2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

LNF jumped time need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 07:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LNF jumped time need help

Hello,

Ok so the LNF jumped time, and pretty sure I smacked valves. Just wanted to pick your alls brains. Just confirming the things I need,

Timing chain kit
Head gasket
Head/valves
exhuast/intake mani gasket
turbo gasket,
downpipe gasket
head bolts/studs

Anything I am missing?

Also ISO front mount intercooler
Old 01-11-2017, 08:41 PM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
Antifreeze, are you going to reuse the cam actuators? Maybe the hpfp duel line if you goober it up. Hope you didn't hit the Pistons. How did you do it?
Old 01-11-2017, 08:58 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
A new ldk long block.

/thread
Old 01-11-2017, 11:28 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
HPFP line should be fine, just don't go scraping things with it.

Really though ECaulk has a good point. If you can afford it, get an LDK block. Won't have to worry about the block cracking down the line.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:23 AM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
I was on mobile so I missed a few things if he wants to go the engine rebuild route, since you'll have it down you'll want new lifters and cam guides, you'll want to have a machine shop check the head out if you smacked a valve and you'll likely need at least one new piston. Unless you have time and tools at your disposal I strongly recommend going with the LDK.

Also either route you go I recommend you replace the clutch, flywheel, TOB, etc since you'll have it torn apart already.

Side note I'm selling a TR8 intercooler kit, PM me and i'll send pics.

Originally Posted by YelloEye
HPFP line should be fine, just don't go scraping things with it.

Really though ECaulk has a good point. If you can afford it, get an LDK block. Won't have to worry about the block cracking down the line.
When you add the cost up for the parts youre damn close to a new LDK.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
But an ldk, the lnf block is garbage. Never know when the porus block will strike
Old 01-12-2017, 08:49 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
might want to add valve guides and seals. the valve seats might need a little work too. a machine shop will tell you what needs fixin'. might just want to buy a rebuilt head.

before tearing it apart, might want to pop the valve cover off and loosen all the cam caps until there's no tension on them. the valve springs will push the cams up which will close all the valves. then I've taken a compression tester, removed the little valve in the end with some needle nose pliers. they are usually threaded in there and come out easily. once that valve is removed I thread the compression tester hose into the spark plug hole. oh, first remove the spark plugs. once the hose is threaded in, take an air compressor line and connect it to the compression tester hose. wherever you hear or feel air coming out of is where the problem is. if it's coming out of the intake, bent intake valves. coming out the exhaust, bent exhaust valves. coming out of the PCV line, rings/piston.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:30 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by ECaulk
I was on mobile so I missed a few things if he wants to go the engine rebuild route, since you'll have it down you'll want new lifters and cam guides, you'll want to have a machine shop check the head out if you smacked a valve and you'll likely need at least one new piston. Unless you have time and tools at your disposal I strongly recommend going with the LDK.

Also either route you go I recommend you replace the clutch, flywheel, TOB, etc since you'll have it torn apart already.

Side note I'm selling a TR8 intercooler kit, PM me and i'll send pics.

When you add the cost up for the parts youre damn close to a new LDK.
I burned $600 on doing a headgasket, only to find out it that wasn't it. ZZP LDK block saves the day at the cost of your wallet.