Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.0L LNF Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lnf-performance-tech-153/)
-   -   drove a ss tc today (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lnf-performance-tech-153/drove-ss-tc-today-117164/)

madmark 06-13-2008 11:49 PM

drove a ss tc today

i was not impressed:thumbsdow

bad.....
i loved how it pulled in first and second gear, the rest of the gears it felt like it fell right on its face =\.

you cant really even hear the turbo spool up or really even suck in air.

freaken launch control is cool, but it didnt do it for me. the whole no lift shift shit sucked ass because (hockeyman said you have to shift within .02 seconds or it wont work) i guess i didnt know that and i tryed shifting and it got stuck inbetween gears lol.

good.....

first and second gear
first went up to 18 psi, second went to 15 and third went to about 13-14 psi

i love the way it handled and the front brembo brakes were awsome:D, but they could of atleast had the rear calipers painted black or dipped, they are fugly.

i like the new seats, they seemed to hold me pretty good

ALL OF THIS IS JUST MY OPINION SO PLEASE DO NOT BASH, i am a pretty good driver so please dont say i cannot drive. all in all i would rather have a ss sc until someone can get a pretty nice bov or something to let you know there is a turbo.

lil_kano 06-13-2008 11:56 PM

IMHO I would totally agree with you but you also have to remember you drove a STOCK ss/tc. I bet your comparison is between that and your modded ss/sc? am i right? i bet after people get this TC'd cobalt loaded with aftermarket bolt-ons many will fall in love.

me personally, i can't wait to see the aftermath. :lol:

Hockeyman 06-13-2008 11:59 PM

^he drives a 2.2, so he isn't really biast towards the ss/sc

and what are these boltons you speak of....

lil_kano 06-13-2008 11:59 PM

well never mind. lol. either way i still hold a valid point.

madmark 06-14-2008 12:01 AM

much love

Hockeyman 06-14-2008 12:03 AM

word

blk ss/sc 1 06-14-2008 12:07 AM

i havnt heard to many good thing on the ss/tcs .. but anyway i agree with lil kano.. i think ppl will start changin their mind on it when there is some after market mods for it

nhanson 06-14-2008 12:08 AM

i heard that there is a 500 mile break in limitation?

madmark 06-14-2008 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by nhanson (Post 2465430)
i heard that there is a 500 mile break in limitation?

i dont think that is accurate, because i went to the plant in arlington texas and they were running the brand new tahoes and escalades on the dynos up to 90mph for 10 minutes for each one

rockSTAR_SS 06-14-2008 12:17 AM

That goes for any car you buy... It's always best to break them in for ATLEAST 500 miles... I'd go for either 1000-1500 before I started romping on it too much. I had the chance to test drive one the other day but I didn't... Dunno why. I was busy running errands I guess and I didn't wanna forget anything. A buddy of mine will be getting one at the end of the year so I can wait til then I suppose.

EDIT: When they say they come broke in from the factory, that's just like saying the clothes we sell at american eagle come pre-washed so they won't shrink. Once you take em home and wash em tho they still shrink some. Catch my drift? Sure they break them in some, but it's always best to be safe IMO

rukkee 06-14-2008 01:00 AM

There is always some gains after the drivetrain "lossens" up a bit. I think people have talked the TC up so much that its hard for the car to live up to unrealistic expectations.

Dainbramaged 06-14-2008 02:53 AM

I'm glad no one test drove my car. I'd be pissed if I knew they were powershifting a car that had 10 miles on it. How loud do you expect a stock car to be. It's not going to sound like a Supra with a 44mm Tial wg.

DeftonesFan867 06-14-2008 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by madmark (Post 2465441)
i dont think that is accurate, because i went to the plant in arlington texas and they were running the brand new tahoes and escalades on the dynos up to 90mph for 10 minutes for each one

Except that it IS. GM has even said that boost is limited the first 500 miles.

firemanfrank 06-14-2008 08:47 AM

Owners Manual says vary your speed for first 500 miles, and that's it.

Nothing else is required.

Originally Posted by madmark (Post 2465382)
i was not impressed:thumbsdow

bad.....
i loved how it pulled in first and second gear, the rest of the gears it felt like it fell right on its face =\.

2nd gear is good for like 75-80mph. Exactly how fast were you driving that car?

Hope it wasn't a new dealer car test drive ...

launch control is cool, but it didnt do it for me ... i tryed shifting and it got stuck inbetween gears lol.
Once again, hope it wasn't a new dealer car test drive ...

DoubleLP 06-14-2008 08:58 AM

I think that everyone who owns a Cobalt is a lot more critical of the car because we were expecting GM to go leaps and bounds above the S/C Cobalt. They did change the engine and some minor tweaks such as the seats and the "no-lift shift", but we have to remember this was not a major upgrade for the Cobalt. That is still going to happen in the next couple of years, so we should all just be patient and wait to see what GM does.

And has been said, once the aftermarket starts putting out mods for the T/C car, I am sure it will be turned into a real beast in a short amount of time. :twothumbs

Frank2029 06-14-2008 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by DoubleLP (Post 2466421)
I think that everyone who owns a Cobalt is a lot more critical of the car because we were expecting GM to go leaps and bounds above the S/C Cobalt. They did change the engine and some minor tweaks such as the seats and the "no-lift shift", but we have to remember this was not a major upgrade for the Cobalt. That is still going to happen in the next couple of years, so we should all just be patient and wait to see what GM does.

And has been said, once the aftermarket starts putting out mods for the T/C car, I am sure it will be turned into a real beast in a short amount of time. :twothumbs

i think what everyone has to remember is that this is a $20k car. it does more then enough for that price tag and GM has done an amazing job fitting what they have into the cobalt for that price. you cant ask for much more

Beck 06-14-2008 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by rockSTAR_SS (Post 2465463)
EDIT: When they say they come broke in from the factory, that's just like saying the clothes we sell at american eagle come pre-washed so they won't shrink. Once you take em home and wash em tho they still shrink some. Catch my drift? Sure they break them in some, but it's always best to be safe IMO

please tell me your a woman.

sherm420 06-14-2008 04:52 PM

yeah its a blast to drive third gear is very strong i hit bout 17 psi

Wazaroonie 06-14-2008 05:03 PM

It is very fun to drive im looking for places to go now just so I can drive it have a hole 200 miles on it so I am taking it easy for know.

sherm420 06-14-2008 05:04 PM

ya i got almost 900 miles

Wazaroonie 06-14-2008 05:06 PM

can the car go into launch mode by itself or do you have to put it in? I took off from a light the other day a little to hard because you just cant help it sometimes and it said launch on the dash.

sherm420 06-14-2008 05:07 PM

are u sure it didnt say "traction low" cuz that happended to me

Wazaroonie 06-14-2008 05:11 PM

Whatever they say about it good and bad its FUN.

it said launch and took the stabil trak off

I need a picture.

cobalt9123 06-14-2008 05:13 PM

ha well if you don't know how to use the future on the car( no lift shift) then don't bash it. Cause that means you don't know how to use it.
Also, you are not going to hear the turbo spool up or suck in air, it's stock, from the factory. And no, it's not an srt-4.
Not every turbo'd car can be heard...
1.8T jettas are everywhere and noone hears them..mazdaspeeds...etc.

DebadgedBALT77 06-14-2008 05:19 PM

uhmm i have no idea what you guys are listening to, but I definatley heard the turbo on4 of the ss/tc's i drove and 2 HHRS. You CAN hear it.