ZZ Performance ZZ Performance is a proud Supporting Vendor

ZZP's 4t45e

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couldn't you just lower the Boost and stay in the 325/350 Ft./lbs and get that Built Tranny?
If you want more Power you could just work around to make more efficient HPs .
Old 07-24-2012, 08:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol then might as well just pull off all the parts and sell it if he can't use his parts to the full potential
Old 07-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I doubt that you were "given" that information. I would bet that you more likely misunderstood what was said. As I said, Bates does not build transmissions, so no one here is going to say that he builds stronger transmissions than we do. That would be like your Snap On Tools rep telling you, "I had Applebees build me a toolbox because they make better toolboxes than we do."

Anyway, there are a lot of issues that you can run into with your transmission that would have nothing to do with the trans build itself. The fact that you have gone through several tells me that there is a chance that you are doing something wrong. Combining that with the fact that you are more interested in pointing out that ZZP is going to screw you than you are in discussing why your previous transmissions all failed, and I am back to saying, "Don't buy our transmission." I also find it funny how after I told you not to buy our trans that you turned around and call us "a money hungry company." Seriously, I don't want you to buy our transmission. Not because it is not strong enough for your application, but rather because it is not strong enough for your setup.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:26 AM

Ive never gotten dyno numbers just i think im at 350Whp and 350ftlbs that is regardless. In our emails 400 wtq and 400whp get interchanged a ton just like on this thread. I am sorry for the mix up when you deal with hundreds of people a day its easy to misread things. Our tranny like matt stated has held up to over 400whp. Also based on how the last tranny failed it leads me to believe like ive told you that i think it is tcm related. Once again sorry for the mistake.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Matt M
I doubt that you were "given" that information. I would bet that you more likely misunderstood what was said. As I said, Bates does not build transmissions, so no one here is going to say that he builds stronger transmissions than we do. That would be like your Snap On Tools rep telling you, "I had Applebees build me a toolbox because they make better toolboxes than we do."

Anyway, there are a lot of issues that you can run into with your transmission that would have nothing to do with the trans build itself. The fact that you have gone through several tells me that there is a chance that you are doing something wrong. Combining that with the fact that you are more interested in pointing out that ZZP is going to screw you than you are in discussing why your previous transmissions all failed, and I am back to saying, "Don't buy our transmission." I also find it funny how after I told you not to buy our trans that you turned around and call us "a money hungry company." Seriously, I don't want you to buy our transmission. Not because it is not strong enough for your application, but rather because it is not strong enough for your setup.
Do not knock on my applebee's tool box!It comes with free chicken wings!!!!!!!!

Side note,His stock trans was just fine until boost was turned up and melted clutch disc together.He has a external trans cooler as well although I think it should be much larger and the current tune on there is HPT done by a reputable tuner here in AZ.It can be a list of things of why he can't find a trans to hold up but sounds like the ZZP would be better then anything else.IPT already screwed him over.Maybe everyone step back,re read some things and post hard facts about this transmission and do some business.It's all about Customer satisfaction and business.So instead of trying to prove eachother wrong,move forward and try to help each other out a bit more.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by 1LowLS
lol then might as well just pull off all the parts and sell it if he can't use his parts to the full potential
screw that... do a manual swap lol why a F35 .. just do a F23 they can handle power and it'll be a much easier swap
Old 07-24-2012, 01:24 PM

we've been throught this many times.The entire harness of the car would have to swapped.Woud be easier swapping his motor and turbo kit to another LS that is a 5 speed.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:29 PM

we've been throught this many times.The entire harness of the car would have to swapped.Woud be easier swapping his motor and turbo kit to another LS that is a 5 speed.
depends on who's tuning you ..
Old 07-24-2012, 01:34 PM

True,then again we would need very detailed wiring schematics and would need to know which speed sensor signal to use,would have to eliminate his Auto NSS for a standard NSS under the dash and figure out all that wiring.Lots of hacking and wiring to figure out.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nhanson
Well lets hear what the limitations of the trans are.
Still waiting on this...
Old 07-24-2012, 02:07 PM

x5^^^^^^^^
Old 07-24-2012, 03:24 PM

Side note,His stock trans was just fine until boost was turned up and melted clutch disc together.He has a external trans cooler as well although I think it should be much larger and the current tune on there is HPT done by a reputable tuner here in AZ.It can be a list of things of why he can't find a trans to hold up but sounds like the ZZP would be better then anything else.IPT already screwed him over.Maybe everyone step back,re read some things and post hard facts about this transmission and do some business.It's all about Customer satisfaction and business.So instead of trying to prove eachother wrong,move forward and try to help each other out a bit more.
I agree with this. I also agree with Shane or whoever posted above, that the TCM might be the issue. I said that a while ago to Tyler but I dont remember what we decided and why we decided that that wasnt the issue.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:59 PM

Would you like to see my first email that I sent to you guys for help if you don't believe me?

