Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.0L LNF Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lnf-performance-tech-153/)
-   -   Bullseye Power Batmowheel for Ko4 (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lnf-performance-tech-153/bullseye-power-batmowheel-ko4-264753/)

EXsoccer1921 11-03-2011 05:41 PM

Bullseye Power Batmowheel for Ko4

So i've been talking with David from Bullseye Power. They've agreed to make a batmowheel as a drop in replacement for a stock Ko4 wheel.

Batmowheels have time and time again(37 to be exact) to flow more air, make more power, and more torque than every wheel its gone up against at the same boost levels. Along with decreased spool times. Not only do you get more hp and tq with a Batmowheel, but what people really feel is the butt dyno difference, the change in power band. Where most wheels run out of breath at higher rpms the Batmowheel will carry the power another 500-750rpms along with the decreased spool time. therefore increasing the over all power band anywhere from 750rpms to 1,000 rpms

What we need is a group of people willing to commit to buying, NO DEPOSIT NEEDED, once this wheel is produced. it will be produced in runs of 10 so first come first serve. We also need just two people are who are willing to test this wheel. We want someone fully bolted and someone completely stock who's willing to tune the car and then drop this wheel in and retune.

By completely bolted we mean; Intake, hot&cold side piping, intercooler, downpipe, catback. any combination of brands, catless, muffler delete, etc as long as nothing is changed when switching wheels.

By completely stock with tune we mean; ABOSLUTELY NOTHING BUT A TUNE. reason for needing a tune pre-test is because its obvious these cars will have gains by being tuned. so we want to go ahead and start with the tune so we know that car is being pushed as far as it can before swapping wheels.

We need one person, preferably one of the test cars to send in their compressor wheel to BEP so the Batmo's can be made. The upfront cost of this is $399, you will receive your wheel + the batmowheel back. If gains are not had, a complete refund will be given.

Price for a BatMoWheel after production will be $399
Price for a Double BatMoWheel will be ~$475

Double bat's will be produced if the gains from a single are great enough to ensure a double bat will be worth the time/money.

Test cars, you MUST do a before and after dyno on the same dyno with the same tuner to ensure least amount of variables, if you can not do this please do not volunteer.

For more about Bullseye and the new batmowheels please take a look at their website and facebook page
Bullseye Power Turbos
Bullseye Power Turbos
And on facebook under Bullseye Power Fan Club

So... who's ready.

Please PM me if you would like to be in the purchase group.

Bolted Test Car:
Stock Test Car: NihontoSS

In to buy:
1. ATLsilverSS
2. 1LSJ2NV
3. cdnite
4. mastashake_88
5. Gunney_07
6. 09cobaltSS
7. Boosted4

07SSYellow 11-03-2011 05:43 PM

i can be the bolted test car, how much do i have to fork up? and i have to send my stock wheel ??

EXsoccer1921 11-03-2011 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by 07SSYellow (Post 6132858)
i can be the bolted test car, how much do i have to fork up? and i have to send my stock wheel ??

come on now, i thought i layed it out perfectly for once. :lol:

$350 upfront price. yes wheel needs to be sent in to them. unsure of turn around time but like David said, if it doesn't show any gains, a refund will be given sans cost of shipping

EXsoccer1921 11-03-2011 05:49 PM

is there any way you can get an hptuners tune? yes trifecta makes power, but its remote tuning that may not get the most out of the car.

07SSYellow 11-03-2011 05:50 PM

damn lol ok sorry im out then, i cant send in my stock wheel, i need to be able to drive my car thats all. the money isnt an issue just the wheel part

and yes i can get an HPT tune, my buddy here has the software

donkeyballs 11-03-2011 05:52 PM

I have a spare turbo they can pay me for using it :)

EXsoccer1921 11-03-2011 05:59 PM

looks like you and yellow need to get together and work out a deal!

ATLsilverSS 11-03-2011 06:00 PM

in to buy....this could be a nice upgrade till efr time.

what are expected gains out of this?

