Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.0L LSJ Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/)
-   -   Guage installation?? (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/guage-installation-105707/)

raikou 04-08-2008 01:46 AM

Guage installation??

I am just curious as to how people are having they're gauges installed. Currently I have a pyrometer and (unfortunatly known after the fact) a narrowband AFR. Both are currently unwired. I went to a local tuner shop here in calgary and they wanted me to put down $300+ to have these installed. I would rather do this myself but I don't understand Autometers basic electricion style directions. Not to mention I tried using the How-to AFR thread, which is a complete mess of contradictions on how to properly install a). its done on a 2.2L balt and b). its a narrow band. So I'm at a loss on what to do??

saunders1986 04-08-2008 02:01 AM

dude almost everyone in calgary on here has gauges, they should be able to help u install just fine. spaz doublelp, and kasioboy should be able to do this with their eyes closed by now.

bigrroberto 04-08-2008 02:03 AM

^^^ what he said!

Pickles 04-08-2008 02:06 AM

Yeah. and there is more of us too aside from the stated gurus... :lol:

saunders1986 04-08-2008 02:09 AM

i just stated who came to my mind..... i think almost everyone can do this ......... outtamymind, neo, banzi .........

Pickles 04-08-2008 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by saunders1986 (Post 2177787)
i just stated who came to my mind..... i think almost everyone can do this ......... outtamymind, neo, banzi .........

I know :) I'm just bein a post whore. :lol:

bigrroberto 04-08-2008 02:12 AM

^^ haha same here

raikou 04-08-2008 02:29 AM

I have a narrowband AFR. Where do I wire it?? And with the pyro, where is the best place to drill my thermocouple hole??

Also...I knew I could rely on you guy's! Thank's a million!

While we're at it what do you guy's have for gauges??

2K5SS/SC? 04-08-2008 03:59 AM

Personally I would just sell the narrowband. It's just a light show and not worth the wiring hassle. Just save the cash and get a wideband. As for the pyro, I have not looked into those so I don't know where exactly to drill for it. ;)

raikou 04-08-2008 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC? (Post 2178069)
Personally I would just sell the narrowband. It's just a light show and not worth the wiring hassle. Just save the cash and get a wideband. As for the pyro, I have not looked into those so I don't know where exactly to drill for it. ;)

I agree with you on the narrowband! I'm thinking I'll sell that and get zero of what I paid for it LOL, and put that towards a funtional wideband AFR. I still have no idea how to wire up a WB AFR. The only how-to on this site is a NB on a 2.2L though. Thankfully I have you guys for some help!! kudos!

Does anyone have a hot tip on running wires through the A-pillar for a clean install???

QuikSilverSS 04-08-2008 08:20 AM

I got my w/b wired up recently, its not hard at all! You will need someone to drill your stock downpipe and install a O2 bung and then have them tig weld it. The AEM UEGO Wideband I have, just needs to have power (12V ignition source) to the red wire and ground the black and then run the connection from the gauge to the sensor.