War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Good day TOPPED by GREAT Race! LONG STORY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 12:37 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 409 Likes on 352 Posts
Good day TOPPED by GREAT Race! LONG STORY!!!

Wow... what a day. I just got my car back from the Body Shop on Friday around 5 (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36470).

So I drove all Friday night and all Saturday Night. Some interesting races on Saturday. Nothing special though. Couple thugs with new cars. But today was the big day. I had plans of waking up and having a Photo and Video day with my car. My girlfriend went to work at 12.30. Play time commence. The last 2 days have been amazing as far as the weather is concerned: 65-70 degrees... sunny yesterday - party cloudy today. Windows Down - Sunroof Open.

SO my first mission - go to my parents house and get my mom's VIDEO camera and grab my sister to be my Camerawoman. I cruise around town... enjoy the weather... show off my baby. No excitement... just cruising and enjoying my baby. Driving the ACTUALLY speed limit of 35. Get my parents... Camera's gotta charge. Ok. I'll be back in 3 hours. So I take to the streets... do some cruising. I decide where I want to do my Photo shoot and head that way, but not before a bath!!! Now, to get to the Reservoir (where I did my shoot), you gotta take "River Road". A very fun road since it snakes around next to the River. I jet around through those twisties. I make it to my destination and snap quite a few pictures... here are a few of my Best:

After that I head back toward River Road. But I get passed by a Biker and his wife on his Harley. I think, "No big deal." He's about 4 car links ahead of me (I give biker's their distance.) Well then he starts playing with me... Revving it up, Roaring those pipes. So I slip it into second and sort of cruise at 30 through a turn... he's still toying with me. SO I punch it, WHINE. In the Blink of an eye I'm on his bumper and he takes off. I keep a good 3 car lengths between us for safety. He roars around these corners kind of scaring me, it's a Harley... not a Crotch rocket! So I back off and give some distance. And then it happens... he goes into a corner JUST a bit too hard. I see the back tire get a little squirrelly. ****! But he saves it has to go into the grass... but he saves it. Damn... that was scary!

So I make it off of River Road in one piece and continue on my tour of the great city of Findlay, Ohio. About 30 minutes later, I see this 1991 Eagle Talon coming up in my rear view mirror. I recognize it. It runs around with a group called F.I.T. (Findlay Import Tuners ) There is a Small group of these "FIT" cars that run around together:
This Talon (T/C'd), an Impreza WRX, a 98 Mitsu Eclipse GS-T, and a STAGE 3 SRT-4 (Sick little thing... more on him later.)
So I know this guy wants some because I've passed their group going the other way a million times... and I always get stared down. So he is following me like he's in the CIA... a good 10 car lengths behind. So I start heading for the country roads. I get stopped at a red light an swerve over into the right lane real fast and he stays in the left. His Exhaust sounds like ****... like a 87 Chevy astrovan with no muffler. Like a total POS. SO the light turns green, we don't punch it but speed through 1st side by side very smooth like. I take it out of first and move it to 2nd real slow... and he follows suit. Once I hear him release the clutch in 2nd I floor it. I take off like a bat outta hell. I see him sort of bogg down with black smoke shooting out from under the car. So I sort of forget about him, your car can't perform... you aren't worth my attention. a Mile down the road he tears ass up to my bumper... Sweet... it's on. I cruise at 35 in 3rd... waiting to go over the I-75 Overpass... out of city limits and into open road. As I'm coming over i get ready to punch it. BUT some Ass hole comes tire smoking off the off ramp and right in front of me. Damn. About a 1/4 mile down the road the SUV turns off and I punch it... he does the same and doesn't fall back too quick... but seems to bogg down again once he gets to 3rd. WTF!? 2 miles ahead is MY road... where I do all my Top Speeding. I can see he is trying to stick with me. SO I head for it. We make it there I turn on to it... Clear for the next 6 miles. I wait at 35 in 2nd and motion for him to come up next to me. He does... I sort of ease into the throttle and he takes off... I follow suit. I pull from his rear wheel and put him at my rear bumper when he shifts again and the car just seems to crap. I think he has an Exhaust problem. So we do this two more times. Same results... I scream away on the third, tired of this crap. Gotta visit my G/F on her break. He follows me back into town like I owe him something. I laugh. I pull into the Library parking lot (Where my GF works) and see this:

