08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

LDK Swap List

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 12:03 AM

Received 417 Likes on 341 Posts
Yeah, a lot of that stuff doesn't come on a long block from zzp and is easily swapped. I was refuted a while back for saying the valve covers are different so it's nice to hear I'm right. I think there's also a hole missing where the wire for the secondary o2 sensor attaches to the side of the head. I think the pump is in the way iirc. Thanks!
Old 12-24-2016, 11:14 AM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by YelloEye
Anybody running an oil pressure sensor with the LDK? The normal locations on the Ecotec 2.x motors aren't there.
I'm a bit late to the party, but if you or anyone still need an oil pressure sensor solution I can help.
Old 12-25-2016, 01:24 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by cw383
I'm a bit late to the party, but if you or anyone still need an oil pressure sensor solution I can help.
Don't need right now, but would like to make that happen one of these days.

What do you have in mind?
Old 12-25-2016, 06:09 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by exninja
Yeah, a lot of that stuff doesn't come on a long block from zzp and is easily swapped. I was refuted a while back for saying the valve covers are different so it's nice to hear I'm right. I think there's also a hole missing where the wire for the secondary o2 sensor attaches to the side of the head. I think the pump is in the way iirc. Thanks!
lhu

lnf

id also like to note that the passenger side engine mount is different. the LNF mount must be used as well as the LNF lower mount bolt that connects to the block. the LHU bolt is slightly longer and the LNF ening mount isn't as thick. and I was able to bolt up my downpipe to the LHU engine using the manifold it came with.

also, the hole for the intake manifold map sensor is slightly smaller. no matter what i tried i couldnt get the map sensor in with the thicker seal that came with the 3 bar map sensor. it fit fine in the LNF manifold. i ended up taking the seal off the map sensor that the lhu engine came with, put it on my 3 bar sensor and it fit.

Last edited by FLASH1970; 12-26-2016 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:54 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Well the LNF finally went and I just grabbed a LDK from ZZP along with some other goodies. We are in the final stages of putting her back together and will deff post pics and videos in a few days!
The following users liked this post:
exninja (12-11-2018)
Old 12-16-2018, 08:00 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Huh, didn't know there was a thread on this.

Did my LDK/LHU (same thing, mine's A20NFT) on November 17th-18th.

Ordered through Jeff Reiland (mongorat) because ZZP didn't come with opels, hpfp, intake manifold, or throttle body. Jeff's supplier comes with everything to drop in for $2700. I transferred over 1 banjo fitting above upper rad hose and my O2 housing/turbo elbow and that was it. Plug and play.

I thought my slave was bad but it was just the clutch pipe nipple. Now I have a spare slave & clutch pipe that i'll sell. Then my fuel line kicked the bucket, $134 for that local and about 2 hours of swapping that over.
I just got HPTuners this week and I'm getting it tuned for the Opels, looking at 20psi "not breaking things" tune.

Video of me and 06cobaltss/ss doing the swap here:

Old 12-25-2018, 10:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ThePanduuh
Huh, didn't know there was a thread on this.

Did my LDK/LHU (same thing, mine's A20NFT) on November 17th-18th.

Ordered through Jeff Reiland (mongorat) because ZZP didn't come with opels, hpfp, intake manifold, or throttle body. Jeff's supplier comes with everything to drop in for $2700. I transferred over 1 banjo fitting above upper rad hose and my O2 housing/turbo elbow and that was it. Plug and play.

I thought my slave was bad but it was just the clutch pipe nipple. Now I have a spare slave & clutch pipe that i'll sell. Then my fuel line kicked the bucket, $134 for that local and about 2 hours of swapping that over.
I just got HPTuners this week and I'm getting it tuned for the Opels, looking at 20psi "not breaking things" tune.

Video of me and 06cobaltss/ss doing the swap here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqR331O8BEo
25 psi or bust. lol jk
Old 01-18-2019, 08:59 AM

Anyone here running stock LDK/LHU cams? I (and a few others) are experiencing low RPM (<3000ish) <100% airload. So part throttle lower RPM. I have 0 KR past 120% airload past 3500 RPM (basically where it would be super bad to have KR I don't have KR, but where I shouldn't I do). I am wondering if anyone here has this issue.

Stock engine mount, stock upper transmission mount, OTTP front and rear transmission mount. Stock LNF clutch and flywheel.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:57 AM

I only did a couple of logs after I tuned (I use the term loosely here), but I can dig them up when I get home. I remember seeing pretty small Kr in spots like that.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:03 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Anyone here running stock LDK/LHU cams? I (and a few others) are experiencing low RPM (<3000ish) <100% airload. So part throttle lower RPM. I have 0 KR past 120% airload past 3500 RPM (basically where it would be super bad to have KR I don't have KR, but where I shouldn't I do). I am wondering if anyone here has this issue.

