2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

MY screwed up Dezod 2.75 exhaust system story....please read

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hypsy
HRC makes their own downpipes and catbacks. I know because I've seen the jigs and setups in person on my many visits there. Hell Bill even fixed my downpipe personally on a visit to their shop when we discovered my flexpipe had cracked. THAT is customer service.
Well they sure look the same to me. Amazing, isn't it?

I guess you are going to tell me they make the 3" exhaust for the cobalt too, lol. Thermal R&D makes the catback, Random Technology makes the downpipe. After looking at these pics, you are going to say otherwise?

Last edited by turboeco; 09-04-2006 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Banned

i have not read every post (nor do i care to) but it seems like thats just how its going to sound. IMO any exhaust on this car sounds raspy or too high pitched in some way. If you touch the cat at all of course its going to make a HUGE diff in sound no matter what anyone tries to tell you online. I feel bad for ya man, i would be pissed to sped almost 1k and have it sound like ****. What is the guy from Dezod telling you?

Have you tried to replace the stock DP/CAT?
Old 09-04-2006, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by silverSS
i have not read every post (nor do i care to) but it seems like thats just how its going to sound. IMO any exhaust on this car sounds raspy or too high pitched in some way. If you touch the cat at all of course its going to make a HUGE diff in sound no matter what anyone tries to tell you online. I feel bad for ya man, i would be pissed to sped almost 1k and have it sound like ****. What is the guy from Dezod telling you?

Have you tried to replace the stock DP/CAT?
I think the whole point of this thread is the fact that Dezod is telling him to hug a root. Readin at least a few of the posts would be good if you want to be on topic.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Banned

thats fucked if Dezod is being like that, but they are only trying to run a business.

Maybe he will take the exhaust back, see if there is a flaw in workmanship and inspect it? at least......?
Old 09-04-2006, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by badboylb32
all he has to say now is that he did not force me to buy it, i opted to. then he says thats all i have to say... so it might be gaskests huh? where can i buy stock gaskets for our exhausts?

I should have gotten sound clips of the exhaust with the downpipe but i didnt. only thing i can get now is the sound of the screwed up muffler.
That's Dezods stance, do you think he'll look at it? That's not a good way to run a business. Had he said something to the effect of "we'll see what we can do" or "have you tried this" then I'm sure this would be a whole different song.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:14 PM

im sorry to sound like a newb but what does a gasket look like???

reason im wonderin is because i have the corsa sport layin in my room with no license thats why i havent put it on and wanna no what the gasket is so i dont have this problem of needin to replace it
Old 09-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
badboylb32 thanx for posting the sound clip, to back up the thread. I definetly can see how you would not like that. Personally I would like to here see how it sounds from inside cruising around. It's not the best sounding or worse sound I4 I have heard. My 3.0 system is obnoxious without the 2.5 silencer in it and even then it's gotten much louder with the 3.0 hi flow cat downpipe.

If the exhaust isn't broke and you just don't like the way it sounds I dunno why dezod is supposed to do, they can't take it back. The return policy is a little tough to find under the site (listed under the FAQ section), but it's clear once it's installed, it's your forever.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:30 PM

Maybe its jsut a bad experience. Because any questions or concerns I have ever had from dezod have been answered quickly and the problems have been taken care of quickly. but like I said maybe you just hada bad experience.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:42 PM

yall know old paul is sending me pms telling me to watch my mouth and he has nothing to say on here......
Hmmm. Interesting.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:18 PM

Sounds like a dirt bike.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:24 PM

Yea im just going to look at this as a learning experience. Tomarrow im going to go get the gaskets replaced. If that doesnt help, oh well. Any one have any suggestions of a good sounding muffler and tip i can go with for now? The main reason i posted this whole thing is because that ****** paul....me and him like im'd each other about the system every day, he called me to do the order, we talked about how bad he needed somebody to put up a sound clip for his system. And I was the one that came through for him. He acted all cool and all I kind of thought we had some type of friendship going. And then he does this ****. I might sound like a softy to yall but im not. Its just the truth. It wsa fked up how he didnt even attempt to help me out i think....I really appreciate all of u and your concerns about this and yall are the only ones out there i trust.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:27 PM

Yea that sounds like crap.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow that sounds like shat. Hopefully the gaskets will fix it. I think it will bro. You should be good to go after the new gaskets get installed. I wouldn't worry. Wow everyone so quick to call the exhaust crap. You guys all know Dezod sells quality stuff. You guys also know you can't go and install an aftermarket exhaust that is bigger than stock and not use new gaskets. Watch the difference with the gaskets installed. Post that vid. Later bro.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by turboeco
Well they sure look the same to me. Amazing, isn't it?

