2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

09cobaltss/tc wont start after cam replacement and valve cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09cobaltss/tc wont start after cam replacement and valve cleaning

I finally cleaned the valves as they needed it. During this time I decided to do some upgrades...one being the ZZP upgraded fuel lobe cam. I checked timing with the colored chain links. After putting everything back together, the car wont start. It turns over with no issue by hand and starter. Hpfp was primed and fuel is coming through the schrader valve when checked. Plugs pulled and are sparking. The car wont fire though. I was getting a code and found I put in the relay backwards. I can get codes when I pull a sensor during trouble shooting. When all is plugged in no codes though. I am hoping someone has an idea instead of me pulling everything apart. Help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:03 PM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Did you have the front cover off to confirm nothing slipped down low on chain? Also double check everything is plugged in, throttle body, MAF, MAP, HPFP, ect. Sounds stupid but so easy to miss something. When I did my valve cleaning mine wouldn't fire either. I cranked it many cycles, like 6 to ten seconds then rest and it just wouldn't fire until I probably had a good 1 minute total crank time on it. It may just need cranked a bit more?
Old 01-20-2017, 05:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Crankcase relearn? Just throwing that out there.

Any other pending codes not triggering the CEL?
Old 01-22-2017, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again checked everything but all plugged in. Tested Fuel Pressure regulator sensor ohms and at about .5 (was told this is in range). While cranking I can get a p0090 code for the fuel pressure regulator sensor (why I tested Ohms) and it is pending. That is the only pending code or any code currently. Is it the HPFP sensor or something else since the sensor is testing in its range? Thanks for the help