2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

charge piping

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
charge piping

what charge piping would you people recommend?
Old 04-20-2010, 10:52 PM

www.dejonpowerhouse.com
enoughsaid.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:54 PM

I have Hahn, certainly expensive, but excellent quality! Looks great too!

Turbotechracing.com has best prices!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:16 AM

Injen is a good one, but I recommend getting two t-bolt clamps and a 3 or 4 inch coupler to connect to the intercooler, so far I had no problems. The couplers are kind of short and had the regular clamps on them, but they kept popping off. After installing the t-bolt clamps and all that, my car would respond a lot better, made a couple of hard shifts and never popped off ever again.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Premium Member

I went w/dejon, definately get the tbolt clamps
i had the same problems w/pipes poping off, no fun lol.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:27 AM

T-BOLT CLAMPS! I 2nd that!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:32 AM

x2 yeah had my pipes pop off 3 or 4 times set off the CEL P101 dealing with the MAF. Reseted the battery and the next two week with no CEL.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still people recommend parts that are not as quality as our's and cost more. I just don't get it.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:37 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryan@zzp
Still people recommend parts that are not as quality as our's, I just don't get it.
I actually like yours! but I keep hearing your doing a intercooler + charge pipe combo correct? If your charge pipe is going to be the same charge pipe as before I might just bite the bullet and buy it now and get the intercooler later when its ready
Old 04-21-2010, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by CudaJoe
I actually like yours! but I keep hearing your doing a intercooler + charge pipe combo correct? If your charge pipe is going to be the same charge pipe as before I might just bite the bullet and buy it now and get the intercooler later when its ready
It will fit our intercooler.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan@zzp
Still people recommend parts that are not as quality as our's, I just don't get it.
Ryan your just gonna have to understand ppl have different prospectives from every brand they use, unless you want to prove it on a video why we should choose ZZP over the others. I just wanted completed hard pipe across my motor to make sure it had one complete direction of airflow, but I'm probably going to get bashed for it because it doesn't make a difference.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by efactor
Ryan your just gonna have to understand ppl have different prospectives from every brand they use, unless you want to prove it on a video why we should choose ZZP over the others. I just wanted completed hard pipe across my motor to make sure it had one complete direction of airflow, but I'm probably going to get bashed for it because it doesn't make a difference.
I do understand that people have different prospectives on brands but quality and price are what should drive people not jumping on the band wagon. That just leads to a bunch of people running parts that they can't get tech support for, good clamps unless you order them, pipes popping off, etc. I get your point though.

This is why:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3PXKyj608c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kHWvKofkxk

anyone else doing this in their LNF?
Old 04-21-2010, 10:04 AM

I myself have the INJEN pipes. I like the more direct route the air takes right over the engine. Its a matter of preferance I guess. I bought them because they serve a purpose and had the right price back when they first came out. ZZP didnt have any pipes out when I was shopping. Def get T-bolt clamps. That is a MUST.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:08 AM

i just bought zzp hot side pipe waiting for the cold side pipe i hear good things though zzp has always been my choice quality and price for sure.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:10 AM

The only thing I'm interested from ZZP is their downpipes I heard they are the best next to Hahn. I sure you guys are in the woodworks of coming out with new things. Too bad I miss that sell on the spun metal dp. PPL say I should go catless, but knowning me I like to do a one time change and never change it again before and after emissions.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:12 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
Well the thing I worry about when it comes to charge pipes that cross over the engine, do they block the oil filter from being reached? Does the pipe have to come off to get to the oil filter?

If I went to a Jiffy lube, or a Goodwrench service center, is the tech going to lean the wrench right up against the charge pipe to get the oil filter cap unscrewed and in the process damage the paint or dent it? If this happens, they'd blame it on the driver for getting the charge pipe and not pay for damages.

