Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/08-10-ss-turbocharged-general-discussion-152/)
-   -   When did you get here? (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/08-10-ss-turbocharged-general-discussion-152/when-did-you-get-here-144919/)

RBC 12-02-2008 01:54 PM

When did you get here?

There has been allot of people as of late saying that the SS/TC has brought cobaltss.net down by bringing "douche bags" or negative members to our site. So I would like to know how many people bought there car then joined this site or were already on here and owned a cobalt before hand.

SSsteve 12-02-2008 01:55 PM

i bought and then joined......im a strawberry douche

but i did check the site out before i bought. if that means anything =)

Bodychecker628 12-02-2008 01:56 PM

Was on here before I got car to look stuff up on it.... been a member for 1.5 years

killalee4 12-02-2008 01:59 PM

Owned one and was already here.

cobalt_ss187 12-02-2008 01:59 PM

join this forum before I bought my car. Thats to bad if thats really how people feel

RBC 12-02-2008 01:59 PM

poll is up

mkulrey13 12-02-2008 01:59 PM

one of the orginals.... 05 baby!

RuSSo-29 12-02-2008 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by mkulrey13 (Post 3156380)

Yeaa boy!

Woops, this was my 2nd name actually....

Co27SSKid 12-02-2008 02:05 PM

This was my 1ST! :twothumbs

Member 1,451 !!!!!

hatrickstu 12-02-2008 02:05 PM

been here for a while. the site does suck now, whether its due to the TC is up for debate

Scythe_Snake 12-02-2008 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by cobalt_ss187 (Post 3156376)
join this forum before I bought my car. Thats to bad if thats really how people feel

Can you blame us? Look at how often the SC gets totally bashed now and how many people talk shit about other people in their SAME community. If the SC owners wanted to get bashed, we could go to a SRT-4 or Mistsubishi forum and post pics and stuff.

Originally Posted by RBC (Post 3156352)
There has been allot of people as of late saying that the SS/TC has brought cobaltss.net down by bringing "douche bags" or negative members to our site. So I would like to know how many people bought there car then joined this site or were already on here and owned a cobalt before hand.

I'm curious to see these results. Good thread.

PS been here for a while. Not quite original, but a year after.

95cam86roc 12-02-2008 02:22 PM

I bought my ss/sc n then joined.

ionit3 12-02-2008 02:24 PM

i dont have a cobalt :-D always wanted one, but to cheap so bought an ion instead, basically same thing just less aftermarket

thehov 12-02-2008 02:26 PM

Same thing happend on Nasioc.com, all the "original" Subaru Impreza 2.5rs owners said that the WRX crowd ruined the boards. But now there are few 2.5rs owners around.....

As for this forum I, it is what it is.....

cblt12 12-02-2008 02:29 PM

right there w/ ya

afireinside7710 12-02-2008 02:37 PM

what about being here for 2 years before owning a cobalt?

williamhvx1 12-02-2008 02:40 PM

lot ppl mising for real, i guess bad economy keep ppl busy or with out internet service?

SS4EVER 12-02-2008 02:47 PM

Forums change over time. I had checked out the forums occasionally back in 06 and 07, but didn't actually join until the beginning of this year.

I wouldn't say any of the SS/TC owners have brought more douches to this site though. Believe me most of them were already here prior... :lol:

As an SS/SC owner, well soon not to be anymore (but not getting a SS/TC) I'll probably still be active on the forum and I'm not going anywhere, but it's like with siblings all the other beef between the Cobalt SS/NA and the SS/SC, well now there's a new kid in the house, the SS/TC all still Cobalt SS's but let's find a way to get along. :)

TrevMo 12-02-2008 02:51 PM

I joined right after I made plans to get my hands on an SS/TC. I would not say that the SS/TC guys hate the SS/SC cars, it is just that most of the SS/SC guys won't admit that GM made MANY improvements on the next generation SS and won't admit that the SS/TC is a superior car. If everyone would just agree that it is a better product, people will be more willing to play nice. Everyone thinks their car is the best, even if it is not.

REIGN SS 12-02-2008 02:53 PM

There were plenty of douche bags here before the TC came out, and there will be many more to come :lol:

Scythe_Snake 12-02-2008 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by TrevMo (Post 3156575)
I joined right after I made plans to get my hands on an SS/TC. I would not say that the SS/TC guys hate the SS/SC cars, it is just that most of the SS/SC guys won't admit that GM made MANY improvements on the next generation SS and won't admit that the SS/TC is a superior car. If everyone would just agree that it is a better product, people will be more willing to play nice. Everyone thinks their car is the best, even if it is not.

No this is not the case. Its the egos and the superiority complex of you SS/TC owners that makes us so damn defensive. Just like in this post "everything would be ok if the sc owners admitted that our car is way better than theirs" is the EXACT problem I am talking about.

You guys bash us and make us feel shitty about our cars, then talk about how high and mighty and great your ss/tc's are. And then you get cocky and act like douche bags instead of treating every member with respect.

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Point proven yet again.

Tazmanian_Dvl 12-02-2008 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by RBC (Post 3156352)

There are certain people around that make me tend to agree with this statement...

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake (Post 3156587)
No this is not the case. Its the egos and the superiority complex of you SS/TC owners that makes us so damn defensive. Just like in this post "everything would be ok if the sc owners admitted that our car is way better than theirs" is the EXACT problem I am talking about.

You guys bash us and make us feel shitty about our cars, then talk about how high and mighty and great your ss/tc's are. And then you get cocky and act like douche bags instead of treating every member with respect.

QFT!!!

monkeiboy 12-02-2008 03:01 PM

I'm not sure what I'm being polled about here, Chad.

I haven't really noticed any massive increases in douchery as of late. It's been pretty rampant for as long as I can remember.

cblt12 12-02-2008 03:02 PM

qft!:twothumbs

monkeiboy 12-02-2008 03:04 PM

Ah. I do remember this argument though between SS/NA and SS/SC owners. I can't say that I don't feel a smidge vindicated that the some of the same guys that bashed 2.4l Cobalts are now feeling the same sense of bullshit.