2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

All You Need to Know About Different Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crypticscifer
Term/Tom.g here are some more tunes available to be added on the first page.

http://cobalt.dejonpowerhouse.com/
Sounds like these guys just tune via HP Tuners therefore it really isn't a different tune, just a different tuner.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by tom.g
Sounds like these guys just tune via HP Tuners therefore it really isn't a different tune, just a different tuner.
True, but wouldn't that be the same for the ZZP tune then, I mean they used HP tuners and if you grabbed the tune off the ECU it would be the same thing.

and what about Lyndon Wester's tune....lol

Also should the CEL's be listed as reference or is that giving too much away...lol

I found this, http://www.***************/forums/ch...-cel-list.html

Last edited by crypticscifer; 04-05-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Pyros777
Slight typo, but thought it might be worth pointing out:

Should be MAP. Otherwise great writeup!
Fixed, thanks.

Originally Posted by crypticscifer
True, but wouldn't that be the same for the ZZP tune then, I mean they used HP tuners and if you grabbed the tune off the ECU it would be the same thing.

and what about Lyndon Wester's tune....lol

Also should the CEL's be listed as reference or is that giving too much away...lol

I found this, http://www.***************/forums/ch...-cel-list.html
I guess your right lol. I just added the ZZP one because they sell you a tuned ECM/PCM. (I guess dejon can too)

Yah if you could let me know the link for the CEL's I would for sure add it to this one and the DP thread.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:13 PM

Fixed, thanks.

I guess your right lol. I just added the ZZP one because they sell you a tuned ECM/PCM. (I guess dejon can too)

Yah if you could let me know the link for the CEL's I would for sure add it to this one and the DP thread.
http://www . your cobalt . com/forums/chevy-cobalt-owners-lounge/18037-official-dtc-cel-list.html
Old 04-09-2010, 12:07 AM

Damn, I don't know what to buy??? It seems like the GMS1 is the upgrade to get, and then have Vince hook it up with a trifecta tune. Anyone else agree?
Old 04-09-2010, 01:04 AM

SO i have a man boost controller.. set at 14lbs.. since my car hits overboost at 15..and im getting it tuned with the multi tune.. cruise control activated. should i have my man boost controller set to the tuned psi of 23lbs.. all the time.. and just run it that way.. or take the man boost controller off.. and run it normally?? any ideas would be great. i just dont want the stock to throw over boost code with it turned up to 23.. and on stock tune.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CatchMeIFyouCAN
SO i have a man boost controller.. set at 14lbs.. since my car hits overboost at 15..and im getting it tuned with the multi tune.. cruise control activated. should i have my man boost controller set to the tuned psi of 23lbs.. all the time.. and just run it that way.. or take the man boost controller off.. and run it normally?? any ideas would be great. i just dont want the stock to throw over boost code with it turned up to 23.. and on stock tune.
I say ditch the MBC, and just get it tuned by Vince...
Old 04-09-2010, 09:03 AM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by VH5150
Damn, I don't know what to buy??? It seems like the GMS1 is the upgrade to get, and then have Vince hook it up with a trifecta tune. Anyone else agree?
If you are in south Chicago, why not schedule an appointment to have us install GMS1 sensors and dyno tune your car? that way you get it done in one shot, you don't have to pay a core charge, and you know it is going to perform well. We are only a couple hours away.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:20 PM

I have to admit, when i first started learning about the complexity o the LNF ecu
i was a bit worried there would be a steeper learning curve, but the progress is pretty amazing
So 25+ psi out of that little turbo makes alot of heat right? The only way this thing lives and makes so much gwddmnn powa iS D.I. right?

So DI can be used for good AND evil yes??? Lean mixtures in your hippie grandmothers car for good fuel mileage, and instantly homogenized fuel enrichment when needed to cool intake charge and ward off detonation
maybe the injector is pointed a bit at the fancy Inconel exhaust valves to cool them off too huh?

Any body heard of a guy Greg Banish? He wrote some books i just ordered on ECU tuning. He went to Kettering U and is apparently a super expert, worked for GM and others on a bunch of stuff including DI technology and torque-based ecu's. I think it also said he was a freelance tuner!! He probably charges serious $$$ by the hour...
Old 04-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like to just saunter in and bask in the awesome that is this thread every so often...
Old 04-09-2010, 03:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Subtle or subliminal?
Old 04-09-2010, 03:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by V8e12
I have to admit, when i first started learning about the complexity o the LNF ecu
i was a bit worried there would be a steeper learning curve, but the progress is pretty amazing
So 25+ psi out of that little turbo makes alot of heat right? The only way this thing lives and makes so much gwddmnn powa iS D.I. right?

