2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

315ss #HondaHunting Lsj

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 02:43 PM

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
I'm an unintentional *******. I just don't see a reason to coddle people. Honesty works better and so much gets lost through text only interactions.

I don't understand why people post questions but argue everyone's advice and opinions.

People try to find/ force people to reinforce their own ideas in their heads.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts
Honda hunting huh? I see you are only in New York. Im in Connecticut. Want to race a civic?

Old 09-07-2017, 04:30 PM

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts
Wow, now we even have mods piling on

What a **** show of a ******* joke
Old 09-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts
second post was from a mod lol.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:42 PM

Received 140 Likes on 120 Posts
sorry but im sitting here with my popcorn and a large slushy. this is gooooodddd
The following 2 users liked this post by hawkssoccer11:
keiserX13 (09-07-2017), Snail_SS (09-07-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 04:53 PM
Banned

Received 96 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
Honda hunting huh? I see you are only in New York. Im in Connecticut. Want to race a civic?
Not fair... your car exhales fire
Old 09-07-2017, 04:59 PM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Man
Wow, now we even have mods piling on

What a **** show of a ******* joke
you have a GMtech quote in your sig...he was the king of being a dick. and you're crying about a mod? they aren't above anyone else.

**** you guys think this is bad? the mods on NASIOC would have already given most of you infractions for being idiots and locked this down already
Old 09-07-2017, 05:00 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Originally Posted by leemanfor
you have a GMtech quote in your sig...he was the king of being a dick. and you're crying about a mod? they aren't above anyone else.

**** you guys think this is bad? the mods on NASIOC would have already given most of you infractions for being idiots and locked this down already
I have a feeling you are confusing what the subject of the joke comment is.

Oh and **** your cuck ass STi and NASIOC
Old 09-07-2017, 05:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ECaulk
I have a feeling you are confusing what the subject of the joke comment is.

Oh and **** your cuck ass STi and NASIOC

U mad bro?
Old 09-07-2017, 05:15 PM

U mad bro?
Naw just can't resist a chance to **** on the slow spooling STi
Old 09-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Banned

******* white people
The following 3 users liked this post by user 72239:
07MetallicSC (09-07-2017), double clutch (09-07-2017), ECaulk (09-07-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 05:33 PM

******* white people
You're whiter than snow
Old 09-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Banned

yep. so i can say ******* white people.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:46 PM
Platinum Member

Received 584 Likes on 519 Posts
Im down to race too
Old 09-07-2017, 07:40 PM

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

My sig quote is a funny ass joke, by a regular forum member. And yes, he was THE king dick.
Being a dick is what it is but looking at this thread and watching people pile on for no apparent reason, simply because the guy was doing something different. That to me is really lame.

When a mod jumps in and is the first person to start being a ****, this sets a precedent that it's okay. They're here to moderate things not start a **** show.

I could care less what a bunch of douche flute ******* do on their own forum.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:13 PM
Platinum Member

Received 584 Likes on 519 Posts
ouch
Old 09-07-2017, 08:54 PM
Banned

His vagina got hurt
Old 09-07-2017, 09:34 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
traffic has slowed because of Facebook. Its easier to post there, than come on here. plus this platform has been dead for 7 years.
the sad truth
Old 09-10-2017, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by 315ss
Hmm. You know that I'm full of **** eh??

When under load/boost, the crankcase vents out of the valve cover, through a hose, into the air intake, through the sc, through the intake manifold, into the head.
Stay with me here.
The air venting out of the valve cover is HOT air, said HOT air enters your COLD air intake. Being that air is HOT the iat isn't going to decrease, its going to increase. Obv. The boost is going to increase iat temps far more than anything else, but if I am able to eliminate any HOT air from entering the intake without sacrificing much/anything, I am going to being heat/hot air decreases sc efficientcy, and hp in short.

its quite clear you do not know how the pcv system works it just does not vent into the hose to the air intake

under normal driving vacuum from the intake manifold pulls air through the tube on the back of the valve cover courtesy of the air intake through the crank case blow by and oil vapor are removed and into the intake manifold and burnt under wot conditions x amount off positive pressure generated by the blower passes through the pcv valve (pcv is a one way restrictor) so now air is pulled through the engine from the air intake and blow by and oil vapor is pull from the engine and burnt by you putting a filter on the back of the valve cover the pcv system is crippled from working in either direction so now you are going to build excessive crank case pressure and that will cause the rings to flutter and un seat on the rings down side of the compression stroke the only way the pcv system should be modified is to run a bigger line from the valve cover to the air intake with a good air/oil separator somewhere in between

Originally Posted by Sharkey
if you have enough blowby as to where you have enough hot airflow out of the engine to affect your intake air temps you have bigger problems.
yup

Originally Posted by T-Man
When a mod jumps in and is the first person to start being a ****, this sets a precedent that it's okay. They're here to moderate things not start a **** show.
I haven't begun being a dick reading on a forum leaves a lot up to self interpretation but I can if you wish