EXsoccer1921 11-03-2011 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by ATLsilverSS (Post 6132896)
in to buy....this could be a nice upgrade till efr time.

what are expected gains out of this?

not sure. thats why we want to test it out on both stock and fully bolted setups. people have seen big, big gains on their bigger turbos by switching from cast/billet wheels to a batmowheel

ATLsilverSS 11-03-2011 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921 (Post 6132899)
not sure. thats why we want to test it out on both stock and fully bolted setups. people have seen big, big gains on their bigger turbos by switching from cast/billet wheels to a batmowheel

hell if it is remotely similar to the k04+ for 350 bones......no brainer for a mild upgrade

EXsoccer1921 11-03-2011 06:10 PM

if its anything like other double bats produce. it will be better results than the 4+

and yes it is just a drop in wheel upgrade. some of the batmowheels and double batmowheel setups require a whole new turbo to be bought with the wheel installed. this is not the case. complete drop in replacement.

ATLsilverSS 11-03-2011 06:10 PM

for the comparison of stock vs. bolted shouldn't both setups be tuned by the same person in order to compare apples to apples?????

ATLsilverSS 11-03-2011 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921 (Post 6132913)
if its anything like other double bats produce. it will be better results than the 4+

and yes it is just a drop in wheel upgrade. some of the batmowheels and double batmowheel setups require a whole new turbo to be bought with the wheel installed. this is not the case. complete drop in replacement.

yeah i was kinda thinkin the same thing

EXsoccer1921 11-03-2011 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by ATLsilverSS (Post 6132914)
for the comparison of stock vs. bolted shouldn't both setups be tuned by the same person in order to compare apples to apples?????

i was thinking about that. but it would just be too difficult to get two cars in the same area both willing to test. if we can make that happen then hell yeah. if not then as long as the same person tunes the same car before/after

donkeyballs 11-03-2011 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921 (Post 6132892)
looks like you and yellow need to get together and work out a deal!

I would have my buddy test it if i got in on this and he is stock with hp tune

elecblue06 11-03-2011 06:17 PM

i pmd you.. i have a k04 thats messed up.. I can send it to them they can make wheel and install, I have dyno sheets from my car on the k04, will have it on the bnr 2871 soon as well , and can swap the turbo .. and get numbers for this if you guys can wait a bit.. I have no problem testing things out.. but it will be done with the same tuner.. trifecta but i dont feel changing tuners is fair representation of how something performs

jg707 11-03-2011 06:19 PM

can anyone provide a quick explanation of a batmowheel? because more power, quicker spool, 350 bones, and the most awesomest upgrade name ever sounds like complete win.

EXsoccer1921 11-03-2011 06:20 PM

yeah the whole idea behind trying to get people with hp tunes is cause its the sure way that every bit is squeezed out of the car. by no means will it be tested on a trifecta tune before and an hpt after or vise versa

EXsoccer1921 11-03-2011 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by jg707 (Post 6132930)
can anyone provide a quick explanation of a batmowheel? because more power, quicker spool, 350 bones, and the most awesomest upgrade name ever sounds like complete win.

take a look at the links in my op. and some quick searches on youtube.

the batmowheel and double bats is a new design for the compressor wheel blades that BEP has been researching and so far has been a huge success.

EXsoccer1921 11-03-2011 06:23 PM

here is a picture of my 62mm billet BEP wheel and Ryan@zzp's batmowheel 66mm wheel

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k.../IMAG06131.jpg

heres a better picture of how the inducer is on a Batmowheel
http://www.bullseyepower.com/seepicture.asp?b=1&bc=97

and heres a double batmowheel
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...09867328_n.jpg

1LSJ2NV 11-03-2011 06:26 PM

I have me,Mdub, and NSI right here lol

ATLsilverSS 11-03-2011 06:29 PM

i would test it out the stock version....bolt ons come off easily....but i can't send in my turbo...this is my dd

EXsoccer1921 11-03-2011 06:35 PM

yeah thats the problem we're running in to. people have a spare turbo but can't send it in. atleast we know people will buy once its produced! hahah

Originally Posted by 1LSJ2NV (Post 6132945)
I have me,Mdub, and NSI right here lol

well have kevin drive you around and send in your turbo!

jg707 11-03-2011 06:39 PM

jesus f'ing christ that looks awesome. id buy one just to look at lol.............but seriously if my turbo ever blew, or i ever rebuilt/built my engine or turbo i would buy this for sure

MastaShaKe_88 11-03-2011 06:42 PM

I'm def down for this, some1 hurry up an volunteer their car!