Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.0L LNF Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lnf-performance-tech-153/)
-   -   Anybody used ZZP's motor trans mounts? (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lnf-performance-tech-153/anybody-used-zzps-motor-trans-mounts-234142/)

efactor 11-17-2010 10:49 PM

Anybody used ZZP's motor trans mounts?

Seeing if anyone on this forum has used or thought about going to ZZP's transmounts. I never hear much about the mounts and don't know how different they are compare to other mounts like TTR, OTTP, and Avid. Thanks.

http://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt_...1148&catid=187 and http://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt_...1147&catid=187

gone_in_10_sec 11-18-2010 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by efactor (Post 5381403)
Seeing if anyone on this forum has used or thought about going to ZZP's transmounts. I never hear much about the mounts and don't know how different they are compare to other mounts like TTR, OTTP, and Avid. Thanks.

Cobalt & Ion ---> ZZ Performance and Cobalt & Ion ---> ZZ Performance

I have both of the ZZP mounts, they're great no problems at all! I've put 16k miles on them..

after you get any aftermarket mounts installed - get the wheels aligned, as a preventive measure, it will prevent premature tire wear.. stock factory mount are soft which the wheels have +/- toe/camber from the factory, installing semi-solid mounts the wheels will have -/+ toe/camber.. getting them aligned will help you drive straight down the road..

beast10007 11-18-2010 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by gone_in_10_sec (Post 5381840)
I have both of the ZZP mounts, they're great no problems at all! I've put 16k miles on them..

after you get any aftermarket mounts installed - get the wheels aligned, as a preventive measure, it will prevent premature tire wear.. stock factory mount are soft which the wheels have +/- toe/camber from the factory, installing semi-solid mounts the wheels will have -/+ toe/camber.. getting them aligned will help you drive straight down the road..

how are the vibs in the car now?

did you have wheel hop before?

y did you buy them?

I want zzp's but i dont konw if they are worth it

Zooomer 11-18-2010 11:01 AM

We use a rubber bushing on the trans mounts so they should not increase vibration. We have developed them on our Cobalts and our cars have no wheel hop. Currently they've helped get our track 60' times down to 1.6's in Ryan and Matt's car and that's the best on the forums. (Ryan also did 1.5's but that was with wheelie bars)

chrisjaldin 11-18-2010 11:09 AM

You will get the same results by installing poly inserts or installing the entire aftermarket mount. I just a manner of direct bolt in or not installation.

whyyoumadson? 11-19-2010 01:00 AM

doesnt ryans car just have your upper mount engine and lnf lower trans mounts?

gone_in_10_sec 11-19-2010 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by beast10007 (Post 5382093)
how are the vibs in the car now?

did you have wheel hop before?

y did you buy them?

I want zzp's but i dont konw if they are worth it

The vibration is min but with the solid mounts its normal.
I had wheel hop when I first got the car, but from not knowing how to drive her, but once I learn how to drive her.. never had wheelhop once the mounts were installed..

I got the mounts to get more traction to the street, for me they were a best buy and worth every penny.

gone_in_10_sec 11-19-2010 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by whyyoumadson? (Post 5384626)
doesnt ryans car just have your upper mount engine and lnf lower trans mounts?

I believe transmounts on there.

beast10007 11-19-2010 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by gone_in_10_sec (Post 5384733)
The vibration is min but with the solid mounts its normal.
I had wheel hop when I first got the car, but from not knowing how to drive her, but once I learn how to drive her.. never had wheelhop once the mounts were installed..

I got the mounts to get more traction to the street, for me they were a best buy and worth every penny.

so you say they are worth it?

I do know how to drive and I never get wheel hop with my cobalt, now my old eclipse I got some major wheel hop tho.

so you said mounts give you more traction on the street? how so does you car now hook up in 2nd or do you have less TQ steer?

whyyoumadson? 11-19-2010 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by gone_in_10_sec (Post 5384736)
I believe transmounts on there.

just saying i heard differently so a correction would be nice. i run powells mounts. best out.

blackvette101 11-19-2010 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by whyyoumadson? (Post 5386254)
just saying i heard differently so a correction would be nice. i run powells mounts. best out.

thats ottp right

whyyoumadson? 11-20-2010 12:50 AM

yes BUT powell makes the mounts for them. but rumor has it powell NO LONGER makes the mounts for ottp and ottp is on their own with a copy or something similar. unsure of the details. like i said its something i heard along the grape vine.

blackvette101 11-20-2010 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by whyyoumadson? (Post 5386780)
yes BUT powell makes the mounts for them. but rumor has it powell NO LONGER makes the mounts for ottp and ottp is on their own with a copy or something similar. unsure of the details. like i said its something i heard along the grape vine.

but isn't ttr the same mount only with polyurethane instead of rubber.

gone_in_10_sec 11-20-2010 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by blackvette101 (Post 5387075)

from the pictures it sure does..

whyyoumadson? 11-21-2010 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by blackvette101 (Post 5387075)

they are ment to do the same job but they are not the same...the bushing size is crazy different. so is the weight difference. ttr uses poly bushing which is junk. theres a thread lurking around somewhere that shows the differences between the 2 and the powell mounts came out on top. i believe on buying higher quality parts which in my opinion the powell mounts exceed and suprass ttrs

blackvette101 11-21-2010 11:12 AM

sorry to threadjack but do you guys no if there are any solid metal mounts

efactor 11-21-2010 07:35 PM

well this concludes this thread. Guess the two top choices are ZZP or OTTP then. TTR just needs to do some R&D on some rubber bushings and get rid of poly.

whyyoumadson? 11-22-2010 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by efactor (Post 5389413)
well this concludes this thread. Guess the two top choices are ZZP or OTTP then. TTR just needs to do some R&D on some rubber bushings and get rid of poly.

powell mounts ftw

Originally Posted by blackvette101 (Post 5388649)
sorry to threadjack but do you guys no if there are any solid metal mounts

as of right now none are out.