2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Question about my cars BOV Setup

Old 01-04-2017, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about my cars BOV Setup

I bought this car secondhand so I don't really have a good idea about the history of it.

All I know is I'm running a Trifecta tune, HKS BOV inside a Dejon Hot-Side Pipe, BPV Blockoff Plate, however the MAF is in the stock location.

My car gets pretty bad gas mileage. I'm thinking (since I've explored almost every other option in the book) that it could be because of rich-spikes due to not having a MAF relocation.

Could this be the case? Should I get a MAF relocation with an HKS BOV?
I've been told I'd need a retune, unless the Trifecta tune I have is the "ECP Tune".

Also does anyone think I could get Trifecta to retune for me if it doesn't already have the ECP tune on it?
Old 01-04-2017, 10:23 PM
Platinum Member

Received 584 Likes on 519 Posts
Dont even mess with trifecta, get a custom tune using hptuners, you wont regret it.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Slowbalt2000
Dont even mess with trifecta, get a custom tune using hptuners, you wont regret it.
Planning on it in the future, but for now I'm sticking with the Trifecta. I've been told Trifecta will tune for a MAF relocate.
Question is, should I do it?

I like the sound of the BOV (I'd never spend my own money on it) but I don't see a point in going back to BPV or a recirculating BOV if I'm going to have to spend the money anyways on a new intake, BPV, etc.

Is not having the MAF Relocate actually doing harm?
Old 01-05-2017, 08:21 AM
Platinum Member

Not hurting anything besides your mpg and potentially your engine. If your mpg is bad enough to really notice i would not be running my car like that. Good luck even getting in touch with trifecta.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:21 AM
Platinum Member

Definitely get it tuned for your mods either way
Old 01-05-2017, 08:46 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I had an HKS on an Eclipse I had. it was very responsive so it could have something to do with your poor fuel mileage. but without logging data it's hard to say. I think there's some apps you can download on your phone and get a plug to put in your obd2 to get data. but as for the HKS, you could go back to having the BPV on the turbo and get rid of the HKS, or get a MAF relocate to the cold side pipe, or recirculate the HKS into the intake after the MAF. HKS sells a flange for the SSQV so you can slide a hose over the end of it.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:44 AM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Do a boost leak test, if you are on the ECP tune then it will still drive semi ok with a nasty boost leak.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:26 PM

I'm already on Trifecta and been tuned to the current mods on the car.
I've decided to just buy an adapter for my HKS to convert it to recirculating. My intake has the proper bung for it and personally I don't care about the sound. I guarantee this will solve a lot of my drivability problems including extreme rev-hang (probably from having to burn all that extra fuel from the rich-spikes). This way I don't have to deal with Trifecta and can get HPTuned much easier.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
Trifecta tunes are rich and suck especially their bov tunes. Get a maf relocate or recirculate and something other than trifecta
Old 01-05-2017, 04:06 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Hello Process,

The main issue is that your MAF is in the wrong location. To run an external blow of valve, you need to have your MAF relocated and proeprly tuned for it. Frankly that is the best way Personally in your situation I would get rid of the BOV. It offers no performance gain and its making your car run terribly. Get a proper upper intercooler pipe, route your factory bypass valve back and you'll be far happier.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
Hello Process,

The main issue is that your MAF is in the wrong location. To run an external blow of valve, you need to have your MAF relocated and proeprly tuned for it. Frankly that is the best way Personally in your situation I would get rid of the BOV. It offers no performance gain and its making your car run terribly. Get a proper upper intercooler pipe, route your factory bypass valve back and you'll be far happier.
I'm just going to make my BOV Recirculate. That's the cheapest and easiest way to do it. I didn't put the BOV on my car, personally I'd be on stock or an upgraded BPV if I had the choice, but since I already have the HKS and don't want to have to buy a whole new chargepipe, I'm just going to convert the HKS to recirculate.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by tomj77
Trifecta tunes are rich and suck especially their bov tunes. Get a maf relocate or recirculate and something other than trifecta
I was told by Trifecta that my car does not have an ECP tune on it. The car was tuned before they offered that and hasn't be updated since. I'm getting an HPTune whenever I get my clutch done.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by Process
I was told by Trifecta that my car does not have an ECP tune on it. The car was tuned before they offered that and hasn't be updated since. I'm getting an HPTune whenever I get my clutch done.
Well then that's even worse, ur car is blowing off a lot of metered air the ecu is expecting.

Search this Thread