2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

P0335 & p0331

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P0335 & p0331

Hey guys,

I'm in need of some assistance from y'all.

I guess to start off, I have a 2009 SS with the LNF Engine.

So, about a year ago I posted on here saying that I had a P0331 after buying a car with a tune slapped on it and the tune ended up being too lean. So, instead of taking it to a tuner to fix the previous owners screw up or buying some software to do it myself (I was in a tight spot) I was able to gain access to SPS and Tech2Win so I just re-flashed my car back to stock and it solved the problem.

Well, a year later I'm getting a P0335 Crankshaft position sensor and a P0331 Knock Sensor bank 2 performance code (same as previous).

I swapped out the Crankshaft Position sensor and it solved my P0335 and 331 for about 3 days then the P0331 came back and the day after that the P0335 came back with a vengeance and left me stranded. I thought that there was a relearn procedure that I skipped, but the GM documentation and the Tech2Win software don't state that there is a procedure to relearn the Crank.

After clearing the codes with the Tech2 I now only have the Knock performance code. I've replaced Spark plugs, got fresh gas from a reputable station, and still not getting anywhere.

My next step is to check the knock sensor to see if it's faulty and replace it after work today to see if that solves the problem. If anyone has any ideas as to what else might be going on or any other troubleshooting steps that I should be looking at I would greatly appreciate the advice.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by twilson380; 06-19-2017 at 11:14 AM.