2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

For all my friends on here that love me so much...

Old 12-02-2014, 09:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kickasssss
Old 12-04-2014, 09:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Area47
two thumbs up and a boner.
One thumb up and two boners!!!!!
Old 12-04-2014, 12:13 PM

Received 287 Likes on 265 Posts
I love it! Very nice build and video!
Old 12-04-2014, 11:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
This is the only form of art that I understand and John is definitely an artist.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:43 PM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man we had our differences a long time ago but that work is amazing!
Old 12-05-2014, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921
Man we had our differences a long time ago but that work is amazing!
You know I was just gonna post this and not bother commenting again but I absolutely have to now.

I've been on dozens of forums over the years, from dirtbikes to cars to cameras and photography. It is SO freakin amazing to me seeing the different demographics on all the different forums. I have to say that I am also amazed and impressed with ALL of your comments on here.

THANKS GUYS!

As EXsoccer said, I think I probably battled with most all of you at some point years ago. I came on this site to learn as much as I could about the LNF, that's why I joined this forum. (I actually joined long before my profile says because they "lost" my profile/membership and I had to re-join the forum. Funny thing is I was able to use the exact same screen name and if you look really hard my old posts are still also here, they just don't show up when you search under my current profile. Weird.)

Anyway, I have to admit this wasn't the reaction I was expecting from you guys. It looks like there's been just a little bit of growing up we've ALL done since I've last been on here! lol. When I was on here I said a lot of things that at the time were against the common trends and obviously I met with a lot of opposition. Over time some of the things I tried to say have been accepted, others have still been considered bs. Oh well. I figured I tried, that's all I can do.

Any of you that know me know I'm passionate about cars and helping guys get the most out of theirs. I'm also VERY passionate about vendor feedback and accountability, which is what has gotten me in the most trouble on these forums. I wasn't happy with some of the things I saw ZZP doing and said it loud and clearly here. I have since found out that there are vendors that make ZZP look like a bunch of saints! I will say it here just for the record...

ZZP's customer service isn't great and I don't like some of their products, but they CERTAINLY have tried to be there for this community over the long haul. I give them credit for that.

Let's face it, the LNF is pretty much dead and your particular car model, along with mine, is absolutely dead. They're still here trying. You should be happy for that. That doesn't mean you should believe every word a vendor says as gospel though. Believe me, there are vendors that are a helluva lot better at making up total lies than ZZP. I actually don't ever remember ZZP lying about anything.(?)

Enough said about ZZP, I really didn't want to make this about them. This is about you guys and your response to my thread. I'm impressed. Your responses here were FAR more mature and objective than the responses on my fellow "Kappa" forums. FWIW, I'm no longer on any of the three Kappa forums. A certain vendor (not ZZP) had me banned from 2 of them and I quit the third because I just couldn't take the level of retardation going on there. If any of you guys still want to read some of the things I'm saying, I'm mostly down to just two forums, the HPTuners and CTS-V Owners forums. For the most part, the HPTuners forum guys have always had two main objectives for being on that forum, to learn and share their discoveries. I've always appreciated the level of knowledge and maturity on there. (And BTW Matt M, I HAVE changed. I will not respond to anything that I consider solely posted to start a battle. I saw your post. I will not reply and I respectfully ask that you do not use that forum for battling.)

The other forum, the CTS-V Owners forum, is AWESOME! If you guys want to surf around on another car forum, check that one out. Look for the thread where they have all their dyno numbers listed, there's HUNDREDS of modded cars on that site. Those guys pretty much tell new members they better start modding for more power or get out! For the most part it's full of hella smart, cool guys (and girls!) that have hella bitchin cars. I'm proud to be a part of that forum.

Thanks again guys, I REALLY do appreciate the comments and I was honestly BLOWN AWAY at the way this thread went. The biggest reason I battled on here years ago was because I always thought this forum had value. It's cool to see that it still seems to. Good job guys and keep modding the cr@p out of those Cobalts! The C7 Vette/ LT1 guys are just now trying to catch up to what we all learned years ago about Direct Injection tuning. Consider yourselves ahead of the curve on that respect. Because of sites like this one and the HPTuners forum, we ALL learned A TON about tuning and modding one of the most advanced engines to date. If those LT1 guys had a turbo and variable valve timing to deal with in addition to Direct Injection, they'd be totally lost!

John
Old 12-05-2014, 01:08 PM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
oh man thats badass.

That supercharger whine is addicting. I wish I had the tools to do something like this
Old 12-05-2014, 11:42 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
John your car setup is epic and your threads/comments over at hptuners on the LNF are awesome, finally getting my idle smoothed out (still have a bit of work to get your smooth idle timing)
Old 12-06-2014, 12:10 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
I just discovered there's a distinct lack of LSA in my life....like there's a hole there.

That thing is epic John, great work!
Old 12-06-2014, 03:30 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Holey **** nice!
Old 12-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
John- As I said in the other forum- this is very nice work and I can appreciate the patience and knowledge required to complete a build at this level.

I'm glad that you are at least giving ZZP some credit here. We run a relaxed, unorthodox business that is likely the opposite of what you are used to, so it may come across as unprofessional or inexperienced to you based on your typical thought process. I can assure you that there is far more talent in this building than you would have expected, and we are evolving into a big name player in the performance industry.

As far as your statement, "And BTW Matt M, I HAVE changed. I will not respond to anything that I consider solely posted to start a battle. I saw your post. I will not reply and I respectfully ask that you do not use that forum for battling.", this is my response- If you don't want a battle with ZZP, don't go on a public forum and post, "ZZP's setup is garbage. Stupidest idea I've ever seen..." Once you can realize that you are the one instigating the battle by making statements like that, then you will be much better off.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW... that is an amazing piece of work! Well done!