2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Need help regarding what to do with my turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help regarding what to do with my turbo

To keep things short and simple, we just poured oil out of my intercooler and upper intercooler pipe.

I'm still fairly low on the learning curve so I don't really know what to do next. I planned on upgrading the turbo eventually so simply replacing it with another stock K04 seems a bit pointless to me.

I don't want anything too crazy. My eventual end goal for the car is maybe somewhere in the 330-400hp range, and I'd like it to keep its daily driveability. Whether or not that's completely realistic I also don't really know.

Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-15-2017, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
So for sure turbo is done? Or is it just a years worth of blow by? Cause I'm that case ud need Powell separator. As for the turbo. Get a z54 if u can
Old 07-15-2017, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The guy who checked it all out(dad's friend who was also Saab tech and has lots of turbo experience) says it's done. I don't know personally know enough to 100% say yes or no for sure, but based on the amount of oil I saw, what he said, and other issues I've been having with the car I think it's done.

Would it be worth having it rebuilt to a higher degree possibly? Depending on what the K04 can handle, and cost for that vs all-new turbo, I'd consider doing something along those lines.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:50 PM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
The best looking turbo for replacement right now would be the z54 from zzp. Another option is the ko4r from turbobay but you will need to have e47 or meth for you to see good gains on the R