ZZP's charge pipe follows the stock route which is good. The length of the charge pipe doesnt matter in the sense we are talking here... its like a difference of 6 inches?
Old 04-21-2010, 10:20 AM

me all I got to do is loosen each clamp at both ends and loosen up the screw that is holding the Injen CP in place, take it out. Gives me plenty of room to work with when it comes to oil changes. That internal oil filter is in a tight place with the Injen or the Stock CP.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:21 AM

thing i like about zzp is there prices i have never seen a product of theres bad and i know if there were a problem with any of there products they will let us know. i have heard a few horror stories about hahn and there intakes
Old 04-21-2010, 10:31 AM

Well the thing I worry about when it comes to charge pipes that cross over the engine, do they block the oil filter from being reached? Does the pipe have to come off to get to the oil filter?

ZZP's charge pipe follows the stock route which is good. The length of the charge pipe doesnt matter in the sense we are talking here... its like a difference of 6 inches?
Like I said, its a matter of preferance. I honestly dont think that the bend makes any real world difference. INJEN had the only affordable pipes when I was in the market for them last year. They do what they are supposed to and I see no rusting or anything like that down here in the humid Houston climate.
As far as the oil change goes, well, I prefer to do them myself. What I do is reach under the pipe and drop the socket on the oil cap and then lower an extension from the top onto the socket and then ratchet away. It takes two seconds
Old 04-21-2010, 10:33 AM

Well I heard about Hahn's CP being a little bit of an issue when it comes to fitting the coldside. I had my Hahn Intake for a couple of days and I gotten the 2nd gen with the breather lock and so far no issues. I'm enjoying it, but I'm interested in the DP's from ZZP, when it comes to the exhaust I might get that custom made.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:25 PM

well im getting a zzp down pipe and a injen charge pipe for a good deal they are used would like the zzp but i can't beat this deal
Old 05-02-2010, 11:44 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If I went to a Jiffy lube, or a Goodwrench service center, is the tech going to lean the wrench right up against the charge pipe to get the oil filter cap unscrewed and in the process damage the paint or dent it? If this happens, they'd blame it on the driver for getting the charge pipe and not pay for damages.

no it does not block the oil filter. I just did my oil change last weekend with my Injen pipe on. I like Injen, I also go new couplers (longer) and tbolt clamps too. I would get it again if I had to redo it.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:45 PM

I had 2 sets of dejon and an Injen. Both work just fine. I like the way Dejon fits on the intercooler better and they have GREAT customer service. I dont like that ZZP makes you hack up your stock piece to mount there Charge pipes however when for a few bucks I can get a full replacement. But there price is the cheapest so it does work that way. You dont care about the stock part, go ZZP and hack it and get the piping for the cheapest way. You want a full replacement piece, order from a different company and spend a few more dollars. Dejon offers good options for those that want different colors, BOV flanges mounted in different locations, and MAF relocation all in one package. Thats what I like about them. And Iv never experienced a performance benifit with a CP running the more "direct" route.Thats just IMHO though i like all CP's on the market, none have wronged me. I do like Injen's moutning on the intake manifold, i think thats brilliant.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Gestapo007
I had 2 sets of dejon and an Injen. Both work just fine. I like the way Dejon fits on the intercooler better and they have GREAT customer service. I dont like that ZZP makes you hack up your stock piece to mount there Charge pipes however when for a few bucks I can get a full replacement. But there price is the cheapest so it does work that way. You dont care about the stock part, go ZZP and hack it and get the piping for the cheapest way. You want a full replacement piece, order from a different company and spend a few more dollars. Dejon offers good options for those that want different colors, BOV flanges mounted in different locations, and MAF relocation all in one package. Thats what I like about them. And Iv never experienced a performance benifit with a CP running the more "direct" route.Thats just IMHO though i like all CP's on the market, none have wronged me. I do like Injen's moutning on the intake manifold, i think thats brilliant.

This is why I'm not going with ZZP on this part. I want to keep my factory piping around in case I sell the car or need to take it in for service.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:39 AM

thats what im doing slobalt. i dont want to chop things up. you want to make them look nice and clean. im going injen.

Quick Reply: charge piping