2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Powell v.3 oil/air separator with s256et, setup help

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Powell v.3 oil/air separator with s256et, setup help

Bought this car not too long ago with the s256et kit already installed. All other basic bolt-ons, LDK, etc.

Could tell soon after that the valves needed cleaned pretty bad. Took a look, major coking. Decided to put the Powell v.3 on when I cleaned them. Clearly I didn't do enough research into how ZZP sets up the s256et kit.

What I've found so far:

FAI (middle port, back of valve cover) is capped off
MAF is relocated
s256et has no bung/flange at the turbo inlet

If I understand correctly, I need a check valve line (FAI) running from the bung behind the air filter to the middle port on back of valve cover. But isn't this supposed to be post MAF? MAF is relocated post-BOV.

I also will need to weld in a bung near the turbo to run a line to the separator?

Is there anybody out there running an s256et with Powell's setup? Can you chime in how you made this work?

Also, I know you're looking into this already for me John, thanks for the help!

Last edited by dgascho; 09-27-2017 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
Ok here we go....... Weld 2 aluminum bungs into ur intake. One as close to the turbo as u can, the other closer to air filter. The middle port on valve cover Get a 1/8 npt to an6 90 degree fitting and install. Then make an an6 braided stainless line , maybe 5 inch long, use heat sheilding on it. Also get an an6 to 3/8 barb fitting to screw into the intake side of that line. Goto createngine depot and get their stock line with check valve. Connect rubber hose to barb of fitting and barb of check valve and check valve connects to port on intake closest to air filter. Whith whatever fitting works. I use barb there also. Bungs are 1/4 npt btw. The second bung, closest to turbo, should have a 1/4 npt to an6 , mine is 90 degree, and the line from the separator connects to that one.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
The maf has nothing to do with that pcv system so it doesn't matter if its there or not. Don t worry bout it
Old 09-27-2017, 07:51 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Originally Posted by tomj77
The maf has nothing to do with that pcv system so it doesn't matter if its there or not. Don t worry bout it
It being relocated would make it easier for him to tap for the near filter line, just tap the block off plate and boom there you are
Old 09-27-2017, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. That's basically what I had figured, just was under the impression that the FAI needed to be downstream from the MAF, and wasn't sure if I needed to "relocate" it back to stock position.