2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

MY screwed up Dezod 2.75 exhaust system story....please read

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 01:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY screwed up Dezod 2.75 exhaust system story....please read..VIDEOS

I bought the cat back exhaust system from old paul and the down pipe all at once for 850 dollars. The cat back got here and i installed it and was totally satified with it. It sounded good and I even bought a digital camera to put up videos for paul (Dezod). So the down pipe was taking forever to come in so i asked paul if the downpipe would change the tone of the exhaust at all and make it raspy and he said " no change in tone at all just a little bit louder." I was making sure the downpipe would work perfectly with this cat back because they were both 2.75 from dezod i thought they would. Paul even said the system sounded amazing together. So I put the down pipe on and the damn thing was a disaster. LOUD AND RASPY AS HELL! I am not exaggerating at all I swear to God on my soul it made my ears ring! My girl friend had to cover her ears! The cat back alone is pretty loud but its deep and clear. With the down pipe its so high pitched it will scare the hell out of you. So I get the down pipe taken off expecting my cat back to sound good again but hell no i was wrong. My cat back is now raspy as all hell not the least bit deep and just plane out broken. THAT ALL SAID..... So I pm old paul and tell him everything i can and this dude wont work with me at all. He doesnt even give a **** that i tried to help his multi milllion dollar company out by posting videos of his exhaust. I bought the 400 dollar dig camera mainly to do that. To help yall out also! So this is what I get a loss of 850 bucks for parts 235 for labor and now I walk out with a shitty sounding 600 dollar cat back. All my hard earned money on bull **** and im trying to save up for school. Im only 21 and i bust my ass for my money and paul knew this the first day i talked to him. I am discusted to all hell and i .....never fn mind! Yea I know i bought at my own risk right? Yea paul tries to act all cool with you and then when you need him to be there for you you get the bird! All he has to say now is i must have a leak or I bought at my own risk! All i wanted was the back piece with the muffler because i guess that is what was messed up. Just dont buy this system together guys. The down pipe might be good quality but the exaust must not be. Look I might get flamed by some asses for this but i just wanted to tell yall this ****. I love this site and hopefully i dont get banned for this. Most people probably wont even read this whole thing. But those of you that do thanks for hearing me out.....I am pissed and F that guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Call me immature, stupid, whatever. I went out on a limb and got this system with complete confedence hoping to find a good exhaust for all of us here. I SHOULD HAVE WENT WITH THE CORSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW THE VIDEOS

Click here to watch messed-up

Click here to watch messed-up-2

This is one before the screwover...

Click here to watch My-boy-cody-trying-to-stunt-my-hosting

Last edited by badboylb32; 09-04-2006 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:07 AM
Banned

so let me get this straight,

you bought his system, it sounded good.

You got the downpipe as a compliment to the system and the pipe screwed it up? How? I don't get it.

I'm waiting on Paul to chime in but I think you kinda jumped ship quick.. maybe something was already wrong but didn't untill "AFTER" the installation and break in period. Perhaps it's all a misunderstanding.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn dude that is beat, but no one told you to buy the camera...thanks for the heads up though
Old 09-03-2006, 02:10 AM

I feel ya. If i spent almost 1k on an exhaust system to have it sound like ****, and then no where to turn for help, yea, id be a bit pissed to.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by sneaky
so let me get this straight,

you bought his system, it sounded good.

You got the downpipe as a compliment to the system and the pipe screwed it up? How? I don't get it.

I'm waiting on Paul to chime in but I think you kinda jumped ship quick.. maybe something was already wrong but didn't untill "AFTER" the installation and break in period. Perhaps it's all a misunderstanding.

I had the cat back on for a week, nothing was wrong at all....ever..... put the downpipe on the whole thing got loud like a fricken air plane or something..and it was raspy as i think rasp can possibly be because of how loud this system actually is. I have heard of down pipes screwing up perfectly fine exhaust systems if the exhaust system is cheap!
Old 09-03-2006, 02:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by badboylb32
I had the cat back on for a week, nothing was wrong at all....ever..... put the downpipe on the whole thing got loud like a fricken air plane or something..and it was raspy as i think rasp can possibly be because of how loud this system actually is. I have heard of down pipes screwing up perfectly fine exhaust systems if the exhaust system is cheap!
straight pipe in place of cat w/o2 simulator or new cat and problem solved. claim warranty on cat if possible. go back to stock. Don't know what else to tell you.

I know this system wasn't even tested with others yet so I hate to say it but "you asked for it". You wanted this system without it being tested and guess what. It broke. It sucks I know. Trust me, been in your shoes before. I just hope that some resolution can happen soon and we can put this behind us.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by steddy2112
Damn dude that is beat, but no one told you to buy the camera...thanks for the heads up though

well i needed a camera, im moving to orlando in a month and i really fiananced it from circuit city. Trying to build up credit.... and i was excited to show off the cat back too and help old paul advertise his ......stuff.. Ya knnow i (i hate to say this guys) i even pm'd paul and told him if it sounded good id make another vid clip of the system if it made a big diff to help him even more. He acted sooooooooooo cool until this happened.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:22 AM

straight pipe in place of cat w/o2 simulator or new cat and problem solved. claim warranty on cat if possible. go back to stock. Don't know what else to tell you.