It actually looks good COMPARED to what it used to look like before he painted it. Anyways, I cruise town some more and see a WRX that likes to play tough, floor it, and rev it when I'm stuck in traffic but wants nothing to do with me when I'm beside him with open roads ahead. Whatever... fagg. I wanna run a WRX dammit! I've seen 3 in the last 2 days that all acted that same way. All Show - But don't wanna go. So I cruise some more, and then I hear it... That Stage 3 SRT... custom LOUD as hell Exhaust... Cracks and pops like a gun when he lets off the gas. He's blue with CF hood and trunk. 4 cars ahead of me. **** that... scary ****. We've seen each other a good 15 times and never been able to run... then I Find out he's got Stage3. So this race has been a long time waiting. I can tell he know I'm here... and he wants some. He's going 30 in a 35 waiting for me. Okay, Have it your way. We play around in town, building the anticipation for coming race (Slaughter). I make my way back to I-75. We get hit with a red light at the top of the onramp. right hand turn though... So I wait till I see an opening in the traffic on 75, then hit it. He doesn't pursue hard or anything. So I get on the interstate and stay in the right lane at 55 mph (Probably a bit more outta the 3rd gear powerband than i wanted to be... but it didn't occur to me at the time. He pulls up beside me... I floor it... he floors it... F@CK! He takes off and I sit a car length behind at 100... but I'm not paying attention and can't hear my own car and shift to 4th same time as him... mistake... I was only at like 5500 rpm or so. But he lets off shortly after shifting. He taps the brakes a couple times to show good race. **** that... I shifted early... I get up next to him again. 65 mph... we mash it at the same time... I pull a nose, if only for a second and then he shoots forward. I'm at his rear bumper at 100 when he shifts... I keep on it and pull back a little bit of what was lost. But then we both let off. Wow... surprisingly, i was about 5 ft from his rear bumper. I thought I was gonna die by about a Semi's length. Pretty damn good IMO! I was very impressed with my car. BUT that's not the end of this day.

More cruising. A Fake SRT-4 cruised up next to me... 4 hott girls. I was like DAMN! I didn't realize it was a fake till they floored it... the sound and the single exhaust tip, gave them away. I cruised beside them as they slammed the gears in an attempt to leave me in the dust... I got a Phone # out of that ordeal. Sweeeeeet. Too bad I have a G/F. Speaking of G/F... she was just getting off work... time to pick her up. We pick up a box full of book, a boxed Christmas tree, and a cherry pie from her parents house then head back across town to our apartment... Here's where it happens. Cruising across town... get to the other side and head down a back road to do another quick speed check. I see a car bust ass around the turn behind me.
"See baby... they always find me. "
This is a 4 lane back road in a soon to be industrial zone. He pulls up beside me... HOLY ****... it a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX... might have been the MR... but I dunno... all I know is it had the "Vortex Generators" (the little fins at the top of the rear window). He rolls down his tented windows and him and his buddy are just smiling like, "You got nothing." he keeps blowing the BOV... so I ease it into 2nd at 35mph - PERFECT! He follows and downshifts. We simultaneously go WOT... from 35 to 120 I pull a good 4 cars! AWESOME!!! I turn left onto another 4 lane road that leads to the interstate. I take the far lane and let him pull up along side my Driver's side.
"Holy ****! What have you done to that thing?! It's quick! Holy **** it's Quick!"
"Oh you know... a little here a little there."
We get stopped at a red light and continue our conversation... I tell him a couple of things I've done. I think to myself, "Damn... From a dig... I'm gonna get eaten." Because I just know he's gonna hammer it. Light turns green.. I sort of roll out of it... he sits for a second, building RPM... then takes off at my rear bumper. SO I give it about as much gas as first can take with out getting Hoppy. He's pulled a car and a half by the time I hit Second, but then I start clawing my way back... foot by foot. At around 100 we were even and let off. They were pretty amazed with the SS, which is cool as hell, because I love the IX's and the X concepts look pretty damn sweet as well. I was in an AMAZING mood after that! It was amazing. We made it back to the apartment and I showed my G/F the camera in the Glove box. I gave her a class on turning it on and putting to Video. "If that ever happens again... pull this out and TAPE IT!!!"

This weekend stacked my win Counter pretty good. I started on Friday with 20:

It's actually at 29 or 30 now... Fun Fun!