4T45E build
Inbox

Tyler Ogren
Jun 15

to customerservice
Hey,

I was told a month or so ago from an associate that bates had built the 4t45e that is in Ryan's car. I can't seem to find them online or a number for them anywhere. Could I get some contact information from you guys about them please?

Thanks,
Tyler

However calling me a liar. Again I'm very sorry that I was given the wrong information by a co-worker of yours, but that doesn't mean that gives you the right to be ass hole to people because one of their co-workers messed up. It should be the exact opposite, you should want to help your customer and want to make things right with them.
The chance that I am doing something wrong... Sure from an outsiders perspective I would think the same thing. But I haven't personally built them, had other companies do it and do it wrong it would seem. If ZZP wasn't going to screw me. tell me otherwise, put a 4t45e in my car and prove it to everyone then! The fact is the builder said there was "No way it could hold that much power, there's only so much you can do to these things."
Technically I never called ZZP a money hungry company
That just sounds like a money hungry company that doesn't seem to be concerned about their customers...
Did I ever say i was going to buy the 4t45e from you guys? No, I didn't so don't worry about it. Not because the fact is that it wouldn't be strong enough for my application, but because of you and your lack of care. Great Customer Service man, now let Shane and I continue to discuss my options without interference from you please?

Again on my last post I commented that I wanted to see the other people who have this setup in their cars. You claim they run over 400WHP in them. This is what I wanted this thread to be! Not what it turned into once you came into it.. Now it's way too late for me, but you still have other potential customers in here who want to more about these setups and the transmission's limitations.

Originally Posted by Shane H
Ive never gotten dyno numbers just i think im at 350Whp and 350ftlbs that is regardless. In our emails 400 wtq and 400whp get interchanged a ton just like on this thread. I am sorry for the mix up when you deal with hundreds of people a day its easy to misread things. Our tranny like matt stated has held up to over 400whp. Also based on how the last tranny failed it leads me to believe like ive told you that i think it is tcm related. Once again sorry for the mistake.
Shane, **** happens, I'm not even mad at you man. I understand how **** happens, I mean we have 100 emails back and forth **** can get confused it is what it is.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Tundraboarder666
Would you like to see my first email that I sent to you guys for help if you don't believe me?

4T45E build
Inbox

Tyler Ogren
Jun 15

to customerservice
Hey,

I was told a month or so ago from an associate that bates had built the 4t45e that is in Ryan's car. I can't seem to find them online or a number for them anywhere. Could I get some contact information from you guys about them please?

Thanks,
Tyler

However calling me a liar. Again I'm very sorry that I was given the wrong information by a co-worker of yours, but that doesn't mean that gives you the right to be ass hole to people because one of their co-workers messed up. It should be the exact opposite, you should want to help your customer and want to make things right with them.
The chance that I am doing something wrong... Sure from an outsiders perspective I would think the same thing. But I haven't personally built them, had other companies do it and do it wrong it would seem. If ZZP wasn't going to screw me. tell me otherwise, put a 4t45e in my car and prove it to everyone then! The fact is the builder said there was "No way it could hold that much power, there's only so much you can do to these things."
Technically I never called ZZP a money hungry company Did I ever say i was going to buy the 4t45e from you guys? No, I didn't so don't worry about it. Not because the fact is that it wouldn't be strong enough for my application, but because of you and your lack of care. Great Customer Service man, now let Shane and I continue to discuss my options without interference from you please?

Again on my last post I commented that I wanted to see the other people who have this setup in their cars. You claim they run over 400WHP in them. This is what I wanted this thread to be! Not what it turned into once you came into it.. Now it's way too late for me, but you still have other potential customers in here who want to more about these setups and the transmission's limitations.

Shane, **** happens, I'm not even mad at you man. I understand how **** happens, I mean we have 100 emails back and forth **** can get confused it is what it is.
Where are you coming from with any of this? First, you posted your email only in attempt to prove what we said. Second, I never once said anything close to calling you a liar. In fact, I said that "you more likely misunderstood what was said." In order to call you a liar, I would have to be claiming that you knew the truth and decided to say something else. That is clearly not what I did. Third- these transmissions are easy to mess up in the tune, trans cooler, launching too hard for the fluid level, etc... You could have a perfectly built trans that can handle 600 ft lbs and destroy it in 2 days at half that if other things are not in order. Fourth- this isn't customer service. This is me responding to you coming off like ZZP is dishonest on a public forum. In case you have not noticed, I will not let that slide. If you don't like having me in here responding to your statements about zzp, then don't post about zzp. It's pretty simple. You try to say that I ruined the thread by coming in here, but that is incorrect. I simply ruined your attempt to show zzp as being dishonest without someone here to contradict you. Seriously, if you are going to talk **** about someone, be prepared for them to respond.

