2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Electical Probem PLEAS HELP!

Old 07-10-2017, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electical Probem PLEAS HELP!

Ok I have been having problems with my car since April of this year. Maybe this will help you with my timeline. I really need help. I originally had a power drain and after getting my battery check and alternator both came out bad. I had my alternator refurbished and put in a new battery. After two weeks my refurbished alternator started draining my battery. I went and bought one at Nappa. Come to find out that it wouldn't run so I returned it and ordered a AcDeco off amazon. Now when i put this one my new battery was no longer working so I had to get a new one. Now car was running good few a month and now my alternator is draining my battery again. When I put the acdeco one i replaced the ground wire. Is there anything else that it could be???

Anyone plz help, maybe someone has had this issue.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:25 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
alternator doesnt drain the battery, it should be charging it. If the alternator is not running then its not charging the battery and the battery is being drained by using the car. I dont know specs on our alternators but I would check the belt to the power pulley (or am I being old school and there is another way the alternator functions now?) My old car (00' Tiburon) the alternator ran off a belt.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:52 AM

The drive belt is also new. I replaced the tensioner and the drive belt a month ago
Old 07-10-2017, 10:20 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
the belt wasnt put on inside out, was it? I mean I dont expect that to ever happen lol.

You said you replaced the ground wire but what about the contacts for the alternator? Maybe you have a short. Check with a volt meter. Your issue may not be the alternator but somewhere between the battery and the alternator.

Last edited by CudaJoe; 07-10-2017 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:55 AM

well my drive belt is put on right. I was thinking it might be the connection.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
Well first check too see if ur getting a charge while running . see if ur getting 14 volts. That will tell u if it's ur altinator or if u need to check elsewhere. Id check at both the altinator and at the fuse box post and at the battery. If all that's good then ur issue is somewhere else, if u find it good too a certain point then say at the fuse box or batt u got 12 volts only, u know where too start. Post results of that

Search this Thread