2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Cylinder head part number

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cylinder head part number

Hey guys hope everyone is good and all your rides are puring like a kitten or growling like.. Idk something lol.
Ok, so here is the deal, I bought a brand new engine for my car and was told it was an lsj engine and I'm farily new to the 4 cylinder world; I came from building and tuning corvettes, Hummers, pickups and Camaros (anything ls related). Well when I got it some things weren't adding up like the oil cooler didn't have a pressure switch or a place to mount it and it had an oil level sender right behind my IC pump bracket. Well I don't remember how I first heard this but someone told me I had a lk9 not an lsj which is the same exact engine besides the exhaust valves are a millimeter smaller and the cams are made for a turbo car. I didn't really think much of it at the time because my dad just died from his battle with cancer and so which head I had didn't really bother me then. Well since I've been off work on paid personall leave I have been spending thousands on the car and countless hours doing upgrade after upgrade and now I'm to a point where I feel like I'm kind of waisting my time when I need to pull my head and put an lsj head back in the car because I'm loosing roughly 5% or more of the power from the longer cam duration (maybe more lift not sure) and the smaller valves IF IT IS INDEED AN LK9 head. All I know right now is my lsj heads have the number 12787763 on it and this brand new head has 55561059 on it. I REALLY don't wanna have to pull my brand new head off and get an lsj head on the new block. This is all very confusing because Super Saab Cobalt with LK9 says his car would run right with the lk9 and I've even read that it's impossible to put the lk9 heads on the lsj car because it doesn't have the correct parts inside for the cam sensor to work but we all know that most of the time people think they know it all and tell me it's impossible kinda like running 45's with a 2.8 pulley lol but let's not even get started on the lol I'm not on here to argue that fact I've been proving for a several months now and hell I even had to pull fuel because I set my mapping really rich to be safe on the first datta log and before I went and drove it because the idiot before me just threw a 2.9 on the stage two package and it was only getting around 15-16 @ WOT smh. When I went to the 2.8 pulley (thinking it just had a 3.0 pulley therefore I thought I was gonna be dropping two sizes) WITH EFI LIVE I might add lol. Well I apologize for the book I wrote here but if someone has a link that will help me clear this up I would greatly appreciate it!! I have tried googling Everything I can think of and searched the forums with no luck. To whoever helps me THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!! I've had a really rough time these past few months and so stressed I've even considered selling this car but I think I'd have to take a HUGE loss now since I was lied to when I bought it and had to put a new engine in it and ya can't do that without putting over $500 in the clutch while its out and much more I am maticulous about my cars so everything was done right (as my dad tought me God rest his sole 😥 "If your gonna do something do it right the first time") and spared no expense! It needed a re-spray when I bought it but then the engine went out as soon as I got it home so I've spent the last 3 months upgrading and dialing everything in from the drive train to the awesome pioneer app radiio so now it's back to only needed a respray and the car will basically be new again. Thanks Again
Old 07-07-2016, 12:45 PM
Platinum Member

Received 584 Likes on 519 Posts
the valves in all ecotecs are the same size. Physically, the heads are identical minus the camshafts. I would recommend getting an aftermarket set of cams if thats what youre looking for.
The following users liked this post:
Studer (07-07-2016)
Old 07-07-2016, 01:04 PM

Na, are you familiar with the super Saab cobalt? You should check him out if not: *Update* Super Saab Cobalt with LK9 - SaabCentral Forums. I've seen his story on here before also but not sure where I saw it he seems to be very knowledgeable and has done this swap before because his motor blew and he foud you can get the lk9 a lot cheaper so he did but then he swapped the heads and he measured the valves while it was apart and the valves were smaller for sure and then you take into consideration that motor is designed for a turbo 9-3 and the cams are different also so I was praying when I went out to check my part numbers on the heads they would match my lsj heads but no luck. The bottom ends are identical but the heads are not. You can get an lk9 to flow like a lsj head but the lsj head flows way better stock than the lk9. I've done all my research on all this so trust me on this one lol. The part number that's formed in the casting is the same on my other two lsj heads but it's different on this lk9 engine they sold me. I just need to know what the part number is for sure cause all I really know is that it's not an lsj head. Hey also, these lk9 engines don't even say the ecotech (I know, they are) but you see Saab all over on these and not just hidden here and there like on the lsj's

Last edited by Studer; 07-07-2016 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:05 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
The Saab LK9 head also has slightly smaller exhaust ports than the LSJ (which are tiny as it is).

Physically it will bolt onto the LSJ block w/o issue.

You can find an LSJ head for cheap on E-bay.

The wall of text in the first post made my brain hurt to, Lol. So I'm not sure the info I'm providing is actually helpful to u or not.
Studer (07-07-2016)
Old 07-07-2016, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Staged07SS
The Saab LK9 head also has slightly smaller exhaust ports than the LSJ (which are tiny as it is).

