08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

My "Buy a LNF they said..." Problem/Build Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange all the issues with the ZZP pipe. I know it's a pain in the ass to wiggle into the space it needs to fit in but I was able to get mine in and lined up without any issues. My whole charge pipe/BOV install took about an hour. Done it twice because I switched from stock to ottp, then ottp to ZZP.

In any event, nice to see ZZP doing that change for you. And I will say, I would prefer the pipe to be mass produced the way they are fixing it for you.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:54 AM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts
Spoke too soon. ZZP changed their mind about fixing the pipe for me because some one else bought it from them and then sold it to me. Awesome. I guess changing hands means they no longer give a ****. It is a design flaw, its not like I broke it and am asking them to fix it or anything like that. I can understand not warrantying a part that was resold because they broke it, but the damn piece does not even fit to be used...
Old 12-17-2014, 11:30 AM

Want to sell the LNF and join the STi movement?
Old 12-17-2014, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by G85 SS
Want to sell the LNF and join the STi movement?
I am getting to that point honestly. At first I did not care too much about the labor, now I am just pissed off because it is one thing after another. I am contemplating suing the original owner. I have a slew of proof he falsly represented the car, the parts on it, and the condition. I am going to run it by the family lawyer and if he says it is worth it I am going to file a small claims case against the dude for the cost of the clutch job and a monetary value for the misrepresentation. "as-is" does not imply when you deliberately lie when asked direct questions.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:57 AM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackSSstg2
Spoke too soon. ZZP changed their mind about fixing the pipe for me because some one else bought it from them and then sold it to me. Awesome. I guess changing hands means they no longer give a ****. It is a design flaw, its not like I broke it and am asking them to fix it or anything like that. I can understand not warrantying a part that was resold because they broke it, but the damn piece does not even fit to be used...
Not surprised. They don't take account for mis-produced pieces, one member had a pipe installed at ZZP and there was issues, wouldnt most business go oh **** they're probably all messed up lets QC the part we already over charge for
Old 12-17-2014, 12:48 PM

I am getting to that point honestly. At first I did not care too much about the labor, now I am just pissed off because it is one thing after another. I am contemplating suing the original owner. I have a slew of proof he falsly represented the car, the parts on it, and the condition. I am going to run it by the family lawyer and if he says it is worth it I am going to file a small claims case against the dude for the cost of the clutch job and a monetary value for the misrepresentation. "as-is" does not imply when you deliberately lie when asked direct questions.
One would think that you should at least be informed of possible issues. On the same token if something completely new arises that's one of hose things that happens with a vehicle.

Did you notice anything when you took the vehicle for a test drive?
Old 12-17-2014, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by ECaulk
Not surprised. They don't take account for mis-produced pieces, one member had a pipe installed at ZZP and there was issues, wouldnt most business go oh **** they're probably all messed up lets QC the part we already over charge for
You would think.

Matt emailed me back and told me they will send me a coupler for $28 shipped. Guess thats the best I am going to get. Its not what I had hoped, or what they said prior, but whatever. Service after the sale lacks in today's age anyways. I was pretty stoked for a second when they told me to send it back and they would cut the pipe, bead roll it, and send it back with a new coupler and MAP o-rings.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:03 PM

What about taking the pipe to a local speed shop to get cut and bead rolled? There's a bunch of places locally in Orlando that would do that... But I understand the fact of spending more money you probably don't have anymore.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:05 PM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
I put mine in yesterday and had no problems whats so ever. Actually had more problems with the clamps on the upper and trying to align it correctly
Old 12-17-2014, 02:06 PM

I am going to epoxy the coupler onto the pipe.

It is more about principle. I sent them pics, they know it is their pipe, they can see it DOES NOT FIT, and several people have this issue. They went from willing to hook me up on fixing it to telling me too bad as soon as they found a way to quote some policy. It is treatment like this that make people turn to other companies when they need something...
Old 12-17-2014, 02:10 PM

Josh (OTTP) used to offer voided bushings for his stage 2 rotated mounts; the other option was solid. I bought them from him with voided bushings. About 2 months later the bushing were torn up and my motor was rocking back and forth. I sent him and email to get new ones. He, about 2 weeks eariler, discontinued the voided option because they tore so quickly. Before even emailing me back he put 2 of the new, solid version, bushings in a box of parts that he was already sending me from a new order. He emailed me back to tell me that he took care of it. THAT is customer service. That is why I shop OTTP. I should have just been patient and bought a lower CP from Josh, but instead I was impatient and grabbed the crappy part I have now and my reward for being overzealous is my situation with it.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am going to epoxy the coupler onto the pipe.

