015, 04:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I get a lot of people that want to race here in Toledo.
2014 Cadillac CTS 3.6l on the expressway. Flew by me then slowed down. I caught up to him and he didn't want to race looked at me a smiled. (Don't fly by me then slow down and then don't race me)
2013-14 300c on expressway. Killed him till we both got off at our exits then tells me my car is quicker then he thought. He thought his car was fast. Then he saw me a a gas station another day and after I walked out of store he called me over to his car and said he's on the phone with her buddy that has a "twin turbo" newer Camaro with 750hp that wants to race me for money. I laughed.
Some random Pontiac go with a loud ass exhaust. I was in fifth gear dropped it to third and flew past him like he did to me then he never caught up
Some random civic si with a color changing license plate that says "inoulik"
Newer Kia Optima with Lexus badges and loud exhaust and lowered
1996 rt Camaro that caught me pulling on eway. Followed me and said that I was driving his car that he sold. He had a lsj and I have an lnf. Dumb ass kid
2011 300 srt8 on my way to cedar point. Had 4 people in my car and slowed down to 70 in 4th gear (should of been in 3rd) he killed me and then I asked him how much whp he had. He said 495. Lol it was a fun race tho. I wish I would of
started in 3rd gear in an empty car. Recorded it but don't know how to post it

Can't think of any more right now but definitely a lot of people that want to race
Old 12-12-2015, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Name:  93cec99b-a523-4ff3-a536-17b65754425f.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  398.9 KB

For the black late model Camaro this morning on I-55, this is what the front of my car looks like
The following users liked this post:
Cobalt_Daddy (12-17-2015)
Old 12-12-2015, 07:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I got a good laugh out of this^

Had the most riced out v6 mustang(possibly in existence) rev at me today.

The only car I have EVER heard that actually sound worse than a straight piped Honda.. Im not even kidding, this was the worst sounding car ever..

I was on my bike at the time and he was going the other way. But felt I had to share this..
Old 12-12-2015, 07:51 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
Sadly driving a sedan i barely get noticed. However i have had a few people try to run me or bite when i instigated. usually civics that get dusted.
I'd still like to see how your gms1 performs vs mine or shauns
Old 12-13-2015, 01:06 AM

Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by Coba
I got a good laugh out of this^

Had the most riced out v6 mustang(possibly in existence) rev at me today.

The only car I have EVER heard that actually sound worse than a straight piped Honda.. Im not even kidding, this was the worst sounding car ever..

I was on my bike at the time and he was going the other way. But felt I had to share this..
I think there is one running around here that is probably worse. he cold starts and revs to redline and holds the pedal down like a *******. He has lost to me several times badly.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
there is a god awful sounding ss/sc around here. idk what the guy did but it sounds worse than a fart can civic
Old 12-16-2015, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
okey guys i have a 4 cyl cobalt vs a hoda civic who is gona win k thx
Old 12-16-2015, 11:49 AM
Platinum Member

Does the hoda civic have vtak?
Old 12-16-2015, 11:59 AM

Received 417 Likes on 341 Posts
I've been challenged exactly zero times. Why? A few reasons:

1. Sedan
2. Debadged
3. Most people around where I live are retirees/snowbirds. Twenty-somethings with crappy Civics are very rare here.

I don't mind at all. That's mostly why I debadged. I've got a family, I don't need expensive tickets or my car impounded. And I've got an expensive VW to pay maintenance for
The following users liked this post:
Cobalt_Daddy (12-17-2015)
Old 12-17-2015, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Canadia
I'd still like to see how your gms1 performs vs mine or shauns
if it's not sold in the spring i'll give yas a run!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Everybody Wants to Race Us Thread