Well, that's my life story. Hope you enjoyed it as much as me! Sorry if it was too long for ya! Damn, I love this Car!
Old 11-27-2006, 01:20 AM
cMw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude, sick is the only word to describe it

nice kills though dude

also that was definitely an MR that you raced since you said it had the vortex generators

its actually good that you stayed with him, did he say if he had any mods done or if he was stock? im guessing he was stock since u put 4 cars on him because theres really no lightly modded evo haha

nice kills dude and props on the beautiful day

and on getting ur car back
Old 11-27-2006, 01:27 AM

Nice story man sounds like you had some fun. congrats on the evo race, thats pretty impressive.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:34 AM

Awesome stories. I enjoyed reading it. Sounded alot like my cruising days/nights. Glad to see you got your car back. Keep up the nice work. I have a goal of beating a evo at work. He has a turbo upgrade and some other things done. Seems as if he runs mid to low 13s. Will be a long time till I can beat him. Stage II, 2.79 pulley, exhaust, manifold, and a tune I'm hoping will put me right with him. Keep up the nice kills!
Old 11-27-2006, 02:02 AM

Cool day it sounds like. Some nice pics also!
Old 11-27-2006, 02:24 AM

Sweet man, too bad you couldn't film it!
Old 11-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Originally Posted by cMw

nice kills though dude

also that was definitely an MR that you raced since you said it had the vortex generators

its actually good that you stayed with him, did he say if he had any mods done or if he was stock? im guessing he was stock since u put 4 cars on him because theres really no lightly modded evo haha

Awesome, i was hoping it was an MR! It looked killer sweet. He didn't say anything about his Mod's... he had a BOV... that's probably it. I'm still pretty stoked about it! It was awesome.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wright many books!?

Nice kills but daymn that was a long ass read!
Old 11-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Originally Posted by Jackalope
Write many books!?

Nice kills but daymn that was a long ass read!
Thanks, I tried to condense it as much as I could, but it did end up being a really long story!
Old 11-27-2006, 02:44 PM

long doesn't mean bad. You're one of the few on here that can write a long one like that and not make it incoherent with a lack of punctuation etc.

Nice kills and sweet write up.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:57 PM

Where'd you get that counter? I want it!
Old 11-27-2006, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by cMw

nice kills though dude

And they don't make aftermarket vortec generators for the Evo? There is a good chance that it was the MR but there is still the chance that it could have been a lower model with the vortex generator just put on afterwards. Either way, good kill(s) to the thread starter.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Originally Posted by joedashow
Where'd you get that counter? I want it!
Haha, i walked into Wal-Mart one day and this hott chick said, "Would you like to smell Axe's new scent - 'Clix'?" "Sure." (Sprays Clix on an Axe card) "Here you go... and a free counter."

Sweet! I knew right that moment what purpose that counter would serve.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:21 PM
cMw

Originally Posted by scottw03
And they don't make aftermarket vortec generators for the Evo? There is a good chance that it was the MR but there is still the chance that it could have been a lower model with the vortex generator just put on afterwards. Either way, good kill(s) to the thread starter.
your right but more than not it was an MR, and even if it wasn't theres no HP difference between the MR and the GSR, all it comes down to is 5spd vs. 6spd with cosmetic differences
Old 11-27-2006, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
Awesome stories. I enjoyed reading it. Sounded alot like my cruising days/nights. Glad to see you got your car back. Keep up the nice work. I have a goal of beating a evo at work. He has a turbo upgrade and some other things done. Seems as if he runs mid to low 13s. Will be a long time till I can beat him. Stage II, 2.79 pulley, exhaust, manifold, and a tune I'm hoping will put me right with him. Keep up the nice kills!
Hes got a turbo upgrade and you think those mods will beat him? Not saying its impossible, but on my stock turbo I run 11s. A turbo upgrade and the possibilities are limitless. Im just trying to be realistic.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:35 PM

Im kinda confused. USMCfieldmp, was the evo stock? You said you spoke to him, what were his mods? Still a nice kill, always good to beat another car, esp one that has highr hp stock vs. stock.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:00 PM

this is by far my fav. post of all time!!! nice kills buddy!!
Old 11-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Originally Posted by evolve
Im kinda confused. USMCfieldmp, was the evo stock? You said you spoke to him, what were his mods? Still a nice kill, always good to beat another car, esp one that has highr hp stock vs. stock.
Refer to Post #7. He mentioned no mod's... and the car looked really new. I know for sure there was a BOV... but no Idea on any others. And Killing a Super car like an Evo is always cool. Especially when it is one of your Favorite Cars. I'm still waiting for my chance to line up with an STi or even a WRX! Can't wait!

Originally Posted by Pauly204
this is by far my fav. post of all time!!! nice kills buddy!!
Awesome! Glad you love it!
Old 11-27-2006, 11:27 PM

nice kill... i also had a nice weekend with a cruise through the canyons and a bad ass crotch rocket playing with me for quite a few miles...
Old 11-30-2006, 01:52 AM

haha where i used to live there was a mustang with that exact same spoiler as the one on that neon, but the funny thing is they didnt even take off the stock spoiler they just bolted it right on top of it...it was hideous.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:39 AM

awsome story, really enjoyed the read
Old 11-30-2006, 09:03 PM

So if you couldn't tell if it was an MR, then how do you know it was a IX?? Just because of the vortex generator? That was available on the VIII MR as well, and is also available aftermarket. Even if it WAS an MR, there is no power difference.

