2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Bankrupt..clutch pedal fall in the bottom

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 03:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bankrupt..clutch pedal fall in the bottom

Ok so i will try my best to explain my problem in this language...ssoooooooo 2 years ago i have bought a cobalt ss with a 2.0l trubo swap in it 8000miles engine/tranny...the body had 30 000 miles at that time now it has around 50 000 miles to it…..aftermarket parts was already installed on it that i dont know the brand except the magnaflow 2.5'' catless whole exhaust 1081.00$....the rest i cant tell the brand...it had a bigger downpipe...cold air intake...front mount intercooler that i dont know the brand too…it has been Hptuned….3 hour dyno….and FINALLY. a clutch stage 4!!!!!!! that i cant tell the brand too…..the guys from which iv bought the car had a 15 000$ bill with him. and he gave it to me...of course the brand of the part are not written on the bill just the amount of $$$$ for each parts…..that guy sold the car to I for a ridiculous amount 6000$...and im strating to think it was a trap because even if the car seems brand new at first and its drive like a brand new in fact…...The god damn clutch pedal fell in the bottom 2 weeks after i bough the car after a drag race on a drag strip...the oil just emptied everywhere below the engine and they had to pull me to the entrance niiiiiiceeee -.- i call a towing and go to the garage….180$ towing and the guy at the garage tells me….yo the master cylinder arms just took off its isnt broken no so worry no need to change it i just hooked it back in place there was a clip which wasnt used to hold it in place you should be fine now so its another 100$...…..3month later im back from works with my girlfriend and the same freaking thing happens clutch pedal bottom out and oil spilled everywhere….i call a towing same story same SHyt another 300$ for nothing but this time the guy at the garage tells me this….i dont know what is happening with your master cylinder arm...iv put a bracket used on air shock to hold it in place it should be fine now but next time you prolly need to change the part…..this time i got tired so in september i got the into my garage and it slept there until may…...i told myself maybe with this kind of bracket on it it will hold somewhat this year…..2 month later same shyt the clutch pedal get to the bottom and oil everywhere on the ground...i must say when iv bought the car from this guy the clutch felt like a new one...really hard and friction point very near the bottom like a on/off switch but as time go by its starting to make a flic a flic a flic noise in the tranny when im idling and when i press the clutch pedal its stop until i release it back...what im saying has happened 3 times in 2 years now… and as time goes by the clutch becomes more like my pontiac g5 smooth like a turd clutch and sometimes i get grind when i shift gear and it can be any gear really until the god damn clutch pedal get to the freaking bottom and oil everywhere…….this is the second years i have this car and this is the third time i need to call towing and go to the garage…..this time the guy tells me….i just cant put it back in place i dont know how they did before but its all stripped i need to get the tranny out its 8hours and 200$ for the cylinder...****!...so i just paid another 855$bill for this Shyt and this time he told me and there is a kind of very small oil cap in the cylinder where the arms connect and it just pop off...so this is where i am….im scared to get the car out on the street again because i did about 10km on the street since the last repair and its already starting to flic a flic a flic in the tranny until i press the clutch pedal and when i release this goes on and on and on ..this feels like an endless cycle and im near bankrupt we dont know what to do i need this car to go to work and iv almost lost my job because of it….what was supposed to be nice little stock setup with a tune is in fact a real nightmare and im starting to wonder if i should ask the garage to remove the tranny once again PUT BACK A GOD DAMN STOCK CLUTCH and a new cylinder once again 1500$$$$$$$$$....but were not even sure if this will solve the probleme thats why im begging for help cause im lost here...i know mechanic more then average people but im no mechanic

Last edited by Lnfsenpai; 07-25-2018 at 03:27 AM.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What kind of clutch was in there ? Seems like the tob failed , get it replaced with a new tob and go with the gmpp clutch . I hear you man don’t worry I blew my motor a few months ago and just got a replacement along with a new turbo and clutch cost me about 4800$ now and I’m praying the install goes good and I don’t get any more surprises for a while . These cars are like a sexy lady with a bad attitude , we keep giving in even though the headaches are killing us .
The following users liked this post:
Lnfsenpai (07-25-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 02:51 PM

I cant tell what kind of clutch is in there it was written stage 4 on sheet thats all....whats so special about this gmpp clutch? and is this the reason why the trow out bearing keep failing every 3 month
Old 07-25-2018, 03:13 PM