I guess you are going to tell me they make the 3" exhaust for the cobalt too, lol. Thermal R&D makes the catback, Random Technology makes the downpipe. After looking at these pics, you are going to say otherwise?

Neither of those look like an piece I've ever seen from HRC. Please show me the billing ship from HRC for that. Even if they are selling someone elses for now...what's the big deal?
Old 09-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Former Vendor

I just now saw this post, and finally responded. I could not be on the web much because of some virus I scooped anyway...............

You did not like RT's downpipe with the cat-back. Understandable. You removed it, and now it's broken? The only way to break it would be through exhaust leaks, and/or user install error OR bottoming out the system and damaging the pipes.

Explain to me how RT's downpipe broke the catback? It is impossible! It will alter the sound. Simple dynamics there! No guess work there. I think we all can vouch for that.

With respect to my comment, you make me out to be the enemy here. I did not force you to buy the system. You came to me to buy both and said you did not even have the money to purchase both. I cut the price of the items down to help you, and that was it. I even told you "If your going to strap yourself, then don't purchase both, just go buy the cat-back." Do you recall that? I feel we are incorrectly being pointed the dirty end of the stick.

I don't feel we should be held accountable for possible errors in user install. I appologize that you may not have gotten informed of this, but it's the truth. It is exhaust common knowledge when you replace an exhaust component, you replace the gaskets to make a solid seal unless it's a nice stainless gasket, in great shape. (most of the times it's not).

I would say try that, and we can evaluate it more from there.

With respect to production, RT produces the downpipe, and we designed the cat-back. They have a VERY nice facility, and can control quality standards 110%. They make it all to our specifications. They are exhaust pros and why let anyone else produce it.

On to the service comment, from the 1000's of you who speak or have spoken and dealt with me, you know I give 100% customer service all the time. No execeptions. Here I feel that we have been exploited to take accountability for his actions. He private messaged me saying he was hard up for money and that he bought the digital camera and such to display clips of this. I/we did not tell him to do go out and spend $4xx on it. We would never suggest that from anyone!!! Furthermore, he pleaded to make us exchange his catback for no reason. I asked him was it damaged, was it dented....He said no it just sounds different. I also pointed out at that time it could be gasket related, but he denied it. I am at whits end here because I feel we are not responsible for his actions on faulty install.

Edit: With respect to gaskets, they can be ascertained from the local dealership for a few dollars.

Edit2: I have no hard feelings Jerrod. I just need professionalism as I have given you, and some validity to replace parts. That's all man!

Last edited by Dezod; 09-05-2006 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Doc

After witnessing how a few vendors handle things on this forum, they will not get my money nor will they get an endorsement from me when other members ask about the parts they sell. Remember, there is more than one distributor for a certain product.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Doc
After witnessing how a few vendors handle things on this forum, they will not get my money nor will they get an endorsement from me when other members ask about the parts they sell. Remember, there is more than one distributor for a certain product.
X2 .
Old 09-05-2006, 12:16 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Old 09-05-2006, 12:17 PM

I've only had good experiences with Dezod.

How is Dezod the bad guy here? He sold a product! This is insanity.

To the originator of this post, you should know that anything you modify on your exhaust will make it louder. Common sense... Yikes
Old 09-05-2006, 12:30 PM

louder yes but raspy and broken sounding...no
Old 09-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Former Vendor

louder yes but raspy and broken sounding...no
I am telling you, it's 98% a leak in the system. Replace your gaskets. It's all of about $10 or so to do it.

I still do not understand how we are being held accountable here.

If it is broken like the core of muffler or something we will replace it, but we need proof.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Former Cobalt Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the exhaust is going to get raspy when you start to open it up a little. my setup is raspy at higher rpms
Old 09-05-2006, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by 05BlackCobaltSS
I feel ya. If i spent almost 1k on an exhaust system to have it sound like ****, and then no where to turn for help, yea, id be a bit pissed to.
yup same here
Old 09-05-2006, 12:43 PM

I find this all very intersting but a few days ago you were just selling this thing cause its loud and now its broken or has problems????

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/parts-66/dezod-2-75-down-pipe-sale-30838/
Old 09-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Former Vendor

Also, if so you need to make sure you filled out your warranty card information.

Quick Reply: MY screwed up Dezod 2.75 exhaust system story....please read