2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Has anyone tried the JET Performance Mass Airflow Sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Has anyone tried the JET Performance Mass Airflow Sensor?

I was wondering, if any LNF's out there who have a aftermarket intakes and tried to use a the JET Performance Mass Airflow over the strict GM MAS to accommodate for the incoming airflow from a cold intake to avoid any possible fuel trims and turbulence. Here is the site I checked out http://www.autoanything.com/air-inta...0A3028577.aspx I know there is a guy in the classified forum selling one, which looks identical to the stock one. https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/parts-66/jet-maf-sensor-4-sale-210206/
Old 04-06-2010, 09:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by efactor
I was wondering, if any LNF's out there who have a aftermarket intakes and tried to use a the JET Performance Mass Airflow over the strict GM MAS to accommodate for the incoming airflow from a cold intake to avoid any possible fuel trims and turbulence. Here is the site I checked out http://www.autoanything.com/air-inta...0A3028577.aspx I know there is a guy in the classified forum selling one, which looks identical to the stock one. https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=210206
I think that is designed for an LSJ.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:34 AM

well it looks identical to its size and I put in the 2008 model in autoanything, which came up with the 2.0 Turbo. I could e-mail JET Performance about it to see if it will work.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:41 AM

It's jet... No go in my books. Forever. You start trying to trick the computer into certain parameters and you **** **** up.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:43 AM

there is a good reason why I do research before I purchase things when I'm very uncertain.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:46 AM

With the l61 and le5, jet products may be ok to use. But I would still suggest not using them.

Now with the lnf, an engine with the potential to have that much boost thrown at it? I would never put a jet product inside the cabin. Let alone where it is supposed to be under the hood.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:16 PM

you never know, trying to overcome the tuning nightmare of the restrictive MAF to put an aftermarket in.

just gotten an e-mail back, unfortunately they don't have one designed for the LNF. "Unfortunately, we do not make a MAF for the turbocharged Cobalt's." from JET Performance.

Last edited by efactor; 04-06-2010 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-06-2010, 12:22 PM

you never know, trying to overcome the tuning nightmare of the restrictive MAF to put an aftermarket in.

just gotten an e-mail back, unfortunately they don't have one designed for the LNF. "Unfortunately, we do not make a MAF for the turbocharged Cobalt's." from JET Performance.
I thought it was an LSJ part. The LNFs MAF has to respond to frequencies up to 500,000 Hz. Whereas LSJ MAFs have to go to only 11,200 Hz. The MAF is not restrictive it just requires clean straight airflow over the sensor so it will function properly.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:35 PM

so your referring to the stock or the JET?
Old 04-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know this is for and lnf, but i used one for my lsj. and i had a intake exaust and no tune. and i threw a code for lean afr. So i was reading up on the maf sensor, it omes with a lifetime warranty as long as you keep the paperwork and receipt, and it flows better. I am not sure if they have one for and lnf or not, but i got good results, because after i put the jet sensor in i quit throwing the lean afr code and i tuned the car for a 2.6 pulley with the jet and it was easier on the maf table. and since i ported the blower and tune the car with a wideband i got rid of the jet sensor because i am not longer needing it since all i use is the VE TABLE. AND THE MAF table for idle.... so it does work but im unsure of your lnf.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:03 PM

so your referring to the stock or the JET?
Stock sensor ranges for both the LNF and LSJ.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:57 PM

sounds like I have to take the initiative to test it out myself for any further updates. I know I'm trying to evade the whole thing of tuning because I got the Hahn Intake coming in and plan on running it with the stock MAF and that's why I looked into the JET MAF thing itself to see if it will accommodate the airflow to avoid fuel trims and turbulence, but wasn't sure if there was one person with an LNF running it right now before I go out and buy the JET MAF sensor. I thought about the solenoid mod, which is pulling the electrical piece out and let the LTFT stay at 0, but I don't think its worth the hassle. here is another site posting this will fit in the LNF http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/se...alue=Jet+Chips and this one http://www.ajusa.com/details/Jet-Per...r+Sensor+&vq=&

Last edited by efactor; 04-06-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sounds like I have to take the initiative to test it out myself for any further updates.
You're taking an initiative towards a product that is simply a bandaid fix, don't waste your money. You have no idea how much it even alters the maf signal or if it'll make the hahn intake work properly. If this would at least be adjustable like the maf translator then maybe, but its not.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:41 PM

sounds like I have to take the initiative to test it out myself for any further updates. I know I'm trying to evade the whole thing of tuning because I got the Hahn Intake coming in and plan on running it with the stock MAF and that's why I looked into the JET MAF thing itself to see if it will accommodate the airflow to avoid fuel trims and turbulence, but wasn't sure if there was one person with an LNF running it right now before I go out and buy the JET MAF sensor. I thought about the solenoid mod, which is pulling the electrical piece out and let the LTFT stay at 0, but I don't think its worth the hassle. here is another site posting this will fit in the LNF http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/se...alue=Jet+Chips and this one http://www.ajusa.com/details/Jet-Per...r+Sensor+&vq=&
Auto parts warehouse SUCKS, they shipped me the wrong pads. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM OR TRUST THEIR JUDGMENT

i this will end up like a parent telling their kid to not touch the stove.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:43 PM

LOL, yeah I never like them in the first place the last time I bought and intake took almost a week to get here. Origionally was going to buy an AEM for my SS/SC, but the bastards were short handed. So I guess the JETS is the bad idea route, was hoping it would be a solution and a benefit.

Originally Posted by peachpuff
You're taking an initiative towards a product that is simply a bandaid fix, don't waste your money. You have no idea how much it even alters the maf signal or if it'll make the hahn intake work properly. If this would at least be adjustable like the maf translator then maybe, but its not.
thank you for the input, I have really no idea what the JET will do because they told me they don't have one designed for the LNF. Those damn Hahn Intakes are in hot demand, everywhere I go mpx or ttr are sold out. Just had mine order last week and have no idea when it will ship out.

Originally Posted by peachpuff
thank you for the input, I have really no idea what the JET will do because they told me they don't have one designed for the LNF even though the stores say it fits. Those damn Hahn Intakes are in hot demand, everywhere I go mpx or ttr are sold out. Just had mine order last week and have no idea when it will ship out.

Last edited by efactor; 04-06-2010 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
thank you for the input, I have really no idea what the JET will do because they told me they don't have one designed for the LNF even though the stores say it fits. Those damn Hahn Intakes are in hot demand, everywhere I go mpx or ttr are sold out. Just had mine order last week and have no idea when it will ship out.
The Hahn intakes are shipping in the order recieved, everyone should get in their order ASAP, as the sooner you order the better. Tracking should be available soon for yours we hope
Old 04-17-2011, 09:18 PM

I have a jet chips MAS on my 07 supercharged cobalt, its been on for about 6 months and still working fine.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:23 PM

Received 222 Likes on 182 Posts
i have one in my 09 g5 gt
Old 04-17-2011, 09:56 PM

tried both Stage 1 and Stage 2 models on my LE5. They did what they advertised. Though it wasnt as apparent till i took them off. Then noticed a slight loss of power.

But like I said im an LE5