2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Stage kits..If you choose to belive me

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 11:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stage kits..If you choose to belive me

Hey Guys,
I know in multiple threads people have said GM will not produce any stage kits for these motors but I have heard something different this afternoon

This information came from the same guy would said over a year ago the ZR1 vette is supercharged and was rated at 620 horse. And told me a year and a half ago about the HHR SS.

I am told because it it direct injection they will simiply have a flash tune to boost power to 290 hp however it will require premium feul.

I am amazing these cars will be able to handle this kind of power. I was thinking about buying a supercharged cobalt but it too many people are breaking transmission, axles, etc.. I want a fun economic 14 second car, but not one that will have many issues.

Welll...time will tell.... if this end up making production, I would like an apology from the disbelievers.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok why not buy a cheap ss/sc drop 4 grand and have over 400 horses
Old 05-09-2008, 11:15 PM

uh a reflash isn't exactly a stage kit. is it?
Old 05-09-2008, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by bri2203
Hey Guys,
I know in multiple threads people have said GM will not produce any stage kits for these motors but I have heard something different this afternoon

This information came from the same guy would said over a year ago the ZR1 vette is supercharged and was rated at 620 horse. And told me a year and a half ago about the HHR SS.

I am told because it it direct injection they will simiply have a flash tune to boost power to 290 hp however it will require premium feul.

I am amazing these cars will be able to handle this kind of power. I was thinking about buying a supercharged cobalt but it too many people are breaking transmission, axles, etc.. I want a fun economic 14 second car, but not one that will have many issues.

Welll...time will tell.... if this end up making production, I would like an apology from the disbelievers.

With the new Cobalt SS/TC you will have a fun econimic car that runs high 13s stock. It won't break if you do minor things and take good car of the car.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by 2fastSS
ok why not buy a cheap ss/sc drop 4 grand and have over 400 horses
Because its used.
Because the reflash will be warrentied for 100,000 miles.
Because the SS/SC's clutch and tranny wont hold that too well.
Because the TC hangs with a Mustang GT stock for stock
I could go on for days...

Hey Guys,

I believe you, but i think the kit is going to consist of more then just a reflash.
An intake, re-flash, and some better piping would be a good Stage 1 kit.

Last edited by Magill8; 05-09-2008 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-09-2008, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
With the new Cobalt SS/TC you will have a fun econimic car that runs high 13s stock. It won't break if you do minor things and take good car of the car.
I wouldn't mind buying a new SS/TC but my dad just got his used car dealers license so in the next couple months I will buy a 1 or 2 year old car for a great price. Last time I was there an 05 SS with 25,000 miles brought 10,800. So I was thinking over next winter with the turbo charged model comming out it would be a great time to get an 07 SS for around 11-12. But, I don't want it to become a money pit. I enjoy working on cars but doing repairs on a DD is no fun.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Magill8
Because its used.

I believe you, but i think the kit is going to consist of more then just a reflash.
my stock ss/sc hang with the GT mustangs right now?
Old 05-09-2008, 11:39 PM

Because its used.

uh, the tc tranny is all that great...
Old 05-09-2008, 11:42 PM

Because its used.

If you are going to upgrade anyways - buying a used vehicle makes more sense

Stage kits on the 07's are rated for a 100k mile warrenty if I am not mistaken.

SS/SC and SS/TC trans are the same and will "hold" the same

Plus...easier to upgrade the LSJ as well.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by fballman1987
uh, the tc tranny is all that great...
I believe they still used the F35 from the SS \ SC in the TC lol
Old 05-09-2008, 11:48 PM

I wouldn't mind buying a new SS/TC but my dad just got his used car dealers license so in the next couple months I will buy a 1 or 2 year old car for a great price. Last time I was there an 05 SS with 25,000 miles brought 10,800. So I was thinking over next winter with the turbo charged model comming out it would be a great time to get an 07 SS for around 11-12. But, I don't want it to become a money pit. I enjoy working on cars but doing repairs on a DD is no fun.
bri2203 like father like son { used car salesman
Old 05-10-2008, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Pully Police
If you are going to upgrade anyways - buying a used vehicle makes more sense

Stage kits on the 07's are rated for a 100k mile warrenty if I am not mistaken.

SS/SC and SS/TC trans are the same and will "hold" the same

Plus...easier to upgrade the LSJ as well.
The point I was making was about the kid who said buy a used cobalt and drop 4 grand on it. he wouldnt have the warrenty anymore.

and the clutch is much better on the LNF (So GM reps have said)
Old 05-10-2008, 12:13 AM

exedy makes the stock clutch for the lsj and it is fine, people just need to learn how to drive in most cases.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:20 AM

True. But what I said came from GM reps. So its not like im saying "oh the LSJ's clutch sucks!"

