Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.0L LNF Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lnf-performance-tech-153/)
-   -   P2227. Tried Reflashing, swapping computers, code still pops up... (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lnf-performance-tech-153/p2227-tried-reflashing-swapping-computers-code-still-pops-up-296283/)

FasterIsBetter 04-14-2013 12:15 AM

P2227. Tried Reflashing, swapping computers, code still pops up...

I have a P2227 Barometric Pressure Sensor Performance DTC. I have tried reflashing the car multiple times with HP tuners. GM says this code on the LNF means a bad flash and to reflash the computer. I have done a write entire multiple times. My only other option is to flash maybe an old tune file or to get the car returned. PCM has been changed as well. It really doesn't affect my drivability of the car. The AFRs always stay close to the commanded value during wot. Car seems to run great still. Just throwing this code. I told a friend about it with a big turbo srt4 and he said they don't even run them on their cars once they go big turbo. Hoping maybe someone else had the same issue and can chime in.

fl0wVdub 04-14-2013 02:31 AM

Change Ur map sensors the lnf has two of them. These sensors read barometric pressures or manifold absolute pressure. Check Ur connections first.

SSlobalt 04-14-2013 06:16 PM

Barometric pressure is actually calculated by the ECM, using the MAP sensors and some other data that I don't know of, but I remember seeing the solution to this issue being a new ECM for one guy and another guy being tuned for 2.5 bars when he had 3 bars. I don't think a TMAP causes this error, but I'm not sure.

FasterIsBetter 04-14-2013 07:20 PM

I'm running 3 bar maps and tuned for them. I have 2 ECMs. Throws the code with the same tune on both.

Omiotek 04-14-2013 07:51 PM

Did you change to a new set map sensors?

fl0wVdub 04-14-2013 08:16 PM

Do u have the harnesses or did u have the pigtails,

FasterIsBetter 04-14-2013 10:33 PM

I have the harnesses from ced. And no I haven't changed my map sensors because I am not throwing a code at all for those.

SSlobalt 04-16-2013 09:32 PM

I would try a new MAP sensor, not the TMAP. They are cheap and it is worth a shot. I think the other sensor the ECM uses for the calculation is the MAF, but I'm not positive.

Are you absolutely positive your tune did not get corrupted?

FasterIsBetter 04-16-2013 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by SSlobalt (Post 7004549)
I would try a new MAP sensor, not the TMAP. They are cheap and it is worth a shot. I think the other sensor the ECM uses for the calculation is the MAF, but I'm not positive.

Are you absolutely positive your tune did not get corrupted?

That's what I have been thinking, my tune file is corrupt. I just wondered if someone else had the same issue. No sensor codes other than the barometric pressure sensor. And reflashing not helping. And yes I know the ecm compares values between the maf sensor and map sensor. But I would think if one were bad it would throw a code for that sensor since it uses its values to come up with a calculation of barometric pressure. I just don't want to throw parts at it period. Cost isn't the issue, I'd just hate to wait a week for sensors and then put the new ones in only to find that doesn't solve the issue.

SSlobalt 04-17-2013 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by FasterIsBetter (Post 7004763)
That's what I have been thinking, my tune file is corrupt. I just wondered if someone else had the same issue. No sensor codes other than the barometric pressure sensor. And reflashing not helping. And yes I know the ecm compares values between the maf sensor and map sensor. But I would think if one were bad it would throw a code for that sensor since it uses its values to come up with a calculation of barometric pressure. I just don't want to throw parts at it period. Cost isn't the issue, I'd just hate to wait a week for sensors and then put the new ones in only to find that doesn't solve the issue.

I find more baro-errors on the Sky/Soltstice forums. You might have better luck, there.

GTOworshiper9 04-18-2013 11:01 AM

Your baro sensor is your map sensor. Ecm looks at the map sensor before the engine starts to determine if you're in denver or death valley. Since you tried the ecm re-flash route then it's more then likely the sensors.

Get a scanner and take a look at the baro pid and see what it says koeo and koer

FasterIsBetter 04-18-2013 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by GTOworshiper9 (Post 7006521)
Your baro sensor is your map sensor. Ecm looks at the map sensor before the engine starts to determine if you're in denver or death valley. Since you tried the ecm re-flash route then it's more then likely the sensors.

Get a scanner and take a look at the baro pid and see what it says koeo and koer

I have a barometric pressure reading on the interceptor but not my rpd. And I have had map sensor failure before on the lower charge pipe and intake manifold. Its never thrown a barometric pressure sensor code, but what you say does make sense. I'll check it out after I try another tune.

fl0wVdub 04-19-2013 07:10 AM

Which I said originally was to change Ur sensors.....just my two cents

FasterIsBetter 04-19-2013 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by fl0wVdub (Post 7007919)
Which I said originally was to change Ur sensors.....just my two cents

Alright cocky ass. And what I said was I wanted to make sure. I didn't want to wait a week for sensors and that not fix my issue.

Nate08SS 07-09-2013 03:14 AM

Sorry to revive old threads but was new sensors the fix?

tomj77 07-09-2013 09:41 AM

Ever tried flashing back to stock and seeing if its ur tune files

FasterIsBetter 07-17-2013 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by tomj77 (Post 7093438)
Ever tried flashing back to stock and seeing if its ur tune files

I couldn't have flashed back to stock. Car is a built 2.1L with ported head, cams, and S256et with a blow thru maf setup. It never had any knock and the afrs were spot on. But the car has since been sold to a guy locally then he drove the piss out of it for a few weeks racing everything he saw and never let the car cool down when he shut it off. Ended up eating the turbo seals and bearings as well as destroying the 2nd gear synchro so he sold it to a guy in Maryland or Michigan. Not sure which.