Also, you want to compare a stock car with your modified car? You keep that in your sig until you meet up with one that has just an exhaust, boost controller, and even a barely competent tune and then you let us know how it goes.

If you can't find one, I'll be glad to take you up on your offer to someone else in another other thread and meet you half way, video tape it, and loser pays for gas. I'm in Pittsburgh, so it's not as far as the other one.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Originally Posted by dennyt4
So if you couldn't tell if it was an MR, then how do you know it was a IX?? Just because of the vortex generator? That was available on the VIII MR as well, and is also available aftermarket. Even if it WAS an MR, there is no power difference.

Also, you want to compare a stock car with your modified car? You keep that in your sig until you meet up with one that has just an exhaust, boost controller, and even a barely competent tune and then you let us know how it goes.

If you can't find one, I'll be glad to take you up on your offer to someone else in another other thread and meet you half way, video tape it, and loser pays for gas. I'm in Pittsburgh, so it's not as far as the other one.
I know it was a IX... because there is someone else in town with an VIII... and I can tell the differences... because I am a Fan. Which is how I knew there was no power difference between the IX and MR and therefor did not care to ask.

And yes, I want to compare Stock to my Modified. We already know that stock... the Evo is faster than a stock Cobalt... that is what is EXPECTED out of a $35,000 sports car.
Now I am quite sure... that if you had the exhaust, Boost control and tune you are talking about; and ran into a Viper GTS, or a Supra, or a Ferrari... and you raced them and won... you would be quite excited about it... Just as I am excited that my $1200 of modifications on my $19,000 car, beating his stock $35,000 car. Now, it was quite a pleasant time... he thought my car was sweet ... I thought his car was sweet... and there is no need for you to come in here and get all defensive. I have already admitted that his car is awesome stock compared to mine stock. Maybe if you had read more than one post... you would know that we discussed ALL these things.

Oh and the offer in the other thread was that he was doubting my MODIFIED Cobalt could beat a STOCK Evo. SO if your modified Evo thinks it has a chance with my modified Cobalt... YOU can drive over to Findlay, Ohio and we can race. Maybe I'll cook you a Corndog if you win.

Like I said 5 other times in this thread. I Like Evo's, and I know they are very powerful and have a lot of potential... which is why I am Excited that I beat one!

Anymore questions or Comments?
Old 12-01-2006, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
And yes, I want to compare Stock to my Modified. We already know that stock... the Evo is faster than a stock Cobalt... that is what is EXPECTED out of a $35,000 sports car.
Now I am quite sure... that if you had the exhaust, Boost control and tune you are talking about; and ran into a Viper GTS, or a Supra, or a Ferrari... and you raced them and won... you would be quite excited about it... Just as I am excited that my $1200 of modifications on my $19,000 car, beating his stock $35,000 car. Now, it was quite a pleasant time... he thought my car was sweet ... I thought his car was sweet... and there is no need for you to come in here and get all defensive. I have already admitted that his car is awesome stock compared to mine stock. Maybe if you had read more than one post... you would know that we discussed ALL these things.

Anymore questions or Comments?
Nope, you have made my point about you FOR ME quite nicely - way to pull out the "ricer" excuse of vehicle cost...

SEE RICER EXCUSES HERE

I would get excited if I beat one of the cars you mention - IF I WAS STOCK, but not when I modify my car to it's potential and then beat them. I love when when people can't make the apples to apples comparisons Now you go get 'em Tiger
Old 12-01-2006, 06:01 AM

Nope, you have made my point about you FOR ME quite nicely - way to pull out the "ricer" excuse of vehicle cost...

I would get excited if I beat one of the cars you mention - IF I WAS STOCK, but not when I modify my car to it's potential and then beat them. I love when when people can't make the apples to apples comparisons Now you go get 'em Tiger
If it's not bad enough that he was tryin to be cool with you and explain his whole point, now you gotta go and bring up that dumb as Ricer Comment. I have actually had enough of hearing people make all them...Ricer this and Ricer that comments. On top of that, you mean to tell me that, with your car being slower than a Z06 and cheaper, if you did some good mods that still kept you less on the cost side of things and you walked on one, that you wouldn't be excited?? How bout them apples??

Oh yeah, one more thing. When you say, it's potential, I hope you don't mean it's full potential. If that's the case, you have alot more to learn about our cars grasshoppa.

Thank you and have a super swell day.

Quick Reply: Good day TOPPED by GREAT Race! LONG STORY!!!