08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

Has anyone let K&N use their vehicle for development?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone let K&N use their vehicle for development?

If so, how did it go? Planning on letting them use my 09' TC to develop an intake.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by splitintlss
If so, how did it go? Planning on letting them use my 09' TC to develop an intake.

Tell them you have a way of saving them huge amounts of money developing the intake .
Make them give you the money first , then tell them . DON'T even try

How many SS lnfs do you think are even produced ? with the amount of crappy vendors selling intakes that throw codes , ruin turbos, leak air , bad MAF placement skew the MAF sensors why would they? A very well known trusted intake systems supplier even want to tear into such a thing and ruin their good name ??

Bad merketing gurus or obviously they don't know how to do a google search ! This isn't exzactly just a carb they are dealing with . It's a very safisticated piece of machinery .
let us know if they actually contact you again about R&D this would be a new interesting intake to add to the mix of crap everyone else sells advertising 15HP GAINS more like 15 hp losses .. Testing an Intake for 5 minutes on a dyno and calling it good doesn't float my boat and most people here I think will tell you they better have some damn good statistical data that shows it being a worthy intake before most of us even consider buying it. IMHO

The whole intake thing just gets on my nerves man . nothing against you or K&N i gotta drop in right now .. someday I might see my CIA .. Maybe I will be replacing it with a K&N someday
Old 09-04-2009, 12:12 AM

Umm if they already used somone else TC for an intake...why would they need yours?
Old 09-04-2009, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by PrincessTurbo
Tell them you have a way of saving them huge amounts of money developing the intake .
Make them give you the money first , then tell them . DON'T even try

How many SS lnfs do you think are even produced ? with the amount of crappy vendors selling intakes that throw codes , ruin turbos, leak air , bad MAF placement skew the MAF sensors why would they? A very well known trusted intake systems supplier even want to tear into such a thing and ruin their good name ??

Bad merketing gurus or obviously they don't know how to do a google search ! This isn't exzactly just a carb they are dealing with . It's a very safisticated piece of machinery .
let us know if they actually contact you again about R&D this would be a new interesting intake to add to the mix of crap everyone else sells advertising 15HP GAINS more like 15 hp losses .. Testing an Intake for 5 minutes on a dyno and calling it good doesn't float my boat and most people here I think will tell you they better have some damn good statistical data that shows it being a worthy intake before most of us even consider buying it. IMHO

The whole intake thing just gets on my nerves man . nothing against you or K&N i gotta drop in right now .. someday I might see my CIA .. Maybe I will be replacing it with a K&N someday
Yeah I understand what you are saying. They want the car for sure next week so we'll see what happens with it. Thanks for the input

Originally Posted by bri2203
Umm if they already used somone else TC for an intake...why would they need yours?
I'm asking if anyone has ever let them use any of their vehicles for R&D not specifically the SS/TC.

Last edited by splitintlss; 09-04-2009 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-04-2009, 12:03 PM

I let K&N use my old 1998 240sx to make an intake with.(the dyno charts on the site are of my car) they gave me a rental Durango which was nice and all but they told me i would get a free intake for letting them use my car and i never got it. i also couldnt get a hold of the guy who helped me, to try and get it straightened out. i was rather pissed.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Nismothecat
I let K&N use my old 1998 240sx to make an intake with.(the dyno charts on the site are of my car) they gave me a rental Durango which was nice and all but they told me i would get a free intake for letting them use my car and i never got it. i also couldnt get a hold of the guy who helped me, to try and get it straightened out. i was rather pissed.
You never received the intake? That is BS as it's the main reason for letting them use your vehicle. Anyone else have any experiences with this?
Old 09-04-2009, 02:21 PM

You never received the intake? That is BS as it's the main reason for letting them use your vehicle. Anyone else have any experiences with this?
nope, no intake, all i got was a K&N filter keychain that was on my keys when i picked it up. they said they would mail me the intake and i never got it. the guy i was talking to over there never returned my phone calls or anything. it may just be a fluke but it sucked for me.