Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/08-10-ss-turbocharged-general-discussion-152/)
-   -   Quick question! (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/08-10-ss-turbocharged-general-discussion-152/quick-question-291281/)

cobaltzer 12-24-2012 05:44 PM

Quick question!

Hey guys, i'll be getting an ass in the spring here and have been reading a lot of the stuff on here. I've decided to get a k&n typhoon intake, turboxs catted downpipe and turbosx fl catback exhaust. Now, with everyone saying you should get a tune for all of these things, how do you suugest i go upon doing so with the tune? Trifecta? Or gm stg1? If i email vince or whatever do i tell him the mods i got for the car and he'll program the tune for those mods? I'm looking for like 20-21psi to be safe. Thanks guys

EXsoccer1921 12-24-2012 05:49 PM

why would you put all that stuff on your ass?

mexi_loco 12-24-2012 05:49 PM

if you want to keep your warranty, most likely stick with the gm stage tune. I would recommend contacting an HP Tuner instead of Vince for a custom tune. That should make you happy with your ss/tc.

BTW, good luck with that new ass of yours :)

jHarris8822 12-24-2012 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921 (Post 6852517)
why would you put all that stuff on your ass?

haha glad im not the only one who saw that. and OP, ive never had my current car tuned so sorry i dont know what to tell you as far as who to go to, but i would suggest getting an actual dyno tune done, that way its more accurate. even same cars with same mods can put out different numbers so even though its more expensive, its worth it for the best/most efficient results

Sox-Fan 12-24-2012 06:08 PM

You can email Vince with your mod list and what you want out of your tune he'll tune to that. That's exactly what I did and I got exactly what I asked for in return. Dyno tunes are great if you drive on a dyno.

cobaltzer 12-24-2012 06:21 PM

Well i have a tuner near me who i heard is good with subaru and mitsu, but have never asked if he tunes lnf. If he does would i just have him tune it on his dyno with the mods on it and i would be good?

Sox-Fan 12-24-2012 06:35 PM

You have someone that you think might be good with Subarus and you want him to tune your Cobalt which uses a different ECM.

Say that out loud and listen to yourself saying it, then go from there.

09CobaltSS1 12-24-2012 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltzer (Post 6852550)
Well i have a tuner near me who i heard is good with subaru and mitsu, but have never asked if he tunes lnf. If he does would i just have him tune it on his dyno with the mods on it and i would be good?

Where in NY are you located? I'm not very far from the CT/NY line, if you're anywhere around that area I could help you out.

Sox-Fan 12-24-2012 06:49 PM

^^ Do this.

09CobaltSS1 12-24-2012 06:55 PM

^^good lookin brotha

Sox-Fan 12-24-2012 07:02 PM

Thanks!

cobaltzer 12-24-2012 07:05 PM

Ok then i'll just get trifecta tuned by vince. Where do i start with this? What do i buy and where from? thanks guys and sorry for all the noobish stuff im just new to all of this and am trying to learn as fast as possible

09CobaltSS1 12-24-2012 07:08 PM

Or you can just ignore my question and not take me up on my offer which will cost you half of what trifecta will cost.. lol

dakotaspeir 12-24-2012 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by 09CobaltSS1 (Post 6852588)
Or you can just ignore my question and not take me up on my offer which will cost you half of what trifecta will cost.. lol

Yes lol very true

Sox-Fan 12-24-2012 07:35 PM

I've used Trifecta. I like Trifecta. But when someone that seriously knows their shit offers to help you out? If you're anywhere within driving range jump on that.

If you're not within driving range you can email Vince at vince@trifectaperformance.com and ask him any questions you have.

Sevensix9 12-24-2012 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltzer (Post 6852585)
Ok then i'll just get trifecta tuned by vince. Where do i start with this? What do i buy and where from? thanks guys and sorry for all the noobish stuff im just new to all of this and am trying to learn as fast as possible

Time for the resident jerk to get involved, Dave, I apologize for what I'm about to say.

DUDE! Are you Helen Keller, retarded, dumb, or just plain inbred hick? I read where you just said you were trying to learn as fast as possible, not gonna happen if you don't open you're eyes and read.... I'm glad you grasped the concept of not letting someone with no LNF experience tune your car, seriously clap for yourself that was a major discovery. You have two ways to go with tuning Trifecta or HPtuners, the best result for you would be to get dyno/face2face tuned there is a guy offering to help you out in those regards and you completely ignore the option, who are you really? Ray Charles?

Do you know the differences in Trifecta tunes vs HP Tunes? That's where I would start, there are major pro's and con's to both options.

-Alex

Sox-Fan 12-24-2012 08:45 PM

Lol, Alex.....

cobaltzer 12-24-2012 08:49 PM

Sorry..but i'm not really in driving distance thats why it was being ignored...I'm in buffalo ny..

09CobaltSS1 12-24-2012 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltzer (Post 6852665)
Sorry..but i'm not really in driving distance thats why it was being ignored...I'm in buffalo ny..

Fair enough, but at least be courteous enough to respond to someone who's willing and looking to help out. ;)

cobaltzer 12-25-2012 01:27 AM

But I am not getting this car until march and if everything checks out like its supposed to i might have to get in touch with you. thanks man