Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.0L LSJ Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/)
-   -   Corsa Exhaust!!! (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/corsa-exhaust-32332/)

2fastSS 09-15-2006 10:09 AM

Corsa Exhaust!!!

just got the exhaust put on yesterday it is seriously no joke, i love the tone and it def. turns heads alot more now

this exhaust doesnt take away from the CAI at all and is loud haha (sport)

2fastSS 09-15-2006 10:09 AM

Corsa Exhaust!!!

just got the exhaust put on yesterday it is seriously no joke, i love the tone and it def. turns heads alot more now

this exhaust doesnt take away from the CAI at all and is loud haha (sport)

mken 09-15-2006 10:54 AM

I've got the Sport also, and yeah it turns heads alright. I just hope it doesn't turn the heads of any passing cops...

Don't mean to thread-jack, but does anyone with Corsa have issues with the tip not staying centered in the opening? Mine keeps sliding towards the passenger side, almost up against the bumper.

myoshizawa819 09-15-2006 02:40 PM

I had to play with mine a bit to get it to stay straight. If you notice when the system heats up it expands quite a bit causing it to move in the rear hangers. Notice the contraction when it's cold causes a rasp sound first thing in the morning, there is nothing loose.

Asstyme 09-15-2006 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by mken
Don't mean to thread-jack, but does anyone with Corsa have issues with the tip not staying centered in the opening? Mine keeps sliding towards the passenger side, almost up against the bumper.

I bought another rubber hanger (most any rubber hanger will work as I used one from a Ford F-150), cut it in pieces using a razor knife and used it to shim the rear hanger. When the exhaust heats up it always wants to move. The 2 factory metal hanger prongs on the rear allow far too much movement side to side. Just shim enough of the extra rubber so it can't move when the exhaust expands.

brifriinc 09-15-2006 07:24 PM

I had that same problem the first day after I put it on... I just loosened the clamp right behind the muffler, and turn it so the tip was exactly in the middle... its been in the middle for two months now... no problems

Zonomar 09-18-2006 11:32 PM

I love the sound of mine.

I do find the crackle/pop sound when letting off the fuel to slow down annoying though
(I assume this sound is pretty normal).

TurboTechRacing 09-19-2006 12:08 AM

I personally really like the sound of the Corsa Sport, it is by far one of the more aggressive sounding exhaust, but it is tame enough not to get you pulled over all the time :)

2fastSS 09-19-2006 12:50 AM

see i had mine professionally done and it sits straight ever since

CobaltSS422 09-19-2006 01:00 AM

i love my Corsa.. Money was well spent on this exhaust

tityrous 09-19-2006 04:31 AM

love my corsa sport i noticed all most of the exhaust for the balts move i used hose clamps the the rubber mounts wont slide .. works lol

Sp00ner 09-19-2006 10:42 AM

I've been looking at this as well.... of course, I have to have the damn thing extended 2" to use it...

suburbanrobot 09-19-2006 10:49 AM

hp gain w/ Corsa SS

what is the hp gain w/ Corsa SS? any ideas?