2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Bullseye Power Batmowheel for Ko4

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the wheel is going to do nothing but improve the performance of the car rather then harm it. Wheel upgrades are nothing new and people have been doing it for years, it would allow for you to improve your powerband of the stock turbo, make more power, and leave everything stock appearing.

the turbo isn't to difficult to remove mine was pretty easy since i have my motor pulled at the moment but i would say go for it i'm still considering it i talked to bill again today so who knows
Old 12-12-2011, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds good... I'm up for the experiment.. but it would be nice to know what some of the longer term results on the car are to know that this thing can produce solid numbers with no issues in the long run
Old 12-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
its not going to cause any issues lol
Old 12-12-2011, 03:01 PM

well.. I'm glad that you're confident in the product!.. but alot of this is new to me ... and I like the idea of power gains espcially when things look very stock underneath... so this is a big interest item for me.. but I know that turbos with all of this ECM managment and control these days are sensative to more inputs/add-ons... so I dont want to seem like a puss here lol.. but I think you understand why I might sound "cautious" ... but I'm ready to have some fun here! lol
Old 12-12-2011, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by JacBlackSS/TC
i don't have a bnr i contacted them about a rebuild for my stock turbo and Bill told me to just wait and get the batowheel since its gonna be the same price
Oh ok, well mines coming in the mail, as soon as i get it ill send it to bulleye to see what they can do.

Update: so I gave them a call and in order for him to make a wheel for the GT2871r(which they havent made a wheel for) I would need to pay for 25 wheels cause that's what it takes for R&D. Each wheel is about $300. Now I see why OP wanted to round up 10 peeps, its to pay for the wheels in R&D. I would like wheels to be made for my GT2871r but I sure as hell can't pay myself for all the wheels. Maybe once you get dyno's done for the K04 then maybe I can create a thread for the GT2871r here and on the skyroadster forums. There's actually more with the upgrade in the sky community. Darn

Last edited by 40rty; 12-12-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:24 PM

I'm kinda keeping my eye on this, and if it produces good results, I might go in on the group buy.. just saying.. I do want to go EFR, but this is good bang for the buck depending on results, and there's nothing for sure on the EFR in terms of availability date yet. Don't add me to the list yet, but I wanted to let you know, I'm definately considering it!

Also, I'm not on alot these days cuz of my work, so if there is a group buy in the near future, please PM me and I'll get the notification in my e-mail and go from there. Otherwise, I may miss out and I really wouldn't want that to happen
Thanks
Old 12-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 40rty
Oh ok, well mines coming in the mail, as soon as i get it ill send it to bulleye to see what they can do.
they'll only make new wheels if theres a market for them and a guaranteed 10 buyer minimum.

Originally Posted by Knightwolf
I'm kinda keeping my eye on this, and if it produces good results, I might go in on the group buy.. just saying.. I do want to go EFR, but this is good bang for the buck depending on results, and there's nothing for sure on the EFR in terms of availability date yet. Don't add me to the list yet, but I wanted to let you know, I'm definately considering it!

Also, I'm not on alot these days cuz of my work, so if there is a group buy in the near future, please PM me and I'll get the notification in my e-mail and go from there. Otherwise, I may miss out and I really wouldn't want that to happen
Thanks
there won't be a group by unfortunately. not unless i can get my business up and running and become a DEP dealer.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:47 PM

any news yet?
Old 12-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Platinum Member

its only monday. it'll be more towards thursday
Old 12-12-2011, 04:02 PM

dammit
Old 12-12-2011, 04:36 PM

Ok.. well group buy or not.. just let me know when the testing is done and it's all ready for ppl to buy. That's when I'll jump on it, but I won't jump on board without some results, and a timeframe :P Just sayin..
It is good timing tho since it's winter and the car's basically parked.. took her out on saturday/sunday night tho since the roads are clear and dry until the next snowstorm hits, which will most likely be the coming weekend and I'm sure after that, winter's here until at least April or May.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:17 PM

