Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.0L LSJ Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/)
-   -   Blue smoke out my exhaust O_o (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/blue-smoke-out-my-exhaust-o_o-28782/)

John 08-12-2006 07:39 PM

Blue smoke out my exhaust O_o

i just added a 1/2 litre of oil to my car and i only have 4.1 kms on it.

didnt even do my first oil change yet.

well my cousin said it buffed out blue smoke when i hit the gas! so i was like ok go for a drive let me see and ya it was true i was like wtf i checked the oil and it was down 1/2 litre

anyone else have this problem?

and what do u think i should do about this?

StinkBOMB 08-12-2006 07:41 PM

Have not, go to the dealrship and get it fixed.

John 08-12-2006 07:48 PM

ya i was thinking of trading in my SS and my Z24 and getting a new SS with G85 but idk what there going to give me for my SS now

rnjmur 08-12-2006 07:51 PM

If it is just a quick, small puff of blue smoke when going WOT it is probably ok. Since the cars have oil jets that spray directly on the pistons some oil burn is going to happen when you give the car a hard run.

If it is happening at low RPM though, it maybe something else going wrong and you should get it looked at.

John 08-12-2006 07:56 PM

ill have to check it may be under WOT only

since there is no smoke while reving it standing still

Tomtwtwtw 08-12-2006 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by rnjmur
If it is just a quick, small puff of blue smoke when going WOT it is probably ok. Since the cars have oil jets that spray directly on the pistons some oil burn is going to happen when you give the car a hard run.

If it is happening at low RPM though, it maybe something else going wrong and you should get it looked at.

Oil squirts the bottom of the pistons for cooling only. It shouldn't get into the comustion chamber at all.

Thanks, John. :D

John 08-12-2006 08:10 PM

ermm shouldnt or should?

SilverSS/SC 08-12-2006 08:15 PM

Are you positive it isnt black or greyish smoke . The SS's are rich enuff from the factory to to smoke a little out the pipe breifly @WOT under certain weather conditions . Try to have someone drive right behind the car with the windows down and the vent on ( no AC ) so the outside air comes theu the vents . If its oil smoke , it will be easy to smell .

John 08-12-2006 08:20 PM

ok something i will have to test out

but why do u think i was a 1/2 litre short of oil

nother question how long did u guy wait before your first oil change?

SilverSS/SC 08-12-2006 08:27 PM

Its not uncommon for a new engine to use "a lil" oil while its breaking in . If it continues to use oil , I would look into it more thouroughly . I did my first oil change @ 500 miles , then every 4500 thereafter .

John 08-12-2006 08:50 PM

ermm my cousin said the same thing should of changed oil after 500kms then w/e after