Last edited by mrbelvedere; 09-12-2017 at 08:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
cluelessk (09-10-2017)
Old 09-11-2017, 01:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Some builders use a vacuum pump vs engine vacuum to perform the ring sealing B is referring to. They do not have any air entering the crankcase (except blow by) thus creating real crankcase vacuum. These pump systems (much like an open to air system) do little to actually clean and filter the blow by because there is not near as much airflow as a PVC type system. The result is that toxic soup winds up in your oil and is corrosive. I run open but I change my oil every 70 gallons of race fuel burned. My SC and intake stay spotless. The ring sealing problem is only on low tension race rings so unless you are using them then plumb that bitch or change your oil as much as I do. What kind of rings does B and the OP use? Do you change your oil the moment it's not crystal clear? Do you give a rats ass about gross polluting? Your answer on weather to run open, PVC or pump has a right answer.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:21 PM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
Originally Posted by Stumpalump
Some builders use a vacuum pump vs engine vacuum to perform the ring sealing B is referring to. They do not have any air entering the crankcase (except blow by) thus creating real crankcase vacuum. These pump systems (much like an open to air system) do little to actually clean and filter the blow by because there is not near as much airflow as a PVC type system. The result is that toxic soup winds up in your oil and is corrosive. I run open but I change my oil every 70 gallons of race fuel burned. My SC and intake stay spotless. The ring sealing problem is only on low tension race rings so unless you are using them then plumb that bitch or change your oil as much as I do. What kind of rings does B and the OP use? Do you change your oil the moment it's not crystal clear? Do you give a rats ass about gross polluting? Your answer on weather to run open, PVC or pump has a right answer.
Think Mr.B uses totalseal. But I was wondering if you could clarify some of your points. Why would a standalone vacuum crankcase ventilation system not move as much air as a PVC type system? I don't know much about them but from a concept point of view I don't understand why they wouldn't have as much airflow or more than a stock PCV system. From my understanding on LSJs the PCV valve is just a check valve to the crank case. It will only allow airflow under vacuum, in boost I assume the valve would not allow any airflow as the manifold pressure is higher than crankcase pressure. During boost I would think air would be pushed out of the valve cover and into the intake tract because it has nowhere else to go. Also there is no cleaning or filtration mechanism?
Old 09-11-2017, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
dig the build and trying different things! has it seen a dyno? any track vids?
Old 09-12-2017, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by jdbaugh1
Think Mr.B uses totalseal. But I was wondering if you could clarify some of your points. Why would a standalone vacuum crankcase ventilation system not move as much air as a PVC type system? I don't know much about them but from a concept point of view I don't understand why they wouldn't have as much airflow or more than a stock PCV system. From my understanding on LSJs the PCV valve is just a check valve to the crank case. It will only allow airflow under vacuum, in boost I assume the valve would not allow any airflow as the manifold pressure is higher than crankcase pressure. During boost I would think air would be pushed out of the valve cover and into the intake tract because it has nowhere else to go. Also there is no cleaning or filtration mechanism?
"Stand alone" or vacuum pump equipped engines are not run with any air inlet. The crankcase is sealed and placed under a vacuum. Normal PCV systems need a place for fresh air to enter. That comes from the air intake, behind the air filter as to not suck dirt in. Aftermarket catch cans can be installed in the line going to stock engine vacuum location to "filter" the dirty oily air that is sucked into the engine. That's best unless you add a pump. The PCV valve only does one thing. It prevents a backfire through the intake from pressurizing the crankcase and blowing seals and gaskets. One some of the later ecotecs that valve is molded inside of the valve cover and cannot be replaced. Of course they cause problems in the form of an audible hiss and codes. Valve cover replacement is the fix. On an LSJ I don't use PCV so don't remember exactly how factory plumbed the contraption. By looking at the dirty lambda cores I've seen on the web that toxic oily crap enters before or at the SC. Yuck. Again a catch can on stock system is your freind. 20% of hydrocarbon emissions comes from the crankcase vent so cleaning out the sludge with a catch can then burning the gas is best.
jdbaugh1 (09-12-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 02:18 AM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
on the lsj the pcv is in the intake manifold like all ecotecs. the pcv is after the laminova in the airflow, however when the bypass is open the pcv airflow will cycle through the bypass valve and through the blower and laminova.

on an ecotec its impossible to properly run a catch can. the proper routing for a catch can goes from the pcv valve to the catch can and then to the intake manifold. being the pcv is inside the intake manifold, you cant run it there. running a catch can on the fresh air source from pre throttle body will stop the oil buildup in the air intake that can happen from blowby under boost.

on my l61 swapped 944 i initially built the car with no pcv because im running an lnf intake and the pcv passages are so far off its not possible to make work. i ended up putting a -12 an breather on the valve cover to a vented catch can. the oil would be dirty within 500 km, and also i couldnt stop the front crank seal from leaking (nothing real bad , but it always had oil vapor around it. for this year i change it up and run a dsm style pcv valve in the valve cover along with the breather. it doesnt have a whole lot of airflow through the pcv, and i still have the catch can, but its enough where it keeps the oil cleaner and the oil vapor around the front crank seal is gone.
Stumpalump (09-12-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Sharkey
on the lsj the pcv is in the intake manifold like all ecotecs. the pcv is after the laminova in the airflow, however when the bypass is open the pcv airflow will cycle through the bypass valve and through the blower and laminova.

on an ecotec its impossible to properly run a catch can. the proper routing for a catch can goes from the pcv valve to the catch can and then to the intake manifold. being the pcv is inside the intake manifold, you cant run it there. running a catch can on the fresh air source from pre throttle body will stop the oil buildup in the air intake that can happen from blowby under boost.

on my l61 swapped 944 i initially built the car with no pcv because im running an lnf intake and the pcv passages are so far off its not possible to make work. i ended up putting a -12 an breather on the valve cover to a vented catch can. the oil would be dirty within 500 km, and also i couldnt stop the front crank seal from leaking (nothing real bad , but it always had oil vapor around it. for this year i change it up and run a dsm style pcv valve in the valve cover along with the breather. it doesnt have a whole lot of airflow through the pcv, and i still have the catch can, but its enough where it keeps the oil cleaner and the oil vapor around the front crank seal is gone.
No PCV under boost??? That explained the dip stick popping out problem that some have and poorly functioning intercooler. Leave it to GM....I think your open over pressurization and leak was due to the catch can restriction. I would guess you could plumb it after the valve and before the vac port without problems.