I know this system wasn't even tested with others yet so I hate to say it but "you asked for it". You wanted this system without it being tested and guess what. It broke. It sucks I know. Trust me, been in your shoes before. I just hope that some resolution can happen soon and we can put this behind us.

Yea i guess i have to live and learn.....he said it was tested though and it was so amazing. yea amazing is a good word.. i will never buy from dezod again that is for sure! and i am back to stock and staying there until someone comes out with a downpipe that sounds good and gives enough hp to even do it. probably wont happen..
Old 09-03-2006, 02:27 AM
Banned

Good luck bro. Hope everything turns out for you.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:35 AM

Good luck bro. Hope everything turns out for you.

thanks alot man, i guess all i got now is to figure out which exhaust to get now. Because I HAVE TO GET ONE...Im now driving around my city with the riceyest sounding cobalt ever.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:55 AM

was the downpipe that you had catless? if so that could explain the raspiness and loudness, that is bound to happen.

don't know what to tell u if u put the stock downpipe back on (with the cat in place) though
Old 09-03-2006, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
was the downpipe that you had catless? if so that could explain the raspiness and loudness, that is bound to happen.

don't know what to tell u if u put the stock downpipe back on (with the cat in place) though

no it was a high flow cat. said to be the best quality stuff out there.....
Old 09-03-2006, 03:40 AM

i dont know if this applies to u man. but i once bought an item from some rinky dink shop down here in el paso..TX.. TURNED OUT IT DIDNT MEET MY STANDARDS.. so sueed and one in court.. even though it says buy at own risk, there is a law on lemons.. just like vehicles.. even is buy from some piece of **** shop with no warrenty and the car dies withen 40 days and its not your fault, tey have to fix the problem or give u your money back..trust me read up on your laws.. in that case i be selling mad **** that dosent work on ebay..it sounds wierd but trust me man get a small time lawyer to sepina dezod...i did it and i won and pissed on his property... wee live in the usa people buisnesses cant **** with you...
Old 09-03-2006, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by marzbarz
i dont know if this applies to u man. but i once bought an item from some rinky dink shop down here in el paso..TX.. TURNED OUT IT DIDNT MEET MY STANDARDS.. so sueed and one in court.. even though it says buy at own risk, there is a law on lemons.. just like vehicles.. even is buy from some piece of **** shop with no warrenty and the car dies withen 40 days and its not your fault, tey have to fix the problem or give u your money back..trust me read up on your laws.. in that case i be selling mad **** that dosent work on ebay..it sounds wierd but trust me man get a small time lawyer to sepina dezod...i did it and i won and pissed on his property... wee live in the usa people buisnesses cant **** with you...

good advice... ill give dezod a few days to reconsider this screwover and then i will def look into it. MY dad knows plenty of good lawyers.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:12 AM

Dezod's exhaust is made by Random Technologies. At least the downpipe is. You can buy it straight from Random as well, because I called them. Usually their products are top notch. You may have got a bad one all together though. That is pretty messed up he won't even try to set things straight for you though.

Oh, and when I welded in my high-flow the car sounds like total **** too, so I feel you on the sound issue.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lets get some sound clips !
Old 09-03-2006, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by zinner
Lets get some sound clips !
+1

Are there any leaks? Did you use brand new gaskets?
Old 09-03-2006, 11:08 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
hmm,,,, I"m runnin a highflow cat on mine with a 3" side pipe and no raspyness here.... just loud as hell (cobalt-addiciton setup) I think just some of the high flow cats used sound like ****... also they take a while to break in...I know the ZZP ones sound like **** when you first get em and when the break in they just sound a little crappy...
Old 09-03-2006, 11:18 AM

hey

i say we get some sound clips and hear this baby roar lol but that does suck for u man!
Old 09-03-2006, 12:25 PM

It doesn't make sense for it to be raspy when the downpipe/cat is swapped back. Check for leaks or rubbing. The raspiness will be the muffler and if it wasn't raspy before it shouldn't be now.

What exactly did Dezod say when you told him about the sound problem and your concern?
Old 09-03-2006, 02:14 PM

all he has to say now is that he did not force me to buy it, i opted to. then he says thats all i have to say... so it might be gaskests huh? where can i buy stock gaskets for our exhausts?

I should have gotten sound clips of the exhaust with the downpipe but i didnt. only thing i can get now is the sound of the screwed up muffler.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:26 PM

You are supposed to replace the gaskets when you change the exhaust, that could be your problem. Give that a try. I hope it helps.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by badboylb32
all he has to say now is that he did not force me to buy it, i opted to. then he says thats all i have to say... so it might be gaskests huh? where can i buy stock gaskets for our exhausts?

I should have gotten sound clips of the exhaust with the downpipe but i didnt. only thing i can get now is the sound of the screwed up muffler.
That's a terrible stance to take.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:36 PM

well the downpipe or catback didnt come with new gaskets.......I need to know where i can buy stock gaskets besides the dealership..
Old 09-03-2006, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
That's a terrible stance to take.

No kidding! I hope everyone reads this thread and says FU to buying from him if indeed that is his attitude.

Quick Reply: MY screwed up Dezod 2.75 exhaust system story....please read