The wall of text in the first post made my brain hurt to, Lol. So I'm not sure the info I'm providing is actually helpful to u or not.
Yeah if you go read that last post of mine and I think in that book I wrote on here to start this thread I meantiones the smaller exhaust valves but appriciate the help
Old 07-07-2016, 01:17 PM

This is from my new lk9 engine that was sold to me as an lsj

This is for one of my lsj engines

Last edited by Studer; 07-07-2016 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Selected wrong picture just wanted to delet it and then fix
Old 07-07-2016, 01:25 PM

Sorry, I uploaded the wrong pics. These pics are of my other two lsj

heads. They have the same number on them but I had to use my scope to check the number on the lk9 head so couldn't get my phone in there to take a pic but it says 5556493
LSJ

LSJ
Old 07-07-2016, 01:31 PM

If someone doesn't help me soon umma go out there and rip apart my brand new motor I guess and throw a head on it I know is an lsj head; any tips, tricks, thinks to do or be careful of when removing and replacing the heads? I'm very mechanically inclined and got a degree in automotive mechanics but that was back in the late 90's lol we didn't have stuff like this and I have seen it over and over that someone on here will have a lil trick they've learned from working on these that will save you tons of time and keep you from messing something up
Old 07-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Platinum Member

I guess there are several variations of that head but if my memory serves me right, as long as you have a B207R, then its the same as the lsj minus the cams. I had a b207R head and the ports measured the same to an lsj. Just for your reference, even lsjs have saab stamped all over them.
Studer (07-07-2016)
Old 07-07-2016, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Staged07SS

I just went back and saw where u said I hurt your brain... I'm very sorry for hurting your brain man lol😂.... Just had so much information to get out and there is a fine line between too much and not enough to help me with my situation so I jumped over the line and spilled it lol. I was also bored and no one to talk to that late at night/morning ha ha ha sorry again
Old 07-07-2016, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Slowbalt2000
I guess there are several variations of that head but if my memory serves me right, as long as you have a B207R, then its the same as the lsj minus the cams. I had a b207R head and the ports measured the same to an lsj. Just for your reference, even lsjs have saab stamped all over them.
Well that's just it, I don't know what I have because no one can tell me what that part number on the head is or tell me how to figure this out and yes I know Saab is on all of em but this hybrid lk9 thing doesn't even say ecotech anywhere like the lsj's I have here do but that's besides the point really, I just need to know what I have and if the valves are smaller and the cam lift and duration is causing me to waste boost and loose power like I keep hearing happens if they are turbo cams and not supercharger
Old 07-07-2016, 02:02 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Ecotec LSJ Bare Head 12593736

I'll check mine for ya when I get home later.
Studer (07-07-2016)
Old 07-07-2016, 02:33 PM

Right on man I appreciate that! I'm sure your gonna have the same number as the one in the pics but can't hurt. I just don't wanna go through takin the head off and having it next to the lsj's and they end up being the same. It's not hard to find all the specs on an lsj, so if I could just figure out for sure what my head is then it would be easy to campare. The ones who took the lk9 off and put a lsj on said it made a huge difference and the car already runs pretty hard but I don't have another car to put up against it and the only thing I've raced so far was a modded out VTec and I pulled away from him pretty easy but that's it.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:05 PM
Platinum Member

do you know what year the engine you have now is? the part numbers i have for the saab cylinder heads arent lining up with what you have

low output- 55558810

high output- 55558811
Old 07-07-2016, 09:44 PM

No, all I have is part numbers. I didn't even know it wasn't an lsj until I went to start swaping sensors and mount the accessories and yeah I know, I can't get the number on the head to come up anywhere. When I googled the part number and Saab I think; it pulled up a page but said that it wasn't available in English smh I've never had so much trouble just trying to figure out what heads or block i had ����
This head says 5556493 where the others say the part number in those two pictures a few posts back
Old 07-07-2016, 09:49 PM

Pictures

Originally Posted by Slowbalt2000
do you know what year the engine you have now is? the part numbers i have for the saab cylinder heads arent lining up with what you have

low output- 55558810

high output- 55558811

I wish my picture would show up like you guys.. I wanna be cool like yall
Old 07-07-2016, 09:52 PM

Man I knew I should have ls swapped this car! For what I paid for this engine we can't even figure out what it is I could have put a 6.0 making over 400 horse stock. I have a video of my hummer had like a half mill views last I checked and it put down 450whp to all four wheels with stock 6.0 and a 2300 Maggie

Last edited by Studer; 07-07-2016 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Platinum Member

Honestly i would just swap the cams and leave then head if its a good running engine.