Received 417 Likes on 341 Posts
it's difficult to tell what's going on, but i'm guessing the hose is popping off of your master cylinder, or the "arm" as you're calling it. There's a spring clip that holds the clutch line in. Either that or the inlet pipe isn't latching. I doubt your TOB (throw out bearing) or clutch are the issue here. If it's the metal spring clip, hopefully the new cylinder and a new clutch line took care of the problem.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:17 PM

the mechanic only replaced the cylinder...it took 8 hours and 855$...10km later its still making that rattle noise it used to do when im on idle and not holding the clutch pedal and the rattle disapear when im holding it....so i bet it keep will poping off like it did 3 time already even with the new cylinder...the pedal is still firm and the friction point is that the bottom yet so i still have time to think about it about as soon as im starting to get random grind between gear and the pedal gets less and less firm its should be a good idea to order a gmpp clutch like that guy in the first post told me along with a new clutch line and a cylinder or maybe the clutch line comes with the clutch itself idk im no mechanic but thank you guys anyway that helped me a little bit

Last edited by Lnfsenpai; 07-25-2018 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:26 PM

any aftermarket clutch has been causing tobs to fail pre maturely its the thickness of the pressure plate causing the tob to fail. the tob has to travel further or less then stock .They do sell spacers but you gotta measure to see how thick of a spacer is required. The gmpp clutch is popular cause its manufactured to stock specs only its a bit tougher, seems to handle guys running 370 whp/tq without a problem also its sold for a good price on CED....

tob spacer :
Old 07-25-2018, 10:39 PM

GOD THANK YOU M8....thats the answer iv been wishing the hear for the past 2 years....if only i would have known before that.....so i need to order a gmpp clutch along with a "tob" ..a clutch line and a master cylinder? That make 4 parts right?
Old 07-25-2018, 11:34 PM

yes sir they sell the hole kit here bro : Ecotec LSJ Clutch Upgrade Kit 19212712

it say lsj but works on our cars . trust me this is the one everybodys been running on there lnf just check the drivetrain section of this forum ....

Also u might wanna grab a new flywheel while your in there : https://zzperformance.com/ecotec/tra...0l-gm-flywheel
Old 07-26-2018, 12:01 AM

Niiceeeeeee =) is this stock flywheel or a lighter one since itz zzp i was wondering they use to do performance part it looks sharp though god im so stress releived now thanks again ill be ordering this tommorow
Old 07-26-2018, 12:34 AM

no problem bro glad i could help . and its a stock replacement but trust me get a stock flywheel and gmpp clutch kit and you transmission will love you .

Got my motor ready with a new k04 about to drop it in just waiting for the gmpp clutch to arrive
Old 07-26-2018, 02:30 AM

Nice is this stock turbo ? K04? One last question...i need to buy that ggmp clutch upgrade kit + the zzp oem flywheel but do i need to buy another cylinder even if the one they just install last week is brand new because it is not included in the gmpp clutch kit and i can hear some strange rattle once again in my tranny...i dont want to buy all this get it installed and have the same probleme because last time they took the tranny out they've only change the cylinder.....the clutch is fine now but its still making that rattle noise
Old 07-26-2018, 11:42 AM

no you just need the gmpp kit and flywheel , oh yah new flywheel bolts they are tty bolts make sure you select the ones for 2.0 l . The rattle is probably cause you tob took a dump and the clutch is fucked.

and yah k04 is stock i have no need for the z54 turbo yet im gonna se how my build goes on e47 plus the transmission will be happy with the stock turbo.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:02 AM

cant find those tty bolts on ced
Old 07-27-2018, 02:51 AM

They have flywheel bolts there sold separately u need 8 or go to zzp they also sell them make sure to select 2.0l in the drop down menu
Old 07-27-2018, 11:39 AM

Received 417 Likes on 341 Posts
Flywheel Bolt 11570626
Old 07-27-2018, 12:02 PM

^^
Old 07-28-2018, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
ya when clutch is changed everything in there has to be changed. tob, clutch pipe. an aftermarket stage 4 clutch will most likely rattle, that's normal. they are chattery. and ya some of these aftermarket clutches need a spacer or they hyper extend and blow out. I used one with my zzp stage 4 and without, worked both ways, which tells me, without it was only a matter of time before it would have gone. I also had a ky clutch at one time that should have had one. after a run my peddle would goto the floor and id have to pump it to get pressure back. a proper mechanic should have known all this...get a new one. or do it ur self next time and save a ton of money.
The following users liked this post:
Lnfsenpai (07-28-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 04:54 PM

you have been of huge i knew i could count on you gm guys….close this topic
Old 07-30-2018, 02:36 AM

Glad we could help