08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

Why does everyone hate the SS interior/body?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that almost looks like charcoal lol
Old 07-30-2008, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rissa
que?
people hate on the SS's interior because it raped their mothers
Old 07-30-2008, 05:29 PM

Ohhh yeah, damn that had to hurt.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:32 PM

that almost looks like charcoal lol
It's not so much how the image is made, as it is what the image conveys that's important.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:35 PM

lol i know :P
Old 07-30-2008, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by et00
Every review its the same story. The body is outdated and the interior is "cheap".

Am I the only one that likes the style? No its not redesigned I get it. Still love the seats, the front end, and the spoiler. I don't need all those pretty bells and whistles that will crack and fall off in 3 years. Not really into hatchbacks and the Si looks kinda weird with such a small hood imo...

Still I have to bash the cupholders. WTF chevy? They are the exact same ones as my 96' s10. Must have a warehouse full of em... <end rant>
The si has a a hood? I though that was a large bumper...

This car is too awesome, end story.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by firemanfrank

ME- "Wow man, you really blew past me with your (insert vehicle here)."

OTHER PERSON- "Yeah, my car is fassst !"

ME- "Oh Yeah! But my car's interior will beat your car's interior any day of the week!"

Sounds like it could be conversation at my local A*di Club track day. Seriously.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:42 PM
Banned

i do beleive if you dont pull on the dash peices they will not come off as easy, along the same lines where you dont kick the car unless you have a good reason to.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Performance > interior quality any day
if you pull at any car's interior long enough it will fall apart
So what you are saying is you are gonna rip out your carpet, sound deadening, interior panels/trim, and replace the stock seats w/ racing aluminum ones?
Old 07-31-2008, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by krispy
So what you are saying is you are gonna rip out your carpet, sound deadening, interior panels/trim, and replace the stock seats w/ racing aluminum ones?
huh?
Old 07-31-2008, 03:08 PM

By kibosh3, shot with N95 8GB at 2008-07-17

By kibosh3, shot with N95 8GB at 2008-07-17

nothing wrong with this...other than my tacky floor matts...but its a money issue

i think for the price we paid for these vehicles, its good value
Old 07-31-2008, 03:52 PM

huh?
nothing, just what people crazy about max performance do
Old 07-31-2008, 04:38 PM

i dont think people bought these cars for the interior or exterior, i think it was the awesome performance to dollar ratio. but i do understand why people want a nice interior. when you drive the car all you see is the interior.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i don't get it either. it's not like all the other cars in the class are worlds better as far as fit and finish.

yes, there are a few parts where you can tell the bean counters got to it, but it's also a car that sells for like 12 grand.

it is what it is.

as far as features... when i looked for my car in 2006, lets look at comparable cars.

honda civic, toyota corolla, nissan sentra, ford focus.

none of them had automatic headlamps, speed sensing wipers/radio, tracion control (on A/T), the ford had ABS, but none of the others.

shrug, features?
Old 07-31-2008, 05:30 PM

Go look at the new evo. And people say our interior is cheap or **** or whatever. I know it is supposed to be a performance car but for something that cost almost 35g's. Now that is a shitty interior
Old 07-31-2008, 05:32 PM

i love the car i think it looks great and i the interior is great
Old 07-31-2008, 06:00 PM

I had an SS/SC i cleaned my interior every week because i liked keeping it clean, never had a scratch anywhere on the interior the floor mat on driver side was a tad bit worn but thats why its there. My car got totaled so i leased a $30,000 Dodge Dakota shittiest piece of **** i have ever drove in my life, the interior was garbage and got stained from snow sitting on it, the floor mats were **** when i turned it in at a year 8 months, that huge plastic bumper on the front broke from me hitting a poofy white snow bank and by poofy i mean i hit and it was snowy dust at 5 mph and the **** broke, not to mention the truck was slower than a retarded kid attempting the watermelon crawl dance on his face!!! Oh yeah and it was 30,000 dollars the retail price. So to me going from a SS/SC to that truck was like leaving a Porsche to a ford festiva, and i bought another SS its an N/A but you know what i couldnt be more happier its not the fastest (right now) and the interior maybe shitty to some of you BUT TRY DRIVING A F*CKING DODGE DAKOTA SLT V6 FOR 2 YEARS FROM YOUR BALT AND I BET YOU FEEL LIKE YOU JUST SOLD YOUR LAMBORGHINI

