2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

2006 Chevy Cobalt SS supercharged bad exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Chevy Cobalt SS supercharged bad exhaust

hello my exhaust went bad on my 06 supercharged cobalt. 2.0 I’m looking for the same stock exhaust. But I can’t find anything at all they seem to have discontinued the exhaust. For what reason i don’t know why. But has anyone had this issue? Like I said I looking for stock I don’t Loud or anything. Please help. Thank you
Old 11-21-2017, 08:46 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
I think stock exhaust has to be cut out around the rear twisting beam so I don't know how hard it would be to find a used stock exhaust system, off of a lower mileage wrecked car, that you could weld back together or use a coupler. There are many parts on the Cobalt that you can't buy OEM new any more and your best chance at finding that part is at salvage yards. I personally wouldn't buy used exhaust but there should be some decent aftermarket options that are quiet though I have never researched quiet exhausts. I personally have ZZP's exhaust system with cat, resonator, and muffler but it may be a bit louder than you are looking for. Here is an option that I found on CARID that I would assume would have a similar sound level as stock but it may not sound the same.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:40 AM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
It's a 10year old platform (you have the LSJ btw) thats why it was discontinued.

Find a muffler/exhaust shop near you and take it to them and say I want a replacement exhaust that is nearly the same loudness. From the parts they can likely figure out what to install, if anything it would end up being quieter than stock.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by jdbaugh1
I think stock exhaust has to be cut out around the rear twisting beam so I don't know how hard it would be to find a used stock exhaust system, off of a lower mileage wrecked car, that you could weld back together or use a coupler. There are many parts on the Cobalt that you can't buy OEM new any more and your best chance at finding that part is at salvage yards. I personally wouldn't buy used exhaust but there should be some decent aftermarket options that are quiet though I have never researched quiet exhausts. I personally have ZZP's exhaust system with cat, resonator, and muffler but it may be a bit louder than you are looking for. Here is an option that I found on CARID that I would assume would have a similar sound level as stock but it may not sound the same.
thank you very much for your help but I think zzp may be to loud I did look into them.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by ECaulk
It's a 10year old platform (you have the LSJ btw) thats why it was discontinued.

Find a muffler/exhaust shop near you and take it to them and say I want a replacement exhaust that is nearly the same loudness. From the parts they can likely figure out what to install, if anything it would end up being quieter than stock.
whag does lsj stand for? I’m a little new to the cobalt world. Lol but yes that’s the option I think I’m going to have to take. I wish they didn’t discontinue them because I like the way the stock sounded had a nice little tone to it that I like but I don’t want anything loud
Old 11-22-2017, 06:31 AM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
That's the engine code, you have an LSJ motor (not an LNF) check out wiki for info on the general differences in the ecotec engine family
Old 11-22-2017, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
I shall move this to the correct section
Old 11-23-2017, 02:00 AM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
you should be able to get an OE replacement exhaust system in the walker brand through any local parts store