Stock engine mount, stock upper transmission mount, OTTP front and rear transmission mount. Stock LNF clutch and flywheel.
You might be able to tune them out with some adjustments to the injector angle table (HOM single low)
Old 03-03-2019, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car cranks but won’t start

I purchased a LDK long block from ZZPerformance for my cobalt ss had it installed, it cranks but won’t start! I notice the alarm is not working, does anybody knows why it won’t start? Please help

Originally Posted by ctn2mb
I had ZZP do the swap on my old Cobalt that someone else on the forum owns. It was done in June 2013. As far as I know no problems with it.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:14 AM

Who installed it? Mine started first crank, zero problems. It's probably something simple that didn't get plugged in. Check for fuel, spark, and air.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:14 PM

A friend of mine installed it!! I thought because the alarm is not working now, it must have something to do with it! Everything seems to be back where it’s supposed to be!! It has spark, fuel lines are good! It’s just weird! It cranks but won’t tired up
Old 03-20-2019, 10:08 PM

Those that are still active here and remember enough about the swap:
LNF 3 bar MAP sensor won't fit into LDK intake manifold without boring it out, this is known
what did you do to make it fit? oil, pressure, hopes and dreams?
I personally ran the green o ring that came included with the new sensor but it fit loose. Recently I have switched over to a 3 bar o ring that will fit the intake manifold, a slightly smaller outer diameter than the LNF 3 bar O ring I guess.
Thoughts?
Old 03-21-2019, 04:31 AM

LNF 3 bar MAP sensor won't fit into LDK intake manifold without boring it out, this is known
I personally ran the green o ring that came included with the new sensor but it fit loose. Recently I have switched over to a 3 bar o ring that will fit the intake manifold, a slightly smaller outer diameter than the LNF 3 bar O ring I guess.
Thoughts?
I purchased the LDK engine from ZZPerformance and installed it but I did not upgrade my intake manifold I am still using the factory one, could it be the reason why it won’t ?start?
Old 03-21-2019, 08:44 AM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Thoughts?
I sell special O rings for LDK intake. Bought a few from local GM dealer. They make boring the intake unnecessary. If anyone needs one I will post an add in the for sale section.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:20 AM

Thoughts?
I sell special O rings for LDK intake. Bought a few from local GM dealer. They make boring the intake unnecessary. If anyone needs one I will post an add in the for sale section.
Isn't the "LNF" 3 bar map OD the same as the LDK map, but the LNF uses fatter o-ring anyways?

Originally Posted by Daniel Rangel
I purchased the LDK engine from ZZPerformance and installed it but I did not upgrade my intake manifold I am still using the factory one, could it be the reason why it won’t ?start?
The only difference in the IM's is the MAP sensor provision (afaik). Even if you have the MAP slope and offset wrong in the tune it should start fine, it would just run like poop.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:31 AM

I bought them already was seeing what others did, still tracking KR. I thought it got rid of most of it then I spun wheels yesterday in the rain and saw 7ş KR. Tuner beginning to think something is hitting somewhere.
Originally Posted by exninja
Isn't the "LNF" 3 bar map OD the same as the LDK map, but the LNF uses fatter o-ring anyways?

The only difference in the IM's is the MAP sensor provision (afaik). Even if you have the MAP slope and offset wrong in the tune it should start fine, it would just run like poop.
You can't put the stock LNF sensor into a stock LDK manifold it's a few hairs too big for ldk hole. I think I can post pictures later if I find the stock 3 bar o ring.

Anyone have issues with K04 hitting the firewall when using stock LDK/LHU exhaust manifold and rotated rear trans mount? This is what mine looks like.
https://imgur.com/khfdr30
Old 03-22-2019, 08:28 PM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
The ldk manifold sits slightly higher if I remember right. Most guys use the lnf manifold.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by 63 Nova SS
The ldk manifold sits slightly higher if I remember right. Most guys use the lnf manifold.
yeah, I learned this too late and no longer have my lnf manifold. looking to see if anyone else used the ldk manifold to see what their experience was like.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:46 PM

Received 222 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel Rangel
A friend of mine installed it!! I thought because the alarm is not working now, it must have something to do with it! Everything seems to be back where it’s supposed to be!! It has spark, fuel lines are good! It’s just weird! It cranks but won’t tired up

check all the connections at your fuse box. one of the tabs could have got bent down