08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

Too Late to the Party?

Old 06-05-2008, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too Late to the Party?

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm too late to the SS/TC party. I didn't realize I wanted one until late in the month of May. Because of my hesitation I couldn't order an '08 and had to settle for an '09. I just got a call from my dealer letting me know that the order went in today (apparently orders can only happen on Thursday - Saturday).

I'm assuming I wont see my Cobalt until sometime in August (8 weeks?!?). Anyone else slow enough to get screwed with the wait for an '09? When do you think you're gonna get yours?
Old 06-05-2008, 04:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its worth the wait coupe or sedan?
Old 06-05-2008, 04:38 PM
MaJ

Originally Posted by kazinova
I'm beginning to wonder if I'm too late to the SS/TC party. I didn't realize I wanted one until late in the month of May. Because of my hesitation I couldn't order an '08 and had to settle for an '09. I just got a call from my dealer letting me know that the order went in today (apparently orders can only happen on Thursday - Saturday).

I'm assuming I wont see my Cobalt until sometime in August (8 weeks?!?). Anyone else slow enough to get screwed with the wait for an '09? When do you think you're gonna get yours?
I will be waiting for the '09 by choice.
The dealer has 5 '08 "in transit" which will be here in 1-3 weeks which I can take a look over and decide, but I'm confident at this point I'm going to wait for the 09 model.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:39 PM

get a summit white SSTC. TEH SEX!!
Old 06-05-2008, 05:08 PM

The 09's will be out before August . I dont think youll wait as long as u think your gonna have to . In 2006 my local dealers got 07 SS's early in July . And their not relaunching the car as a new model like the 2008's so the model changeover at the factory should be drama free .
Old 06-05-2008, 05:09 PM

there's two of them at joseph chevrolet on colerain avenue. one is red and one is black..
Old 06-05-2008, 05:13 PM

I ordered my 08 in early/mid May...was told the next week that orders were no longer accepted, but mine got to the "order accepted" level. Kind of waiting to see now if it progresses to "we gonna build the damn thing" level. But it hasn't been kicked out yet!
Old 06-05-2008, 05:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I decided yesterday.

I pick mine up tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:47 PM

Ok so what are half of you doing here for getting the new SS/TC's? Obviously most of you are already Cobalt owners, but are you just gonna get screwed on a trade or are you out of your contract already? I just bought an 08 Sport and I'd hate to think how much I'd get raped on a trade let alone what half of you are doing if your not out of your contract yet.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:00 AM

i just ordered my 08 on sunday, im still waiting for it but the dealer said it will be here in a week. that sucks you have to wait that long man.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by rockin_cj
Ok so what are half of you doing here for getting the new SS/TC's? Obviously most of you are already Cobalt owners, but are you just gonna get screwed on a trade or are you out of your contract already? I just bought an 08 Sport and I'd hate to think how much I'd get raped on a trade let alone what half of you are doing if your not out of your contract yet.
Why would you get raped on a trade? I plan on just trading my 08 sport in (it will be roughly 5 months old with 5000 km) and putting some more money down and my payments will be roughly the same.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Austyn_Balt
Why would you get raped on a trade? I plan on just trading my 08 sport in (it will be roughly 5 months old with 5000 km) and putting some more money down and my payments will be roughly the same.
Its just extra money you don't need to be spending. Yes its a nice car and I would like one myself but there are other priorites in life than your vehicle. It is YOUR life, I'm not trying to dictate your life either, this is just how I see things.

Don't give me the "I've got cake" statement either, because if you did, you wouldn't be buying a cobalt.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it and wanting to get the latest and greatest. I did that for far too long and always being short on change sucks ass.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:18 PM

Its just extra money you don't need to be spending. Yes its a nice car and I would like one myself but there are other priorites in life than your vehicle. It is YOUR life, I'm not trying to dictate your life either, this is just how I see things.

Don't give me the "I've got cake" statement either, because if you did, you wouldn't be buying a cobalt.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it and wanting to get the latest and greatest. I did that for far too long and always being short on change sucks ass.
Well **** your priorities then!

I am totally fucked. I have always had sporty cars and I bought my SUV in Dec of 06 to drive like less of an *******. That worked, but the thing has plummeted in value even though the she is in glorious condition. Not to mention the fact that I would miss it come the first big snow or desire to do some mild of roading.

The whole car market new and used is pretty rough for sellers right now.

Last edited by MapOfTaziFoSho; 07-04-2008 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:19 PM

I would love to have another cobalt too. I have to pay the Monte off first
Old 07-03-2008, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Austyn_Balt
if you dont think you will get raped on the trade you have another thing coming my friend. the cobalt does not hold its value.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:12 PM

man dont worry, as long as you get a wicked ride, i gotta wait til next summer to get mine due to financial issues
Old 07-04-2008, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by MapOfTaziFoSho
The whole car market new and used is pretty rough for sellers right now.
Like it always has been? Especially when you buy a car under 30g, its not going to hold its value very well.

Just keep the 08 sport and put a turbo on that thing, youl end up paying the same as the difference you get screwed on trading it in for an SS/TC and youl have a faster car. Maybe if not faster, you can at least have a car that dosn't have the same horrible turbo lag as the SS/TC.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:25 AM

Like it always has been? Especially when you buy a car under 30g, its not going to hold its value very well.

Just keep the 08 sport and put a turbo on that thing, youl end up paying the same as the difference you get screwed on trading it in for an SS/TC and youl have a faster car. Maybe if not faster, you can at least have a car that dosn't have the same horrible turbo lag as the SS/TC.

You have NOT A CLUE as to what you are talking about. This has to be the most ignorant **** I have read on this board thus far.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:08 PM

You have NOT A CLUE as to what you are talking about. This has to be the most ignorant **** I have read on this board thus far.
And considering you have 90 posts, you have tonnes of experience.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
90 and 123 are not far off. Besides, it's membership time, NOT post count that makes a difference
Old 07-04-2008, 02:00 PM

And considering you have 90 posts, you have tonnes of experience.
Yeah, no kidding. You can't spell, you seem to know nothing about used car sales, and it is blatantly obvious that you know nothing about modifying cars.

I mean seriously you think my post count over the past month is the only representation of my automotive knowledge...you have got to be kidding me...
Old 07-04-2008, 02:29 PM

Yeah, no kidding. You can't spell, you seem to know nothing about used car sales, and it is blatantly obvious that you know nothing about modifying cars.

I mean seriously you think my post count over the past month is the only representation of my automotive knowledge...you have got to be kidding me...
No, I was just stating that only having 90 posts here and saying its the most ignorant thing you have heard here, is like a 2 year old saying "I've never heard such sillyness in my life!"

Why, you feel threatened or something? If you know as much as you say you do, you wouldn't have to try and prove it to me. You could just laugh and go "silly ricer.." and everything would be A-OK in your world.

If my speeeeeling and talk about modifying stuff angers you, I'd recomend finding something else to do with your time other than forums.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:57 PM

Seriously, that come back was something straight out of a 6 year old's mouth. Grow up, these cars have a demand and will hold their resale value pretty well considering they are the best bang for the buck in their segment and they have set a record at the nurburgring for a fwd single lap.

Oh, and I know I have 49 posts. I must be a newb.........that's been here since 04 lol

Last edited by titaniumss; 07-04-2008 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-04-2008, 06:25 PM

I thought the turbo lag on the ss/tc wasn't bad at all...
Old 07-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Former Vendor

No one who buys this car will regret it. It is a quantum leap forward in so many ways. Even the motoring press, who rarely have love for domestics, are falling over themselves to praise it. Get it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Too Late to the Party?