when i talked to bill today he said they would definitely have everything up and running within a month you have to take out time for the holidays but by mid january the wheels would be pouring out like clockwork but you have to remember companies will not do R&R if we can't promise them results especially on a dead platform such as ours, gotta play to play, they are gonna refund you if the wheels don't produce any gains which is a win-win i may just buy another turbo core or something and send it to them so i can get my car back on the road and not have to wait on the turbo to come bac

majorcb: i mean with your mods and the bigger wheel it would just help your car run better it won't be pushing it to its limits the batowheel is the same concept as the bnr stage 1 upgrade if you need additional info or another place to research, with a good tune you car will drive and run just as good if not better then it does now
Old 12-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Platinum Member

when i talked to bill today he said they would definitely have everything up and running within a month you have to take out time for the holidays but by mid january the wheels would be pouring out like clockwork but you have to remember companies will not do R&R if we can't promise them results especially on a dead platform such as ours, gotta play to play, they are gonna refund you if the wheels don't produce any gains which is a win-win i may just buy another turbo core or something and send it to them so i can get my car back on the road and not have to wait on the turbo to come bac
lol thank you for redoing what i've already done
Old 12-12-2011, 05:51 PM

well I have posted in the BNR GT2871r thread and on Skyroadster.com to see if I can round some guys up for our turbo. Hope I can get some interest.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Knightwolf

Thanks
just subscribe to the thread with email updates
Old 12-12-2011, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921
lol thank you for redoing what i've already done
lol haha
Old 12-12-2011, 07:50 PM

n.igga you hatin!
Old 12-12-2011, 09:09 PM

majorcb: i mean with your mods and the bigger wheel it would just help your car run better it won't be pushing it to its limits the batowheel is the same concept as the bnr stage 1 upgrade if you need additional info or another place to research, with a good tune you car will drive and run just as good if not better then it does now
thanks for the feedback Jac

I like the concept... it keeps me looking stock which is what I want.. I dont really plan to put too much into the car.. I think this batmo wheel (providing it ends up doing what folks say it will), then an intercooler first... eventually I'll do a full exhaust and that will be as far as Im ever going to go...

If the Batmo is sucessful and stable and there are no after installation issues with balance and performance... I'm definately going to go for it... then an Intercooler would almost certainly be warranted as an ad on I would think...
Old 12-12-2011, 10:49 PM

yeah the main reasoning for going with a different front mount is just the horrible design of the stock one even if you didn't do any upgrades i would still suggest buying one just because of all the issues i.e. plastic end tanks and condensation bar failures.

but i'm just excited b/c this is half the price of the bnr wheel upgrade and it will probably yield the same if not better results
Old 12-12-2011, 11:43 PM

I agree with you... I'm still deciding what IC to purchase though... I hear the latest ZZP design is good... but I really just want one that will be able to use the stock piping... again, my goal is to continue to look as stock as possible.. so I'm looking for that design that will best fit my requirements... any ideas?
Old 12-12-2011, 11:54 PM

The suspense is killing me!
Old 12-13-2011, 01:42 AM

all the front mounts use the stock charge piping
a lot of people like zzp ones, i never owned one i am a fan of treadstone b/c of the price
Old 12-13-2011, 01:47 AM
Thread Killer
Platinum Member

i have owned the zzp and currently own the treadstone. both amazing intercoolers.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:52 AM

so is this for the M62 or the TVS?

Old 12-13-2011, 02:13 AM

I know that ZZP has a dedicated section for the Balts's ... but I'm not sure about Treadstone... which Model(s) of the treadstone apply's to our cars? ... and dont have fitment issues.. I'm looking for something that fits right with no ground clearance issues or having to cut out and or mold things ...

Jac: where from in Baltimore? ... used to live there... still have family around

Quick Reply: Bullseye Power Batmowheel for Ko4