Stop complaining about everything!!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 06:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CptTheAlex
I had an SS/SC i cleaned my interior every week because i liked keeping it clean, never had a scratch anywhere on the interior the floor mat on driver side was a tad bit worn but thats why its there. My car got totaled so i leased a $30,000 Dodge Dakota shittiest piece of **** i have ever drove in my life, the interior was garbage and got stained from snow sitting on it, the floor mats were **** when i turned it in at a year 8 months, that huge plastic bumper on the front broke from me hitting a poofy white snow bank and by poofy i mean i hit and it was snowy dust at 5 mph and the **** broke, not to mention the truck was slower than a retarded kid attempting the watermelon crawl dance on his face!!! Oh yeah and it was 30,000 dollars the retail price. So to me going from a SS/SC to that truck was like leaving a Porsche to a ford festiva, and i bought another SS its an N/A but you know what i couldnt be more happier its not the fastest (right now) and the interior maybe shitty to some of you BUT TRY DRIVING A F*CKING DODGE DAKOTA SLT V6 FOR 2 YEARS FROM YOUR BALT AND I BET YOU FEEL LIKE YOU JUST SOLD YOUR LAMBORGHINI

what you get for driving a dodge
Old 07-31-2008, 07:29 PM

Lol I think I definitely came across the wrong way when I started complaining about the cheap quality interior of the Cobalt... FireManFrank would agree with me...

Yeah, Any Chrysler interior now-a-days looks like crap... And same with the EVO, remember just like the Cobalt the EVO is just a really expensive beefed up version of its under 20k base model... And I agree completely with all of you...

But what I don't get is how in two years of babying my SS/SC, washing & cleaning the interior once a week... do I get my shift cap snapping off, a clothes hanger break, a hole wearing twice through my carpet (under the clutch), and my sun roof (plastic rail breaking)? I guess I just haven't had the best luck with this car...

But I never said I thought the interior looked shitty... I think it looks fine, and I like it for a little economy compact... but the quality of the plastics could be better and I don't think anyone can disagree with me on that...
Old 07-31-2008, 08:22 PM

I could care less about the interior looking cheap. So what if its not the most stylish thing out there. Its more than competitive in its class. Personally I dont think any of them have that great an interior.

I traded in a Scion tC for this. I think that had a decent looking interior but people complained about it just as much as people do with this car. They said it had cheap painted dash that scratched just looking at it. The seats stained it they got wet in the rain. The carpet wore through. The dash texture holds dust worse than any other car Ive been in making it almost impossible to keep clean. The only problem I had was the seats stained.

I always ended up with Toyota Corollas when the tC was broken (it happened a lot). Those things have a very cheap interior. They have gaps everywhere and rattle after only a few hundred miles. It looks like it was designed and built by the same people that made my 96 Saturn.

I work at Honda and the Civic has the ugliest interior Ive every seen. The paint on the dash scratches worse than the Scion. A lot of people at Honda drive them because its a good car and they get a discount but they will also admit its one ugly car.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:34 PM

on mine after 2800 miles:

sunroof pulsates and makes an annoying noise w/o the shade closed
drivers side window just started making a grinding noise when going down from under 1/2 way down
airbag panel vibrates & causes noise
2 other distinct rattles I can't find
the door panel scuffs really easily if I accidently touch it w/ my foot when getting out
e-brake has a gouge on it that you can see when pulled up, its not from the panel that surrounds it either since I pulled that up and there are no burrs
I have about the same mileage.

No issues.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by ArrogantZ
I have about the same mileage.

No issues.
you aren't driving on Michigan roads
Old 07-31-2008, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by ls1fbody
they're jealous that chevy made an outstanding car. the plastic may be cheap, but if you're a serious driver the interior doesn't matter.
QFT!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by CptTheAlex

lmao this is so funny cuz I've been driving a v6 dakota slt for a couple years now and was looking at an 09 ss/tc. I never thought the truck was that bad but I guess its because I've never owned anything else. thanks for the insight and glad we have something in common
Old 08-01-2008, 01:10 AM

you aren't driving on Michigan roads
Your right I'm driving in the Los Angeles area, we have Earthquakes in this state.

Quick Reply: Why does everyone hate the SS interior/body?