It is more about principle. I sent them pics, they know it is their pipe, they can see it DOES NOT FIT, and several people have this issue. They went from willing to hook me up on fixing it to telling me too bad as soon as they found a way to quote some policy. It is treatment like this that make people turn to other companies when they need something...
Use something flexible like E6000 not epoxy.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:34 AM

Mongo shipped my parts. They should arrive Saturday. Car should be operational as soon as they arrive. All I have left its to:

Install pass side knuckle and accessories to it
Attach steering shaft to rack
Attach transmission cables
Install BPS from my SS/SC
Bleed the brakes and clutch
Install OEM lower charge pipe again

Start car and drive.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:41 AM

Here's to hoping all goes well with that.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:46 AM

Here's to hoping all goes well with that.

Thank you.

I hope so too considering I am about to be without a car lol.

Also, I watched a youtube videa and am making my own bead roller. I am just going to do what ZZP said they would and then retracted myself. I paid them their stupid $28 for my couplers and o-rings. Sour taste in my mouth over that whole ordeal, but whatever. At this point I just want my **** so I can get my car back. I also ordered the flange for my Synapse and found a guy to weld it. Probably wont install the BOV, block off, and lower IC until after the new year because I am sick of working on this car right now. I just want to break the clutch in and go butt hurt some v8's.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
hope all goes well dude; know i haven't posted much in here but damn what a situation you've been through. i'd be very interested to hear how a claim goes against the seller.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by riceburner
hope all goes well dude; know i haven't posted much in here but damn what a situation you've been through. i'd be very interested to hear how a claim goes against the seller.
Sadly probably not much of anywhere. When buying a car private party that's a risk one takes. And it's almost irrelevant what the guy said because you would play hell and a half trying to prove he knew of the issues before selling and informing you there were no issues.

Sellers market for sure but still a shitty situation regardless. And unfortunate for sure. That's why to protect myself as a seller I did things like get an oil change on it, have it thrown on a lift for purchaser inspection and went above and beyond by putting new tires and brake rotors on. A small expense to avoid a huge headache down the road.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:52 AM
Jedi Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mongo shipped my parts. They should arrive Saturday. Car should be operational as soon as they arrive. All I have left its to:

Install pass side knuckle and accessories to it
Attach steering shaft to rack
Attach transmission cables
Install BPS from my SS/SC
Bleed the brakes and clutch
Install OEM lower charge pipe again

Start car and drive.
Glad to see your about to finish up. Let us know how the drive goes
Old 12-18-2014, 10:56 AM

Sadly probably not much of anywhere. When buying a car private party that's a risk one takes. And it's almost irrelevant what the guy said because you would play hell and a half trying to prove he knew of the issues before selling and informing you there were no issues.

Sellers market for sure but still a shitty situation regardless. And unfortunate for sure. That's why to protect myself as a seller I did things like get an oil change on it, have it thrown on a lift for purchaser inspection and went above and beyond by putting new tires and brake rotors on. A small expense to avoid a huge headache down the road.
I have texts and emails where he put in writing that things where replaced at certain times and then contradicting that. As-is is one thing, but you cannot lie to someone outright.

Originally Posted by Tsbbzm
Glad to see your about to finish up. Let us know how the drive goes
Will do.

Last edited by blueLNFftw; 12-18-2014 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-18-2014, 11:09 AM

Well then that's a different story. As long as you keep the paperwork/emails. I know I made a bill of sale out with the car and mileage. Along with the agreed upon price. Also keeping all the original repaid orders for the tires and brakes too.

I know I went way beyond what I had to do as a seller private party but I'm looking at protecting myself and the buyer because the last thing I want is to end up and judge Judy... Which by the way... You should do!

Either way you get something out of the deal. Unless she gives a judgement on the counterclaim of 5 grand. Even if you don't get a judgement you get paid for being on the show. Haha
Old 12-18-2014, 11:15 AM

Yea, I kept everything. He stopped answering me when I called him out on all the bolts and **** the car was missing though.

We will see what the lawyer says about it.

Meanwhile my ABS light popped on so I told my buyer that I am replacing the bad wheel bearing sensor before he can pick up the car...

Last edited by blueLNFftw; 12-18-2014 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-18-2014, 11:47 AM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
Man good luck with everything
Old 12-18-2014, 01:04 PM

On which car?
Old 12-18-2014, 01:14 PM

On which car?
My SS/SC
I am still driving it and the ABS light popped on yesterday. Scanned it, bad drivers side rear sensor. Texted the guy buying my car, told him, and then I ordered the part so that I can replace it before he picks it up.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My SS/SC
I am still driving it and the ABS light popped on yesterday. Scanned it, bad drivers side rear sensor. Texted the guy buying my car, told him, and then I ordered the part so that I can replace it before he picks it up.
That's good most people would be like sorry about your luck.

Quick Reply: My "Buy a LNF they said..." Problem/Build Thread.