Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.0L LSJ Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/)
-   -   fuel pressure regulator or safc 2 (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/fuel-pressure-regulator-safc-2-a-44430/)

Rage915 01-20-2007 11:11 PM

fuel pressure regulator or safc 2

do you guys know if we can uses safc on our cars? if not does anyone know if they make a fuel pressure regulator for us. im getting 60lbs inectors and i want to be able to adjust the fuel to get the right A/F ratio. can anyone help me with this? any info and feedback will be appreciated.

bluecobaltss06 01-20-2007 11:33 PM

If you can find someone with HP Tuners they can adjust the tune in the computer and you don't have to worry about a different regulator

Rage915 01-20-2007 11:53 PM

i think they'll charge me an ass load, i d rather do it myself with a dyno

2K5SS/SC? 01-21-2007 10:51 AM

The SAFC was tried on out cars, and it did not work. The PCM is too smart for it and overrode the SAFC in the end. You will need to buy HPTuners and a laptop to correctly tune your car. You can also purcase a tune for $100 (send in your PCM and they send it back) from a vendor to get you started, or borrow a tune from someone on here via HPT. An adjustable fuel pressure regulator is not an acceptable way to tune a car either. It's more for a fine adjustment to the fuel system.

Rage915 01-21-2007 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC? (Post 769322)
The SAFC was tried on out cars, and it did not work. The PCM is too smart for it and overrode the SAFC in the end. You will need to buy HPTuners and a laptop to correctly tune your car. You can also purcase a tune for $100 (send in your PCM and they send it back) from a vendor to get you started, or borrow a tune from someone on here via HPT. An adjustable fuel pressure regulator is not an acceptable way to tune a car either. It's more for a fine adjustment to the fuel system.

so im pretty much fukd then!

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC? (Post 769322)

also a bad idea to be borrowing tunes from other people, again the FPR is not to tune but to get the right mix of A/F, sorry if it came off like i wa going to use it to tune.
thanks for the info and feedback

2K5SS/SC? 01-21-2007 04:38 PM

I meant to use someone else's tune to get you started. You could also give TAG racecraft a call. They can do a mail order tune, that could be tailored on the safe side still until you get hooked up with HPT. :twothumbs

zinner 01-21-2007 05:15 PM

Better off finding a member with HPT near you in Texas and having them hook you up with a tune.

Rage915 01-21-2007 05:41 PM

thats a downer, owelli guess