Moving on- If you want to have a trans that works in your car, work to figure out why yours have all failed first. That is the most important step at this point in time.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Name:  popcorn_bag.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  90.1 KB
Old 07-24-2012, 10:53 PM

Where are you coming from with any of this? First, you posted your email only in attempt to prove what we said. Second, I never once said anything close to calling you a liar. In fact, I said that "you more likely misunderstood what was said." In order to call you a liar, I would have to be claiming that you knew the truth and decided to say something else. That is clearly not what I did. Third- these transmissions are easy to mess up in the tune, trans cooler, launching too hard for the fluid level, etc... You could have a perfectly built trans that can handle 600 ft lbs and destroy it in 2 days at half that if other things are not in order. Fourth- this isn't customer service. This is me responding to you coming off like ZZP is dishonest on a public forum. In case you have not noticed, I will not let that slide. If you don't like having me in here responding to your statements about zzp, then don't post about zzp. It's pretty simple. You try to say that I ruined the thread by coming in here, but that is incorrect. I simply ruined your attempt to show zzp as being dishonest without someone here to contradict you. Seriously, if you are going to talk **** about someone, be prepared for them to respond.

Moving on- If you want to have a trans that works in your car, work to figure out why yours have all failed first. That is the most important step at this point in time.

I posted the email to show you what I said... I wouldn't come and say that the transmission was a 4t45e built by Bates for no reason... proving that I'm not just lying about it. You say that you doubt I was given that information when that is in fact the information that was given to me. The tune is good and is done by a reputable tuner here in AZ. Also had Vince tune on the sticker and the second transmission so I know its not the tune. I never launched the car on any of the built transmissions once... the trans coolers perfectly fine...
oh I don't think you have to worry about anyone confusing your kind words with being customer service related. LOL.
**** was dishonest... whether it was meant to be or not. Mistakes happen I get it bud but telling me it is good for 400wtq when it's not.. I'd call that dishonest. Or at least an honest mistake. And yes I've noticed you wont let it slide.. You decide to call it out even when there's evidence to support it.. all I was trying to do when I made this thread was to find out about who has been running zzps built 4t45e. Look at my first post... do you see anything in there about me calling zzp dishonest? No you don't! Plain and simple just trying to see if you had any support from any customers that had zzps transmission and what their experience was with it and if they were happy with it... evidently no one came to say what you wanted them to say or prove anything about it. And I've given You the opportunity many times to talk about those cars that have been running over 400whp. Yet you continue to want to show what a great service you can get from zzp instead. I Think you should seek your own advice if you really think I'm not going to reaping either.

The issue here is the the 4t45e is not strong enough of a transmission... I can't find anyone anywhere who thinks they could build this thing up to be strong enough to hold 400wtq. Pretty simple.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:07 PM

Old 07-24-2012, 11:20 PM

Good sales pitch? Lol
Old 07-24-2012, 11:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nhanson
Still waiting on this...
Yup.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Former Vendor

I posted the email to show you what I said... I wouldn't come and say that the transmission was a 4t45e built by Bates for no reason... proving that I'm not just lying about it. You say that you doubt I was given that information when that is in fact the information that was given to me. The tune is good and is done by a reputable tuner here in AZ. Also had Vince tune on the sticker and the second transmission so I know its not the tune. I never launched the car on any of the built transmissions once... the trans coolers perfectly fine...
oh I don't think you have to worry about anyone confusing your kind words with being customer service related. LOL.
**** was dishonest... whether it was meant to be or not. Mistakes happen I get it bud but telling me it is good for 400wtq when it's not.. I'd call that dishonest. Or at least an honest mistake. And yes I've noticed you wont let it slide.. You decide to call it out even when there's evidence to support it.. all I was trying to do when I made this thread was to find out about who has been running zzps built 4t45e. Look at my first post... do you see anything in there about me calling zzp dishonest? No you don't! Plain and simple just trying to see if you had any support from any customers that had zzps transmission and what their experience was with it and if they were happy with it... evidently no one came to say what you wanted them to say or prove anything about it. And I've given You the opportunity many times to talk about those cars that have been running over 400whp. Yet you continue to want to show what a great service you can get from zzp instead. I Think you should seek your own advice if you really think I'm not going to reaping either.

The issue here is the the 4t45e is not strong enough of a transmission... I can't find anyone anywhere who thinks they could build this thing up to be strong enough to hold 400wtq. Pretty simple.
Wow. Amazing. I know that you didn't think Bates built it for no reason. I already stated that you could have misunderstood something that was said and took it as that. Stop ignoring the fact that Bates does not build transmissions, so what you thought to be the case could not have been.

