Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/08-10-ss-turbocharged-general-discussion-152/)
-   -   Intercooler from GenuineSaab.com (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/08-10-ss-turbocharged-general-discussion-152/intercooler-genuinesaab-com-226472/)

gtsr100 08-31-2010 01:37 PM

Intercooler from GenuineSaab.com

just wondering what some of you guys think is it a good buy

umrdyldo 08-31-2010 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by gtsr100 (Post 5198885)
just wondering what some of you guys think is it a good buy

there are those that had problems and those that haven't.

You will hear both sides and it all comes down to how big of a risk you wanna take.

My has had 0 problems.

cardelino18 08-31-2010 02:31 PM

i have for sale! fits perfect and no problems with it!

Supercharged Guy 08-31-2010 02:39 PM

I'm suprised that a lot of other people haven't chimed in yet saying it's a piece of shit IC

I don't have it so I can't really say it's a piece of shit and dont buy it, but there is a couple of people that have had really really bad luck with it

I can't remember who, but somebody posted pictures of it and the fitment was horrible IMO by the pictures

If you want a cheap IC and dont care if it fits or not then go ahead and buy it :)

Wangspeed 08-31-2010 02:51 PM

It's hard mounted, and the top half is covered by the bumper beam. The design of the end tanks sucks as well, and god only knows if that core is worth a damn.

gtsr100 08-31-2010 03:00 PM

Thanks guess I'm still looking for a cheep one then

glhs379 08-31-2010 03:39 PM

Wait for zzp

Kegger 08-31-2010 03:44 PM

I just bought the MPX intercooler that just came out last week. From the pictures, this looks like a really nice quality IC that costs much less than all the others out right now.

Wangspeed 08-31-2010 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Kegger (Post 5199181)
I just bought the MPX intercooler that just came out last week. From the pictures, this looks like a really nice quality IC that costs much less than all the others out right now.

It was so close to being decent. I will wait for the pics of cracks. There's a reason why no one hard mounts an intercooler.

beast10007 08-31-2010 11:38 PM

I have this inercooler and I love it, it fit great I have installed a lot of inercoolers and it was one of the bests, also my temps droped about 10 all in all I like it but I would wait for ZZP

SSlobalt 09-01-2010 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Supercharged Guy (Post 5198988)
I'm suprised that a lot of other people haven't chimed in yet saying it's a piece of shit IC

I don't have it so I can't really say it's a piece of shit and dont buy it, but there is a couple of people that have had really really bad luck with it

I can't remember who, but somebody posted pictures of it and the fitment was horrible IMO by the pictures

If you want a cheap IC and dont care if it fits or not then go ahead and buy it :)

It is a piece of shit. It did not fit in my car to my definition of "fit." Sure, I could have bolted the car back together, but it would have been rubbing on my crash bar and radiator, and AC lines. The angle of the piping was wrong, too. Both sides point toward the ground too much, so the mate to the charge piping is angled. I can't tell enough people to stay away from this unit. I'm not saying you can't make it work if you're not too picky, but good luck with it.

BartSS 09-01-2010 09:43 AM

i guess im one of the ones with no problems

Supercharged Guy 09-01-2010 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by SSlobalt (Post 5200857)
It is a piece of shit. It did not fit in my car to my definition of "fit." Sure, I could have bolted the car back together, but it would have been rubbing on my crash bar and radiator, and AC lines. The angle of the piping was wrong, too. Both sides point toward the ground too much, so the mate to the charge piping is angled. I can't tell enough people to stay away from this unit. I'm not saying you can't make it work if you're not too picky, but good luck with it.

Yeah I knew a couple people had it but didn't know exactly who..The pictures that I saw made me never want to even consider buying this.

It's just a core that has hacked end tanks and made in about 30min

PrincessTurbo 09-01-2010 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by SSlobalt (Post 5200857)

Many of us will agree with that.

SSlobalt 09-01-2010 10:11 PM

You can see here in monograt's pic that the angle of the charge piping and the angle of the IC piping are so different that there is an uneven clamping at the coupler. This is the fault of the Crazy Steve IC piping angle.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10...ankRemoved.jpg