So DI can be used for good AND evil yes??? Lean mixtures in your hippie grandmothers car for good fuel mileage, and instantly homogenized fuel enrichment when needed to cool intake charge and ward off detonation
maybe the injector is pointed a bit at the fancy Inconel exhaust valves to cool them off too huh?

Any body heard of a guy Greg Banish? He wrote some books i just ordered on ECU tuning. He went to Kettering U and is apparently a super expert, worked for GM and others on a bunch of stuff including DI technology and torque-based ecu's. I think it also said he was a freelance tuner!! He probably charges serious $$$ by the hour...

My explanation is still only scratching the surface so to speak because there are far more tables in this ECM that are still somewhat of a mystery to the tuning world. Bosch code seems simple at first but is very complex in its implementation. Like every good tuner I learn something new everyday.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by V8e12
Yah he has got a book called "Engine Management: Advanced Tuning" which I have been debating on buying for a while.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:05 PM

do all tunes burn into ecu?
Old 04-11-2010, 04:32 PM

Burn/Flash yes whatever you want to call it. They replace the parameters on the ECU with the updated ones. Think of it like installing a different operating system onto your computer (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux....)
Old 04-12-2010, 02:47 AM

so does the tech 2 dig far enough in the ecu to find a trifecta infiniboost flashed on the cruise control? or is that a good idea.. versus getting a non switchable tune...?
Old 04-12-2010, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Matt M
No. We have worked with hundreds of customers over the years on custom ECM files. If they can provide a detailed description, dyno graph, scan log, etc, we can help. On something like a custom intake which significantly alters the MAF chart, it would be a better idea to have the car here, of course.
What if my "custom" intake is your ZZP airbox mod?
Old 04-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by arizbea
What if my "custom" intake is your ZZP airbox mod?
The airbox mod has very little effect on the MAF table, but we do have files with slight alterations based on dyno tuning with the airbox mod.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:22 AM

so does the tech 2 dig far enough in the ecu to find a trifecta infiniboost flashed on the cruise control? or is that a good idea.. versus getting a non switchable tune...?
The Tech II will not find the new Trifecta stealth tunes, doesn't matter if your in cruise control on or not, or if you have it set up TC on or off. If they were to send the ECM in to GM they may be able to find it though.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:45 AM

how do i go about getting one of these trifecta stealth tunes?? im ready to purchase... just need some guidance as to where to go..
Old 04-13-2010, 10:12 AM

how do i go about getting one of these trifecta stealth tunes?? im ready to purchase... just need some guidance as to where to go..
http://www.trifectaperformance.com/cobalt.aspx

Follow those links. Make sure you tell Trifecta all the mods you have if any and how agressive you want your tune......
Old 04-14-2010, 02:20 AM

http://www.trifectaperformance.com/cobalt.aspx

Follow those links. Make sure you tell Trifecta all the mods you have if any and how agressive you want your tune......

how agressive? like i can get alot of hp and tq or not as much?
Old 04-14-2010, 10:16 AM

how agressive? like i can get alot of hp and tq or not as much?
Pretty much Vince can make your tune anywehre from a mild 21-22PSi tune up to a wild infiniboost tune pushing 27+PSi. Just depends on what you want, keep in mind the more agressive the tune is the higher the chances of breaking stuff.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:21 AM

so... like 24psi...would be in the middle... what does alot of people have if they arent fully built??
Old 04-14-2010, 02:44 PM

I think most Trifecta guys are running a 21-22PSi tune. Keep in mind this tune puts you around ~300WHP ~325WTQ, Vince's tune at 21-22PSi is the same boost as GMS1 however it does make more power as it is a better tune which is custom tailored to the car.

I wouldn't go over 22-23PSi personally unless you plan on doing a clutch as our stock one really starts to slip at that point but that's just me I know some guys are pushing more power and using the stock clutch and they aren't having any big issues.

Quick Reply: All You Need to Know About Different Tunes