Im just saying GM reportedly beefed it up big time.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:21 AM

Some people at gm actually know what they are talking about some talk out of there asses. I might expect a beefier clutch though with no lift shift.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:33 AM

I say get the SS/T.

Stock, you'll have more hp (fact), better suspension (proven in handling/slalom tests), and you won't have the tons of problems that people who know how to drive a stick are having with the clutches (historically proven).

I like my SS/SC a lot, but I'd advise you to wait for the SS/T (if they EVER start producing the freakin car!).
Old 05-10-2008, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by firemanfrank
I say get the SS/T.

Stock, you'll have more hp (fact), better suspension (proven in handling/slalom tests), and you won't have the tons of problems that people who know how to drive a stick are having with the clutches (historically proven).

I like my SS/SC a lot, but I'd advise you to wait for the SS/T (if they EVER start producing the freakin car!).
Ummm.... i think i should give up telling people they are producing the Cobalt ss/tc anymore, not getting through to anyone
Old 05-10-2008, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by lsjwannabe
exedy makes the stock clutch for the lsj and it is fine, people just need to learn how to drive in most cases.
QFT ....there are exceptions but they are few .

The Solstice/Sky reflash will work in the Cobalt but its not being marketed for the Cobalt under GMMP The 08/09 Cobalt SS will only be on the market for 1.5 years , why would they go thru the cost of the certification for such a short run of cars .
Old 05-10-2008, 01:08 AM

On the show "Set Up" on Speed Channel, those LNF Solstice cars had GM stage kits. And the SS/SC actually beat the Mustang GT in the "Lightning Lap" competition at VIR. Check it out in the Car and Driver article here: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ature/(page)/1
Old 05-10-2008, 01:12 AM

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by firemanfrank
I say get the SS/T.

Frank, welcome to last month LOL.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:19 PM

You're a retard. My mother has a 2006 Mustang GT with $10K worth of performance parts. She gets 400 at the flywheel; 320 at the wheels. I smoked her bad (almost 1/2 mile worth of distance on a 4 mile stretch) with my stock SS/SC. And it's not cause she can't drive stick. She can shift better than I ever will...
Old 05-10-2008, 05:54 PM

Your obviously bull shitting out of your moms ****.

You ever talk to me again Ill e-lynch you.

I can't believe a kid with 10 posts that nobody knows tryed to call me out. $10k worth of mods. Are you serious? Thats beyond just supercharging the bitch.

Unbelievable, ****** kids these days.

and If I get banned for saying what I sayed that this world has def. gone to ****
Old 05-10-2008, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by 533y4
You're a retard. My mother has a 2006 Mustang GT with $10K worth of performance parts. She gets 400 at the flywheel; 320 at the wheels. I smoked her bad (almost 1/2 mile worth of distance on a 4 mile stretch) with my stock SS/SC. And it's not cause she can't drive stick. She can shift better than I ever will...
if your mom put 10k into a mustang and can't outrun your cobalt she must have forgot to put the e-brake down. 10k into a mustang that cant hang with a cobalt is a rediculous statement. a 10 thousand dollar paint job doesn't count as performance mods. i've seen and personally driven mustangs with minor mods that will run down an ss/sc, to even claim that you left a highly modded mustang 1/2 a mile behind you should be banned!

as for the stage kits for the ss/tc:
crate engine depot did hint that there would be stage kits for the lnf cobalt. since 8/10 ss/sc's have the stage 2, i would think GM seen the popularity of performance upgrades with these models and do the same for the newer cobalt SS model. also the fact that stage kits were made for the solstice/skye models i almost guarantee that the LNF cobalt will receive the same type of upgrades.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 533y4
Get real kid a stock 06 GT would smoke your ass.

What's up with these outrageous bullshit stories from the chodebalt kids?
Old 05-11-2008, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by SilverSS/SC
QFT ....there are exceptions but they are few .

The Solstice/Sky reflash will work in the Cobalt but its not being marketed for the Cobalt under GMMP The 08/09 Cobalt SS will only be on the market for 1.5 years , why would they go thru the cost of the certification for such a short run of cars .
Well back on topic,

Why will they only be producing the SS turbo for a year and a half?
I would think the cobalt would need a redesign in two years because it has been produced since what 2004(or 05)?

Quick Reply: Stage kits..If you choose to belive me