Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.0L LSJ Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/)
-   -   CAI add (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/cai-add-140623/)

betterthanbad 10-31-2008 01:59 AM

CAI add

I've got a stage 2 with GMPP headers and cat-back.....How much of a difference will it be if I add a CAI to it???????

anybody?

hello???

Hockeyman 10-31-2008 02:01 AM

the sound will be worth it alone.

zay52790 10-31-2008 02:03 AM

do it, the car will be faster and you will actualy be able to hear the supercharger. An intake is one of the best things to do to an ss/sc as the stock on just completely sucks

G85 SS 10-31-2008 02:04 AM

whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

Don't get AEM though. I had huge problems with their intake. Switched to K&N, got a new MAF sensor and things are all better now.

betterthanbad 10-31-2008 02:12 AM

Any actual gain?? I was thinking about the RAW CAI with a bigger throttle body!!!!!!

rokon340 10-31-2008 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by betterthanbad (Post 3048242)
I've got a stage 2 with GMPP headers and cat-back.....How much of a difference will it be if I add a CAI to it???????

anybody?

hello???

headers?

Might get a few hp more but most will say the sound is worth it.I have the fujita f5 on mine and it is not quiet at all!;)

Hockeyman 10-31-2008 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by betterthanbad (Post 3048312)
Any actual gain?? I was thinking about the RAW CAI with a bigger throttle body!!!!!!

if you have a way to tune it, sure. If not, don't waste your time on the TB. I have the RAW CAI and love it.

betterthanbad 10-31-2008 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Hockeyman (Post 3048341)
if you have a way to tune it, sure. If not, don't waste your time on the TB. I have the RAW CAI and love it.

I live about 30 mins away from them!!! They will tune for me!!!!

Hockeyman 10-31-2008 03:15 AM

woot!

ChuckX182 10-31-2008 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by G85 SS (Post 3048295)
whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

Don't get AEM though. I had huge problems with their intake. Switched to K&N, got a new MAF sensor and things are all better now.

What were the problems you were having? I'm having some problems with mine right now. Basically rough idle when wet outside, MAF fucking up...yeah that old chestnut. I bought some MAF cleaner yesterday along with a new airfilter. And this shit only happens when it rains! haha

QuikSilverSS 10-31-2008 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by ChuckX182 (Post 3049374)
What were the problems you were having? I'm having some problems with mine right now. Basically rough idle when wet outside, MAF fucking up...yeah that old chestnut. I bought some MAF cleaner yesterday along with a new airfilter. And this shit only happens when it rains! haha

Time for a Injen Hydro sheild, i had the exact same issues with my AEM, every time it rained the car would run lik shit becuase the filter would get soaked in water. The hydro sheild helps out alot, but still not perfect

reign1 10-31-2008 12:35 PM

no problems with my AEM. love that thing.

depending on which CAI you get. about anywhere from 5-9 HP gain roughly

no point of pushing out more ait than coming in. so a CAI or ABM is a good thing. you willl def know the difference

G85 SS 10-31-2008 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by ChuckX182 (Post 3049374)

When it would rain outside(even the slightest little bit) the car would sputter and threaten to stall out. I changed the intake to K&N along with a hydroshield and have had no problems....There was rust that was on my MAF sensor from so much water getting on it. I think that the placement of the MAF has a little bit to do with it as well. With the AEM it is a lot closer to the filter because it only uses like a 6" piece of pipe. But with the K&N I have the MAF sensor is a lot higher on the intake piping which I'm sure helps prevent it from getting as wet.

drew1991sf 10-31-2008 03:50 PM

get the injen cai it sounds great and a huge difference in power

TurboTechRacing 10-31-2008 03:54 PM

The power from Injen is 16 HP, on a stock SS/SC...

Sound is awesome also.

PM us with questions. We have a great sale on the injen intakes at www.TurboTechRacing.com

Hockeyman 10-31-2008 03:58 PM

the RAW intake is 3", I'd choose that over an injen one anyday.

ChuckX182 10-31-2008 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by G85 SS (Post 3050089)
When it would rain outside(even the slightest little bit) the car would sputter and threaten to stall out. I changed the intake to K&N along with a hydroshield and have had no problems....There was rust that was on my MAF sensor from so much water getting on it. I think that the placement of the MAF has a little bit to do with it as well. With the AEM it is a lot closer to the filter because it only uses like a 6" piece of pipe. But with the K&N I have the MAF sensor is a lot higher on the intake piping which I'm sure helps prevent it from getting as wet.

Hmm thanks for the info. Yeah I already had the MAF changed once. NOt doing that again. I'm going to look into Injen or K&M

theneelster 10-31-2008 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by betterthanbad (Post 3048242)

anybody?

hello???

10hp maybe up top...I think it was 14 on the k&n typhoon. If you want big noise do a cai and/or adapt it to ram air (if you live somewhere fairly dry); but it needs to have an opening at the top (ie pulls air from the top as well). I have a short ram that I adapted to ram air and the sound is HUGE and under 4k it's near ambient temperature (which is closer to 50 degrees right now). Highest I've seen it is around 65 degrees regardless of how much I'm whomping on it. I used to have intake temps at around 100 degrees or more because it was pulling air from right near the engine; whereas ram air pulls from near the engine and the front bumper as well.

rukkee 11-01-2008 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by G85 SS (Post 3050089)

MAF placement shouldn't matter when it comes to water , a inch or two higher is still gunna get wet on a car that sucks air like a vacuum cleaner . I bought a hydro shield the day i purchased my AEM and i haven't had any water issues or sputter in the rain . Did you have a hydro S on the AEM ?

G85 SS 11-01-2008 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by rukkee (Post 3051509)
MAF placement shouldn't matter when it comes to water , a inch or two higher is still gunna get wet on a car that sucks air like a vacuum cleaner . I bought a hydro shield the day i purchased my AEM and i haven't had any water issues or sputter in the rain . Did you have a hydro S on the AEM ?

I did not have one with the AEM....And I ran the K&N without a Hydroshield for a little while but eventually bought one just as a safety precaution.

rukkee 11-01-2008 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by G85 SS (Post 3052189)
I did not have one with the AEM....And I ran the K&N without a Hydroshield for a little while but eventually bought one just as a safety precaution.

The oil on the K&N filter helps repel water , the cotton AEM filter is like a sponge . Thats why running an AEM CAI without a shield is going to cause problems.

chevysssc 11-01-2008 07:23 PM

fujita f5 ftw. they claim 16 hp loud as hell and its a 3inch system.

G85 SS 11-02-2008 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by chevysssc (Post 3052724)
fujita f5 ftw. they claim 16 hp loud as hell and its a 3inch system.

I heard Fujita was fairly quiet compared to other intakes...

Blackout06LS 11-02-2008 12:08 AM

Fujita F5 CAI FTW! Best wheel gains I've seen. Talked to the designer at Nopi one year, and he showed me the graph. Nice powerband.

drew1991sf 11-02-2008 12:08 AM

my injen is loud as hell lol its amazing in 2nd the sound wow