Second- how would it be dishonest if we talk about our trans holding 400whp when it in fact does? Certified can rate it to whatever power they want. It does not make us dishonest.

Third- Customer running zzp 4t45 trans
Old 07-25-2012, 01:30 AM

It only took 3 pages for that lol.Matt,What are the estimated limitations of your built unit.Let's cut the bullshit blaming game,and talk power numbers here.And is there higher stalls you can get for the turbo guys?
Old 07-25-2012, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by xbobbitox
Good sales pitch? Lol
Hahaha right?!

Wow. Amazing. I know that you didn't think Bates built it for no reason. I already stated that you could have misunderstood something that was said and took it as that. Stop ignoring the fact that Bates does not build transmissions, so what you thought to be the case could not have been.

Second- how would it be dishonest if we talk about our trans holding 400whp when it in fact does? Certified can rate it to whatever power they want. It does not make us dishonest.

Third- Customer running zzp 4t45 trans
Astonishing really... I mean with that logic we would assume that everyone would know that bates doesn't make transmission's. I'm not ignoring the fact that they don't. lmao I'm saying that is what a member from ZZP told me. You would think that since he works for a company that deals with performance cars he would understand what another company does and doesn't make, I guess that goes without saying though.

How would it be dishonest? Well, I guess do you consider lying to be dishonest?
Dishonesty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You would think you would go by what the people who actually make the trans say it's capabilities are and are not from a reliable stand point...

Thank you! you gave some proof! SEE it wasn't that hard!
Just wish the guy had more than 7 Posts so we could see if it's still in one piece and what boost levels he continues to run at. Must be an awesome car none the less!

It only took 3 pages for that lol.Matt,What are the estimated limitations of your built unit.Let's cut the bullshit blaming game,and talk power numbers here.And is there higher stalls you can get for the turbo guys?

This^ please!
Old 07-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Former Vendor

I do not have a realistic power limit that I can rate this trans to. We have only sold a few since 90%+ boosted Cobalts are running manual trans.

Yes, we have torque converters available.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:16 PM

Thanks Matt!What fluid type would you run in this transmission?Factory is Dex VI,Would you stick with that?This is not for me btw,Just trying to get as much info as possible for auto guys as I am manual.

There you go Ty.I think this trans would be good,but you should look into a much larger trans fluid cooler.Keep the heat down as much as possible and get a higher stall so you could actually launch in boost.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Former Vendor

Hahaha right?!

Astonishing really... I mean with that logic we would assume that everyone would know that bates doesn't make transmission's. I'm not ignoring the fact that they don't. lmao I'm saying that is what a member from ZZP told me. You would think that since he works for a company that deals with performance cars he would understand what another company does and doesn't make, I guess that goes without saying though.

How would it be dishonest? Well, I guess do you consider lying to be dishonest?
Dishonesty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You would think you would go by what the people who actually make the trans say it's capabilities are and are not from a reliable stand point...

Thank you! you gave some proof! SEE it wasn't that hard!
Just wish the guy had more than 7 Posts so we could see if it's still in one piece and what boost levels he continues to run at. Must be an awesome car none the less!

This^ please!
Man, you just keep ignoring what I said. You don't have to assume what they build. I told you that they don't build trannies, but you are being stubborn because you are mad. that's why you can't say, "Oh, I didn't know that." and move on.

I clearly stated that no one here said that Bates built a trans for us, but you could have easily misunderstood something that was said. Since you can't give me a name or produce the email where this came from, I have to stick the much higher probability that it was just a communication failure. It's not a big deal. It happens. Move on.

As far as this Saturn, I did not know his screen name, so I had to do some searching. I do not know how hard he is running his setup daily, so once again, there is nothing solid to go from.

As far as the builders knowing better- that is not necessarily true. They don't know the application like we do. When they tear apart a trans and the parts are all small and don't look like they would hold up to much, it can be deceiving. Cobalts are light, which helps a lot. Furthermore, these have a 3.63 final drive which gives a significant mechanical advantage over for example, a GTP running a 2.93 final drive. It is similar to how we put 4.45s in our F35s and they handle a lot more power and abuse as a result. They are not putting these cars on a dyno or going out and running 11s in them like we have. They are just diagnosing failures and putting the best parts in them that they can. Their main experience in this application comes from the 4T65 transmissions. They built the one in my 8 second car and aside from input shaft breakage, it has never failed in ~8 years. Their 4t45 builds are based on what they know from the 4t65 since they are similar transmissions.

Quick Reply: ZZP's 4t45e